What's new

Critique me pls!

I'm still learning hwoarang/steve, and I would be interested if any top level players who play tekken could critique my gameplay. I'm still really free to randoms, so it felt great playing against people on TYM.

Mr. Mileena vs. Protagonist_1

AU_IM_DIGIMON vs. Protagonist_1

So what do I need to do of more/less as a hwoarang/steve player. Also I haven't touched baek in like a month, so yeah it was bad.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Protagonist_1
Neither match was that bad. My observations...

GENERAL
- You're starting attacking from too far away, then you get whiff punished. Move in a bit more and sidestep or something to set up your offense. Digi killed you because you'd start attacking from too far and he'd just launch.
- Make sure you have optimized juggles. A bunch of times you launched and did very little damage, whereas every time YOU get launched, you're losing 50%. If you'd done the same amount of damage as those guys did, you would've won.
- In more than 1 round I saw you lose without ever tagging, you had a full character you never got in. Once you're at about 50% life, start thinking about tagging. Especially on a wall stage, you can easily lose half life, which means one juggle = loss for the round.
- You seem to have a good idea of when someone is going to tag, but your timing to punish the incoming character was off. I saw you whiff the punish on 2-3 raw tags where you mis-timed it, and those juggles would've won you the rounds.

VS MILEENA
- If Lili goes backturned, just sidewalk. Her BT tracking sucks.
- You ate some random d/f+3+4's. It happens. That move is insanely easy to sidestep now, so constantly be sidestepping when moving towards Lili.
- Lili's CD+1,2 does track decently, and he used it a lot on you. Learn that move, it's really good so Lili's use it a lot. Either block and punish it after the second hit, or sidewalk after the first hit if he goes BT.
- Never backroll to get up against Lili, ever.

VS DIGI
- You ate a lot of random hopkicks. It happens.
- Your Baek didn't have big damage juggles, so your launches were only worth 20% and his were worth 60%. That will lose you the game even if you otherwise outplay him.
- You started attacking from too far away several times, especially with Hwoarang, which mean you ate hopkicks.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Thanks so much, I'll definetly work on these things. I need to wave dash with hwoarang more to get in, keep forgetting he has one lol. Also, I really hate lilly, so I guess I should go in the lab against her.
I've been maining Lili since she came out and can give you good matchup experience and advice, particularly AS we're playing. We can do a 1v1 room.

Don't bother wavedashing. It's an advanced technique and you'll be much better served working on your fundamentals, which is 90% of this game. You can make your way in simply by dashing and sidestepping. Work on that instead - it's universal!