What's new

Discussion CrazyFinger's New and Improved Tier List (Now Completely In Order!)

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I think Predator beats sektor. His pressure doesn't threaten him much and he can't outzone him. Sektor gets bullied in the corner. Sektor can't teleport to Pred's low laser on reaction. It's more of a guess. Reptile Predator matchup might be 5-5 but Predator doesn't lose the matchup. You said reptile can slide under lasers but the risk isn't worth the reward. If I block the slide, I get 37-40% plus a disc setup. It's not ggs if Reptile gets Pred in the corner. His pressure is decent but its not that hard to get out of. Displacer vs Pred is 5-5. I can't zone freely but I can pressure Raiden and bait out the teleport. I've played against bkit, forever king, and goonie. Seems like a solid 5-5.

(About reptile) Well the thing is unless your gonna do close laser at full screen to pre-counter his slide - if you try and do a full screen low laser he can slide and block before you can punish him, it has pretty good recovery. If not his overhead pounce has 2 hits of armour- so he doesn't have a problem getting in. Its pretty much gg's in the corner because he can mix you up with nimble and get 50% 1 bar almost every time with f4 slide or f42 which is overhead. Your not gonna guess right all the time and if he's in nimble he can keep mixing you up .His force balls make it even more tricky to zone him because he can stop them or make them fast or slow or even throw it out and do the reptilian dash which breaks your armour attempt, if you trade he can still combo off it, and if you block it you have a force ball in front of you so he can just carry on his pressure (plus on block for some reason). It's not an easy match up to win i have to resort to a lot of ex low laser's to get through that match up. i think its at-least 5.5 in reptiles favour

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think although weaker in offense; SD has superior defensive reversals/wake-ups, no hurt-box anti air, counter-pokes with clones and more screen control. Having a -3 fast two hitting mid in F34 can really help in some match-ups and when stamina starved. The forceballs really hurt SD the most.

Cage is just not great overall, but SD is no way tier 4. His variations have a similar power level, with A-list being slightly ahead. I could be wrong though and he's secret top 10
That AA would be a read as it's a 21 frame start up limited resource when Alist and Fisti have the better options with S2 Fireball
He is 100% not top 10 lol
I think Alist is A LOT better
Yeah he has the better defence but I would much rather have better offence to avoid them getting in
Btw did you not see the edit where I agreed with you?

The only MU SD does better in is GM and it's 5-5 at best all others Alist or FC be the better.
Homies feels the exact way I feel .
And if anybody thinks SD is the better is going to have to prove it because I am not believing till I see it.
A lot of stream monsters calling SD the best variation do not have a clue what they're talking about.

To believe it I have to see it.

SD is not trash as a whole but he is the weakness link by MUs alone

I'll be doing a ultimate guide soon and part of that comparing the weakness and strengths which I will be doing to demostraight clearly why the other 2 are better

Edit: removed a bit that sounded too cocky for my liking lol

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
If the revised list is in order, I still don't understand why you have Konjurer over Tarkatan. I would like to hear your reasons why you think this is the case.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If the revised list is in order, I still don't understand why you have Konjurer over Tarkatan. I would like to hear your reasons why you think this is the case.
So basically here's my reasoning. While Tarkatan has the better normals I still feel like Konjurer's neutral tools help him in a lot more matchups. He still has a lot of good buttons/strings (only things tarkatan has over Konjurer is S2, NJP and armor) AND he has drone which helps him in a good amount of matchups while also giving him some dirty shit. I've gotten over Tarkatan being god awful but I still think Konjurer is absurdly slept on and is definitely better than Tarkatan.

(About reptile) Well the thing is unless your gonna do close laser at full screen to pre-counter his slide - if you try and do a full screen low laser he can slide and block before you can punish him, it has pretty good recovery. If not his overhead pounce has 2 hits of armour- so he doesn't have a problem getting in. Its pretty much gg's in the corner because he can mix you up with nimble and get 50% 1 bar almost every time with f4 slide or f42 which is overhead. Your not gonna guess right all the time and if he's in nimble he can keep mixing you up .His force balls make it even more tricky to zone him because he can stop them or make them fast or slow or even throw it out and do the reptilian dash which breaks your armour attempt, if you trade he can still combo off it, and if you block it you have a force ball in front of you so he can just carry on his pressure (plus on block for some reason). It's not an easy match up to win i have to resort to a lot of ex low laser's to get through that match up. i think its at-least 5.5 in reptiles favour
It's sounds like you need more work in this matchup . Nimble setups are mostly gimmicks. He's not getting that green screen up a lot on predator. If he wants to slide full screen and block to avoid a laser, I can shoot another laser at him by the time he recovers from sliding. He can't play the match from fullscreen and sliding to get past lasers definitely isn't the answer.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
That AA would be a read Alist and Fisti have the better options with S2 Fireball
He is 100% not top 10 lol
I think Alist is A LOT better
Yeah he has the better defence but I would much rather have better offence to avoid them getting in
Btw did you not see the edit where I agreed with you?

