What's new

Discussion CrazyFinger's Dream Patchnotes

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I was thinking to myself, "Everyone on TYM is having tons of conversations about possible buffs for their favorite characters" and I that got me thinking. Everyone has what they want from a patch. Whether it be buffs, nerfs, costumes, what have you. So I figured, why not share my wishlist with a bunch of random people? Seems good to me. So here are my Dream Patchnotes.

COSTUMES
The most important of content updates, the style. So! Here is a list of costumes I want in my life. (Only KP Characters because I'm lazy)

Sackhead Jason- Because Jason's original design from the first two Friday the 13th Movies is awesome (Refer Profile Picture)

Classic Tremor- This seems like a no brainer.

Samurai Predator- If you don't know what the samurai predator is, look it up right now because oh my god it is good.

Classic Triborg- You all know you want this.

Predalien- This one COULD have been a Predator skin if A: Samurai Predator didn't exists and B: If Predalien wasn't more alien than predator.

Clown Leatherface- Because let's be honest, he's already a clown, just needs to look the part.

Fire Elemental Tanya- Cover that girl in flames, it'd be hype.

Young Bo' Rai Cho- I feel like seeing Bo as a youngin would be cool but it would probably mess with hitboxes and stuff.

KOMBAT PACK 3
New characters are some peoples' favorite part of a new MK patch, so here's what I would LOVE to see in the game

Shao Kahn- Give me The True King of Outworld with his taunts, which are now parries, and spear run cancels plz.

Noob Saibot- If a KP3 happens and Noob isn't in it, expect the maximum amount of riots possible from this community.

Spawn- I know we are all most likely sick of guests but it is freaking Spawn, you can't be mad at that, also his cape being animated is...a fantastic thought.

Onaga- This one might be the only one people fight me on but two things. 1: More big monsters are welcomed for me. And 2: If they can turn Tremor, a complete nothing of a character, into the badass earthbender he is today, I'd love to see what they do with Onaga.

BUFFS
The breaking of characters and the making characters viable section. Here I take you to a world where things might not be balanced, but boy are they different. I will only comment on the characters I have experience with because I do not want to anger people and I will not comment on characters I know nothing about, ONWARD TO BUFFTOWN!

Bo' Rai Cho
UNIVERSAL

• Make F1 a TRUE Mid.
  • Make both B3 and F3 have a 20f startup, hate frame differences in mah mix.
  • Increase Run Speed and decrease recovery frames on both Front and Back Dashes.
  • Remove the gap in B2, 3, 3 and reduce the startup frames of B2 to 20f.
BARTITSU
  • Make F1 a Mid and reduce the startup to 9f.
  • Make an EX version of BF4 that has one hit of armor, frames remain the same.
DRUNKEN MASTER
  • Make the vomit timer 15 seconds instead of 10, 10 is not long enough for our drunkard.
DRAGON'S FIRE
  • No variation specific changes needed.
GORO
UNIVERSAL

• Reduce OTG Scaling on stomp.
  • Reduce Startup Frames of BF1 to 20f and Recovery Frames to not -157. Seriously, who comes up with these numbers.
KUATAN WARRIOR
  • Reduce OTG Scaling on ground pound.
  • EX BF2 now allows you to choose which side you throw them by holding that direction.
DRAGON FANGS
TIGRAR FURY
  • Reduce startup frames of BF2 to 22f.
JASON VORHEES
UNIVERSAL

• No universal changes needed.
SLASHER
RELENTLESS
  • Reduce the recovery frames of DD3 to 85f and EX DD3 to 40f.
  • Increase duration of DD3 and EX DD3 by 1 second.
  • Being in DD3 prevents the opponent from grabbing.
  • DB2 and EX DB2 both have startup frames reduced to 20f.
UNSTOPPABLE
  • Netherrealm, if anyone working there is reading this. Do not buff this character. You will be condemned by many if you do, he doesn't need it, not when people, such as myself, put him in possible top 5 territory.
KENSHI
Now...before I go into this, I just want to preface this by saying, I love Kenshi. He's been one of my favorites since back in Deception, so I have thought long and hard about what I feel this character needs to rise from the ashes...as you will see most of these buffs will focus on mainly Balanced, because that is the one that definitely needs the most help and that is basically the spirit of what Kenshi is.

