What's new

CQC step by step

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
I'd love for one (or more) of you elite guys to give me nice step by step instructions of proper CQC for shang.

currently my method consists of hitting LP/or HP really fast, and then mixing in a sweep every now and then, this is pretty primitive as most people just block and get out of it.

here's what I want to know-
1.how to "pull punches" Mike C tried explaining this to me and I still haven't got it to work correctly.
2.when to walk in, when to jump in? basically the best strategy of getting close to everyone. and how to cause the most confusion/ damage.

thanks!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'd love for one (or more) of you elite guys to give me nice step by step instructions of proper CQC for shang
thanks!
Mike is the guy you want to talk to, Shang's not a strong character for me. I just mix up low punches with sweeps. Or keep pressing low punch rhythmically every half second, because its harder to get away from that way.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

thanks, that sounds like something I can handle. Mike basically told me that he hits LP than slides to LK to cancel the LP, and then repeats that and walks forward (he also said people do this with Block instead of LK), but when I do it he just kicks or blocks. So am I just hitting Block/ LK too hard or what?
hell, I haven't even figured out how to GP or MGP :( with golden punches I just end up blocking, and MGP never does the second one!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
thanks, that sounds like something I can handle. Mike basically told me that he hits LP than slides to LK to cancel the LP, and then repeats that and walks forward (he also said people do this with Block instead of LK), but when I do it he just kicks or blocks. So am I just hitting Block/ LK too hard or what?
hell, I haven't even figured out how to GP or MGP :( with golden punches I just end up blocking, and MGP never does the second one!
Those are kara jabs, yeah, Mike is really good at them.
Golden punches are easy once you practice them a ton.
MGPs... :rolleyes: no comment!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kara jabs are an absolute must if you want to play with Shang at a high level. Same with Mileena or Kitana, IMO. Cancel with a kick and then punch again. Don't make your pattern obvious though. Mix in a series of two jabs, then kara, one jab, kara, 3 jabs, kara, etc.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

sounds good, and what would your advice be if I am executing a kick instead of the jab cancel? Am I pressing too hard? or not getting back to punching quick enough? I feel like if I figure this out I can figure out GP's too.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright, that's enough. I'm deleting all the trolling posts as this is going to lead nowhere good. Please keep this on topic or else I will have to start handing out warnings.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Alright, that's enough. I'm deleting all the trolling posts as this is going to lead nowhere good. Please keep this on topic or else I will have to start handing out warnings.
what did I miss?

I'm pretty sure kara jabs are what REO uses to do his 100% corner combo with Mileena also.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
sounds good, and what would your advice be if I am executing a kick instead of the jab cancel? Am I pressing too hard? or not getting back to punching quick enough? I feel like if I figure this out I can figure out GP's too.
If you are kicking instead of cancelling into another punch, you are probably pressing the buttons too quickly. There's a rhythm you have to get down, but once you do it's like bread and butter.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Kara jabs are an absolute must if you want to play with Shang at a high level. Same with Mileena or Kitana, IMO. Cancel with a kick and then punch again. Don't make your pattern obvious though. Mix in a series of two jabs, then kara, one jab, kara, 3 jabs, kara, etc.
Yeah you're right. I know Mike is always lethal with Shang coz of karas, and now that I sat down and learned them, I must say this brings a new dynamic to MK2. Not just for Shang but for everyone. I demolished skywalkersorin's Sub-Zero last night with Shang's karas. Afterwards he deleted me from his friends list and said I was a cheater ;)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yeah you're right. I know Mike is always lethal with Shang coz of karas, and now that I sat down and learned them, I must say this brings a new dynamic to MK2. Not just for Shang but for everyone. I demolished skywalkersorin's Sub-Zero last night with Shang's karas. Afterwards he deleted me from his friends list and said I was a cheater ;)
I could see people getting upset with you because of analog moves, but kara jabs have been around since the beginning of time. Oh well, his loss (literally.)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I could see people getting upset with you because of analog moves, but kara jabs have been around since the beginning of time. Oh well, his loss (literally.)
I'd played him a few times before, so he knew how I played. I think it was the addition of kara jabs that pushed him over the edge. :oops: