What's new

critique my kano? part 2

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
i'm _extremely_ happy to say that i beat the Noob that defeated me at the tournament before this one _twice_ convincingly. i feel like i'm getting better, so here are some new matches that i'd like some feedback on?~?~?

@ 14:30, vs. Walker (noob), CyusStrike (sub), Walker again, and CyusStrike again.
@ 29:30, vs. BeerGuyEd (kitana) and Viper (freddy)
and then the new match-up that i'm having a really tough time with...
@ 47:00, vs. Pig of the Hut (kenshi) and again @ 53:00. this fuckin character x_x
@ 1:20:45, vs. Lord of the Fly (raiden), casual matches
http://www.twitch.tv/atlmk/b/306863798

@ 16:00, vs. Lord of the Fly (nightwolf), D-Que Beats (cyrax), and Lord of the Fly again... then
@ 31:40, vs. Lord of the Fly once more.
http://www.twitch.tv/atlmk/b/306870953

i know it's a lot, not asking yall to go through all of it necessarily, but there are a lot of different characters i play against in these videos. thanks and enjoy!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i know it's a lot, not asking yall to go through all of it necessarily, but there are a lot of different characters i play against in these videos. thanks and enjoy!
Always good to help out a fellow Yoshi player... =)

I think it's mostly your pokes that you need to work on. You kan poke your way through with d3 to compensate for Kano's slow combo starters. Mix up those pokes along with your overhead and low and you'll get better. The overhead is pretty slow but it is viable if you see them being defensive and expecting the low. D4 pokes are also really good against Nightwolf as he's coming in. If he charges he'll get hit out of it. Use it more in that match up. d1 also works for offense a bit if you expect them to jump. You just have to make sure you pay attention to spacing.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Okay so I watched like an hours worth, had a TON of stuff written... and my computer shut off. Im going to just sum it up as best as I can lol.

Never jump in on the following: Cyrax, Kenshi, Freddy. Freddy and Kenshi can get a 20% combo and you away from them, and Cyrax can take about half of your life bar. You take A LOT of unnecessary risks. A lot of times you used a random ball, two EX balls in a row, air balls against Kenshi. A lot of times you were punished hard as well. When you are playing against Kitana and Kenshi, who have a pretty nice damage input, you cannot afford to waste meter on unsafe air balls and balls. That would honestly be my biggest criticism, you take way too many risks. Sometimes you would try and stuff Kitana's wakeup(which is good and should not be attempted to beat) and then back off against Freddy's wakeup(not great and probably worth pressuring). You were hit by NW charge at least 7 times. Realize that you can simply duck it and it will whiff, that would have saved you a lot of life.

Yeah dude, you are the best Kano out there. I watched all but the last fight and now know 13347365% more stuff about Kano. You knew the perfect times to zone, the perfect times to rush. You knew his block strings, throw setups, midscreen combos and corner combos. You knew your matchups REALLY well(Nothing you can do about Kenshi, that one is just plain bad). Anyone saying Kano is bottom five needs to watch those videos. I originally thought he was bottom 10 but now I think he is top 15 at least. You did some crazy shit with those block strings, and your zoning was on point. I want to thank you for posting those matches, as i learned a ton just from watching them. Im going to post this on TRMK and MKU to show people Kano's true potential.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
thx fellas ^_^ just some opinions on a few things said

Never jump in on the following: Cyrax
D-Que had been trying to d1 people out of the air the entire tournament so i was trying to make him scared of jump in kicks, which would've stuffed his d1. i ain't scared of him :p

Sometimes you would try and stuff Kitana's wakeup(which is good and should not be attempted to beat) and then back off against Freddy's wakeup(not great and probably worth pressuring).
i play with ed (kitana) and viper (freddy) on a fairly regular basis; i'd never seen ed be big on the wake up ex fans before so i just kinda assumed stupidly that he wouldn't go for it x_x and viper is pretty big on wakeup ex claw so i didn't really want anything to do with that shit.

You were hit by NW charge at least 7 times. Realize that you can simply duck it and it will whiff, that would have saved you a lot of life.
...lol :( nightwolf has always been a difficult match up for me; fly really got my dashing rhythm down and was shoudlering in between my ducking like an asshole. you can hear me yelling at him to quit, haha

i do take a lot of risks, and sometimes, my straight balls and exballs are misinputs of me trying to dash in and block (you can hear me swearing loudly a few times when i don't mean to, just something i gotta work on) at the same time, i feel that kano kinda has to take risks against characters like kenshi or nightwolf. kenshi is still real tough. gonna iron that shit out with Pig over the next month to get ready for Final Round kenshis.

as for everything else said, thank you, it's quite humbling. :) look out for me on the Battle and Brew stream on the 9th!

more feedback from fellow kanos would still be greatly appreciated!

Flagg

Noob
Just watching now.

Daaamn, I like this Kano! I'm trying to use Kano more of a upclose pressure tool, then a mindless knife spammer like 90% of Kanos out there, and you play Kano how I'd like to start playing.

Awesome stuff man.

Plop

Noob
Ok, i've just watched it, and i gotta say, wow!
Excellent pressure, sick reactions, awesome zoning. An all round solid Kano. I can see where Zoidberg is coming from with the risky airballs and stuff, and i don't think you utilized Kano's amazing sweep enough but all in all that's one of the best (if not, THE best) Kano i've ever seen.
Fair do's.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Looks alot how i play my kano!

Great pressure but just remember after choke do not try to to anything offensive, atleast ive never been to pull off anything successful and i sometimes like to fake people out with a neutral jump after air throw though that is sometimes risky

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Looks alot how i play my kano!

Great pressure but just remember after choke do not try to to anything offensive, atleast ive never been to pull off anything successful and i sometimes like to fake people out with a neutral jump after air throw though that is sometimes risky
JIK~airthrow after choke stuffs wakeup attacks...

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
212 has a wonky hitbox sometimes. i'll go for the 212 b12 upball ending sometimes if it's towards the end of a round or something but i prefer the slightly more consistent b112 b112 d1 upball at the cost of 2 less percent.

by the way, a good frame trap for kano (risky, it can be ducked and uppercutted if not done while super close to the opponent): f11. On hit, it puts opponent in a frame trap stagger in which the only way to avoid 112 (best melee option after this frame trap as it is kano's fastest normal) is by blocking. I did this to a kung lao and he tried to react with spin and got knocked right out of the start-up frames. f11 is the best set-up for x-ray in my opinion as most people would try to block afterwards. but like i said, super risky.

It's hard to come up with decent critical analysis from such good play, bruh.

The only thing I can think of that I didn't see is maybe try implementing Kano's F3~B2, F11, F11/11, knife~knife (out of combo) for pushing overly aggressive players off you and into Kano's zoning range--combo is %27 with %2 chip damage when 2nd knife is blocked.

Your battle and brew was nice too ^_^