What's new

Match Footage - Possessed CR Sonic Fox vs EXiLE Tweedy - With Visual Enhancements

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm delighted to share with you a truly exceptional piece of work. Our own @Eddy Wang has put tremendous effort into preparing a unique analysis of a set between @SonicFox5000 and @Tweedy. Read the descriptions below and enjoy the video. Feel free to comment to share your gratitude towards Eddy, ask any questions, or to request a similar analysis for another FT3 set.

The visual enhancement in this video is a sort of radar that says "Kounter Speed Trap". If you have ever seen Formula 1, on longest straights there is a radar that measures how fast the car was going before hitting the breaking point.

This concept has been applied to the above video, so that at every single moment a player, jumps, runs, uses an interactible, whiffs a heavily punishable move (like throws or oki or specials with long recovery on whiff, blocked uppercuts) this player will put himself under a imminent counter situation. This means that this player, at that particular time, has opened himself up for nearly a second where he can be counter attacked.

While on imminent counter, if a player is anti-aired or whiff punished, another helper will display on the screen measuring his reaction time, so you guys can have an idea of how fast one player can guess or react to it.

There are rules to what are hard reads and what are reactions, a hard read is trapped from 1f to 14, reactions goes from 15 above, so the radar will go from purple (fastest time) to red (slowest time which is over 40f)

From the instant the imminent counter starts, to the point where the player executes a move, the time taken until the first active frame will be measured as the reaction time of the player by the execution frame being the frame of reaction time or hard read (which isn't exactly reacting)

It has stats as well, so it counts how many counters a player has taken per round, and as well has how many clean hits (normals hits without being a punish), how many breakers used in a round etc.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and I will take request to do this to certain matches (first of 3 at best) just name one.

This video also helps to spot more windows where you can counter-attack and formulate new strategies, find more weakness against these damn monsters and, of course, have fun.

If there is a match you guys want to see (first of 3 at max) with visual enhancements lemme know. The one with the most rates will get a version of this.

Enjoy
Sneakily edited/promoted by the Tortoise

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
when I read "visual enhancements" I thought about meme, damn internet.

incredibly nice video though, seriously.
I hardly do memes, but that's not really about it, i'm still adjusting this but its something i'm willing to do more in te future.

What i can tell you about this match is, Sonic fox won mostly from tick throws, if i added a stats for how many throws and throw breaks were used at each round you would see how many times he did it to win.

Tweedy lost this match to the ticks mostly, and also there are moments he snapped and took a bunch of hits for no reason.

I love this way of watching ppl it will give some of an insight on how that player reacts or doesn't to certain set ups and situations more of these please with high level players

Lokheit

Noob
My take from those stats (specially during the first 2 games, the third one really looks like Tweedy gave up and normalized the final outcome statwise):

Jason gets a huge ton of value from mostly anything he does.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

The visual enhancement in this video is a sort of radar that says "Kounter Speed Trap" if you guys ever seen Formula 1, on longest straights, there is a radar that measures how fast the car was going before hitting the breaking point.

What this do in this video its, at every single moment a player, jumps, runs, uses an interactible, whiffs a heavily punishable move like throws or oki or specials with long recovery on whiff, blocked uppercuts, this player will put himself under a imminent counter situation, meaning, this player at that particular time he has opened himself up for nearly a second where he can be counter attacked.

While on imminent counter, if a player is anti-aired or whiff punished, another helper will display on the screen measuring his reaction time, so you guys can have an idea of how fast one player can guess or react to it.

There are rules to what are hard reads and what are reactions, a hard read is trapped from 1f to 14, reactions goes from 15 above, so the radar will go from purple (fastest time) to red (slowest time which is over 40f)

From the instant the imminent counter starts, to the point where the player executes a move the time taken until the first active frame will be measured as the reaction time of the player by the execution frame being the frame of reaction time or hard read (which isn't exactly reacting)
It has stats as well, so it counts how many counters a player has taken per round, and as well has how many clean hits (normals hitting without being a punish) how many breakers used in a round, and etc etc.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and i will take request to do this to certain matches (first of 3 at best) just name one.

Also helps to spot more windows where you can counter-attack and formulate new strategies, find more weakness against these damn monsters and of course having fun.

If there is a match you guys want to see (first of 3 at max) with visual enhancements lemme know the one with the most rates will get a version of this.

Enjoy
Eddy wang found his calling

I haven't watched It all but eddy I love stuff like this and this is great!