UNIVERSAL
  • Increase the range of S2 and make it a mid.
  • Increase the hit advantage of 2,2 to +6.
BALANCED
  • Make BF2 -5 on block and EX BF2 +5 on block.
  • Make BF3 and EX BF3 have the ENTIRE animation playout on block, with chip damage.
  • Make EX BF3 a Mid.
  • Make ALL DB4's come out in 14 frames and ALL EX DB4's come out in 10 frames.
POSSESSED
  • Make F4 +6 on block.
  • Make EX DF4 launch.
  • Make BF2 -8 on block and EX BF2 +2
KENJUTSU
  • Make BF2 and EX BF2 -5 on block.
KOTAL KAHN
UNIVERSAL

• Fix whiffing issues with 1,1,4 Air Grab on F/T.
BLOOD GOD
WAR GOD
SUN GOD
  • Reduce recovery frames of DB2 and EX DB2 to 12 frames.
LEATHERFACE
WARNING!: POSSIBLE SALT INDUCING BUFFS AHEAD.
UNIVERSAL
  • Reduce F1 to a startup of 8 frames but make it a mid.
  • Revert nerf to hit advantage on F2.
KILLER
  • Increase plus frames on hit of DB3-> 2 to +10 and EX DB3->2 to +20.
BUTCHER
  • Revert nerf to hit advantage on 2,2.
  • Revert startup nerf on DBF1.
PRETTY LADY
  • Make EX BF2 +8 on block.
LIU KANG
WARNING!: POSSIBLE SALT INDUCING BUFFS AHEAD (I am only touching on Flame Fist for it's the only one I really play enough where I feel comfortable talking about it.)
UNIVERSAL
  • Remove the gap on 1,1,3.
FLAMEFIST
  • Make DD1 and EX DD1 both have the same recovery of 15f.
  • EX DD1 now adds .20 per tick instead of .17 on block.
  • EX DD1 now makes EX BF1 do 3.50% on block.
  • BF1 and EX BF1 has its whiffing on crouch blocking opponents fixed.
  • EX BF1 is now +6 on block.
SCORPION
UNIVERSAL

• Remove the possibility of 1,1,4 having a gap.
HELLFIRE
INFERNO (Taken straight from @YOMI REO 'S KP3 nerf/buff post, couldn't agree more with these changes.)
  • Minion Charge D,B+1 is now -6 on block.
  • EX Minion Charge is now +7 on block.
  • Minion Drop D,B+2 is now +10 on hit.
  • EX Minion Drop (D,B+2+BLK) now stuns the opponent on hit exactly like Jason's F+2 hit animation, which allows a combo follow up.
NINJUTSU
TREMOR
This one isn't a huge list, it's simply this.
  • Make D1 6f.
And that is my little wishlist. I decided to leave out the negativity of nerfing characters that I only know slightly about. My final notes are, please do comment your thoughts on this, would love to hear what you think of the changes I would make and if you have any other costume ideas or KP3 character ideas feel free to comment them. Take care and remember, high sodium intake can lead to blood pressure problems.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Yea Fujin is pretty hype, would probably be better received than Spawn.
If I remember well, Spawn is DC comics. I think he would fit as a fine warrior in those fighting games. I don't think he would fit in MK series.

FutileDede

True Empress
TREMOR
This one isn't a huge list, it's simply this.
  • Make D1 6f.
I don't have extensive knowledge on the other characters that you listed for buffs but hopefully they are not
as bad as your tremor suggestion.

Why in the world would you want any character to have an 8 frame advancing mid that is also plus on block? :eek:

That small change will break the game as you will be able to run cancel the f1 full string to itself. Your opponent will have to amour to escape every single time as back dashing tremor on his current state is already a bad idea.

Staggers will be brain dead with F1. Then just for the extra cherry you added a 6f D1 lol.

Tremor doesn't have a solid mid because most of his moves lead to a hard knockdown. His game plan generally is to knock you down and then overwhelm you. Neutral control will be ridiculous as most of his
specials on block and all on hit guarantee him pressure.

So to F1 being an 8frame mid "NOOOO" very bad idea.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Every time I hear people suggest spawn I throw up in my mouth a little. I hope to the elder gods that WB being the publisher means that spawn will NEVER be part of my beloved game franchise.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Just to add on Kenshi. Could they make 3223 string actually useful. And in Kenjutsu I wouldn't mind a couple more frames to work with trying to combo db1 on hit, and make it -7 (or just safer in general) on block.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
If I remember well, Spawn is DC comics. I think he would fit as a fine warrior in those fighting games. I don't think he would fit in MK series.
Spawn isn't DC. He is image comics, and if you think he wouldn't fit in mk you clearly don't know much about spawn, he would fit way better in mk than in injustice, due to how insanely brutal his character is. I would take spawn over leatherface anyday. And if we have to have another guest character, I think spawn would be a great fit.

Lol @ Unstoppable. So because a group of people claim he's top tier, must Nertherealm be forced NOT to buff him? I mean outside of "Armor break diz bitches", what does he have that isn't easily countered?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Lol @ Unstoppable. So because a group of people claim he's top tier, must Nertherealm be forced NOT to buff him? I mean outside of "Armor break diz bitches", what does he have that isn't easily countered?
Fast advancing mids, mostly safe armor (besides the choke which is a tight punish) 9f mid in B3. Mixup of B3 tickthrow, B3 D1 or B3 U1 which can set up back into itself on knockdown (Armor breaking buff makes it near unavoidable at that point) insane meter build with DD4 along with decent healing on that buff. Insane metered and meterless damage with DD3 and EX DD3. One of the best D1's in the game which is plus enough to guarantee B1 or B3 which immediately starts his tick throw pressure. Some of the better anti-air tech in the game with choke, B3 and B1,2,2. And finally, you have to kill him twice which has won me so many games that would otherwise have been lost...OH! and his knockdown is made ridiculous by DD3. On knockdown he can low poke and break high armor and start his pressure, he can implement the mixup of F3 (Overhead Boot) and F4,4 (Low kicks) which can quickly push your opponent to the corner, where all his tools become much harder to avoid and get out off.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I like the Kenshi changes but I would like to add to possessed more hit adv on DF4. Currently it's only plus 2 and people disrespect the shit out of it in my experience.

First of all, wtf is with those costumes????
Give Tanya MK4 and a costume very very similar to Deception. Ideally, those two plus an entirely new costume would be perfect.
I'll post my Tanya buffs when I finish them.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't have extensive knowledge on the other characters that you listed for buffs but hopefully they are not
as bad as your tremor suggestion.

Why in the world would you want any character to have an 8 frame advancing mid that is also plus on block? :eek:

That small change will break the game as you will be able to run cancel the f1 full string to itself. Your opponent will have to amour to escape every single time as back dashing tremor on his current state is already a bad idea.

Staggers will be brain dead with F1. Then just for the extra cherry you added a 6f D1 lol.

Tremor doesn't have a solid mid because most of his moves lead to a hard knockdown. His game plan generally is to knock you down and then overwhelm you. Neutral control will be ridiculous as most of his
specials on block and all on hit guarantee him pressure.

So to F1 being an 8frame mid "NOOOO" very bad idea.
Thank you.

8F mid-hitting f+1 would result in block infinite combos, similarly to Raiden's pre-patch f+1, against any character who lacks a 6F poke.

6F d+1 would create an immensely powerful meta game. I guarantee you that I would have top players crying on Twitter.

Noob
Thank you.

8F mid-hitting f+1 would result in block infinite combos, similarly to Raiden's pre-patch f+1, against any character who lacks a 6F poke.

6F d+1 would create an immensely powerful meta game. I guarantee you that I would have top players crying on Twitter.
Every character could use a block infinite at this point in the game, especially Tremor considering how bad he is.

:DOGE

Fast advancing mids, mostly safe armor (besides the choke which is a tight punish) 9f mid in B3. Mixup of B3 tickthrow, B3 D1 or B3 U1 which can set up back into itself on knockdown (Armor breaking buff makes it near unavoidable at that point) insane meter build with DD4 along with decent healing on that buff. Insane metered and meterless damage with DD3 and EX DD3. One of the best D1's in the game which is plus enough to guarantee B1 or B3 which immediately starts his tick throw pressure. Some of the better anti-air tech in the game with choke, B3 and B1,2,2. And finally, you have to kill him twice which has won me so many games that would otherwise have been lost...OH! and his knockdown is made ridiculous by DD3. On knockdown he can low poke and break high armor and start his pressure, he can implement the mixup of F3 (Overhead Boot) and F4,4 (Low kicks) which can quickly push your opponent to the corner, where all his tools become much harder to avoid and get out off.
No sane person is going to let him in and get a chance to do that, it's not happening. The majority of the cast could easily bully him into being a victim of his own mind game (Alien, Mileena, Jax, Erron, Kotal, etc.) (outside of Relentless). Zoning(Kitana, FA Jacqui, IA gun shots from Hollywood Cassie) and Armor are your friend against an Unstoppable player. Sorry but not happening.