What's new

Critique my Doomsday

E

Eldriken

First and foremost, this is not me fishing for props.

If you have played me regularly or somewhat regularly, I'd like to know what you think of my Doomsday. Whether it's good, bad or a combination of both, lay it on me.

I'm wanting to see if other people notice what I'm doing right or wrong that I'm not picking up on. I'm asking for criticism to help me improve as a player.

Don't hold back, but at the same time, please keep it civil. No need to be an ass about anything and wind up derailing the thread.

Once again, this is not me fishing for props. I just want to know what people think.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I would delete this thread. Your opening yourself up for trolls. It doesnt matter what others think of it. They are either going to float your ego or sink your pride.
However having said that, your dd is very good man. If you really want to know were you stand show these people at your next tournament, dont ask them. Its a what have you done for me lately community

E

Eldriken

I would delete this thread. Your opening yourself up for trolls. It doesnt matter what others think of it. They are either going to float your ego or sink your pride.
However having said that, your dd is very good man. If you really want to know were you stand show these people at your next tournament, dont ask them. Its a what have you done for me lately community
Do you think I'm going to bother with any troll responses? I know who I have and haven't played enough to judge how I play.

I'm mainly looking for insight as to what I do wrong in certain MUs more than anything.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Do you think I'm going to bother with any troll responses? I know who I have and haven't played enough to judge how I play.

I'm mainly looking for insight as to what I do wrong in certain MUs more than anything.

Cool cool. Just looking out for my fellow dd's. We get enough shit as it is

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I would say based off of our games you MB shoulder to much and dont really respect the Jokers parry. Now I know that since theres virtually nothing you really need to respect on Joker, especially online, just kept in mind that if I have level 2 or 3 trait, your bodysplash is useless as I can beat it out really easily with any jump attack and I can troll the hell out of your trait safely with trait jumps. Also you should air snatch more. Of course don't get reckless with it but it definitely is a great tool in the Joker MU. Still hate DAT online ES :joker:

E

Eldriken

I would say based off of our games you MB shoulder to much and dont really respect the Jokers parry. Now I know that since theres virtually nothing you really need to respect on Joker, especially online, just kept in mind that if I have level 2 or 3 trait, your bodysplash is useless as I can beat it out really easily with any jump attack and I can troll the hell out of your trait safely with trait jumps. Also you should air snatch more. Of course don't get reckless with it but it definitely is a great tool in the Joker MU. Still hate DAT online ES :joker:
Yeah, I definitely try to incorporate Air Snatch into my plan against Joker players, but I have a tendency to make the wrong read, lol. You're right about me not respecting your trait. I really should work on that.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
It's been a while and I don't know if this was because of the matchup but you seemed to jump a bit more than the average doomsday players I've played

E

Eldriken

It's been a while and I don't know if this was because of the matchup but you seemed to jump a bit more than the average doomsday players I've played
Yeah, I do. I really love body splash. I should really try to stop doing it so much outside of certain setups.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
It's impossible to critique a Doomsday. As a Doomsday player you need to be able to read your opponent to pick your options and space them out with normals. It's fundamentals. The character is super straight forward. There isn't a cookie cutter way to go about getting better with him. You shouldn't ever have to jump forward with Doomsday. If you're abusing too much of any one thing you should probably broaden your approach.

Decay

King of the Bill
We do need to play again soon, although I hate playing online doomsday, I would suffer through it because... well, I like you bro!!

Espio

Kokomo
I like your Doomsday, maybe some more sweeps mixed in perhaps? You seem good at timing your oki to stuff wake ups, reversing wake ups etc with a large portion of different characters and you adapt fairly well in sets. I'd need to play you a lot more to give more substantive feedback though.