The only MU SD does better in is GM and it's 5-5 at best all others Alist or FC be the better .
Homies feels the exact way I feel .
And if anybody thinks SD is the better is going to have to prove it because I am not believing till I see it, and to do better than me, Homies or even Neptune at this point of the game with SD is not likely, I know that sounds Cocky as fuck but with SD I feel we have right too at this point.
A lot of stream monsters calling SD the best variation do not have a clue what they're talking about.

To believe it I have to see it.

SD is not trash as a whole but he is the weakness link by MUs alone

I'll be doing a ultimate guide soon and part of that comparing the weakness and strengths which I will be doing to demostraight clearly why the other 2 are better.
Haven't seen the 'stunt double best cage' stream monsters personally.

I did see that you agreed with me; I was just stating my reasoning as to why I believe (although below his other two varations) SD does have its own perks and why I don't think he should be in tier 4.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
It's sounds like you need more work in this matchup . Nimble setups are mostly gimmicks. He's not getting that green screen up a lot on predator. If he wants to slide full screen and block to avoid a laser, I can shoot another laser at him by the time he recovers from sliding. He can't play the match from fullscreen and sliding to get past lasers definitely isn't the answer.
I deff agree that i need to learn the match up better although pred is a character iv kinda recently started using full time. I would say you also need to play better nimble's if your that comfortable in that match up

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Does reptile get wrecked by zoning? I don't see it.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Oh and i think i have a better pred than destroyer just my opinion. I utilise more of his tools and have better pressure and i play the neutral way better. So i don't know where you fit in that scale but i have a nimble reptile i would like you to play before you finalise your decision

CrazyFingers

Oh and i think i have a better pred than destroyer just my opinion. I utilise more of his tools and have better pressure and i play the neutral way better. So i don't know where you fit in that scale but i have a nimble reptile i would like you to play before you finalise your decision
That is a big fucking statement to make man. Got results to back that up?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
That is a big fucking statement to make man. Got results to back that up?
I know i have big balls and i cannot lie. lol

No i don't have any results to back it up - unfortunately i have a career job and don't get that much free time for tournament excursions. However i did say it was just my opinion and from what iv seen of destroyer which is a lot. I think i'm wayyyy better

CrazyFingers

No i don't have any results to back it up - unfortunately i have a career job and don't get that much free time for tournament excursions. However i did say it was just my opinion and from what iv seen of destroyer which is a lot. I think i'm wayyyy better
Well why do you think you're better? The ways you said earlier are like, 100% objective and could be disputed.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace

Brehhhh. Where that ft10 at though with Destroyer? Lol

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Well why do you think you're better? The ways you said earlier are like, 100% objective and could be disputed.
It's just how i feel after watching him. I used to main HW jax and when i watched tyrant at his best at that time i knew he was better than me but i wasn't far behind - so i ft10 Tyrant in a friendly and he beat me 10-7. But watching the way he played before playing him i could see the things he was doing better that i hadn't got down yet and his reactions were a lot better than mine and i honestly knew he was gonna beat me but i still tried my best.

It's the same thing with destroyer - too many d3's on block when his opponent is sitting there blocking. Doesn't utilise his hit confirms with max damage instead goes for more pressure. Doesn't anti-air well bla bla bla - i can see the things i do better than him.

LOL!!! yeah that's a bold statement. Destroyer is a beast.

CrazyFingers

So I realized I just completely lost Ronin in my changing and i bumped up the other two Takeda variations.

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
Happy to see Aftershock up there, and even among Crystalline. :)

Not sure why Pretty Lady is in Tier 4, though. IMO that variation is a contender for best zoning in the game. Must be some problem I'm unaware of.

CrazyFingers

Happy to see Aftershock up there, and even among Crystalline. :)

Not sure why Pretty Lady is in Tier 4, though. IMO that variation is a contender for best zoning in the game. Must be some problem I'm unaware of.
The zoning is only okay and he has a ton of whiffing issues with a 'meh' up close game. He's just super lack luster overall. I've put a lot of time into him.