What's new

Cpu Practice Challenge...

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
It seems like a lot of players are either online playing other games, or practicing in training mode or against the cpu, so I figured, if anyone's interested in learning new characters, maybe gamers could post their progress in one way by listing the hardest battles they finished.

The cpu seems REALLY hard sometimes, yet I wonder if the Ultimate Edition is harder, cos I watched vids of ppl beating very hard mode in the old version of the game using 2- and 3-hit combos and supers and still winning matches. This gave me the wrong impression of how cheap or good the cpu is...

Here's my biggest personal achievements against the cpu so far: I mostly do single fights so I can rematch the cpu when I'm having trouble fighting a specific character.

Very Hard setting:

Defeated: all with Supes, and some with Wonder Woman
1) Sinestro
2) Lex
3) Grundy
4) Deathstroke
5) Batgirl
6) Doomsday

I'm kinda afraid to try fighting the rest of the cast in very hard mode O_O

I noticed that Batgirl and Doomsday can be NUTZ to beat on the 'very hard' setting under the 'single fight' option. I literally played against Batgirl for hours and only beat her 3-5 times with my best characters! :'( I felt like breaking my Vita lol...no joke, though! I can't imagine having as much trouble against human players. For Doomsday, it was a matter of blocking his attacks and not getting thrown so much, cos he seemed to throw me from far away, and RIGHT after I started to stand after wake-up. Wake-up in this game REALLY confuses me...maybe this game has a lotta meaties as anti-wake-up, or it's just a lot earlier for timing than SF games, which I've played a lot longer. I guess I could try not quick-recovering so much after a knockdown?

On the other hand, Sinestro, Grundy, Lex, and Deathstroke were pretty easy to beat, by comparison. I beat all 6 of these cpu characters with Supes, and I beat Batgirl at least once with Wonder Woman. I think it's between the 2 of them to find my main for now.

My prob with Batgirl was her vortex seemed SO fast and seemed to have so much range that it not only punished my whiffs, but I couldn't identify whether a high or low was coming, and she almost always hit me with the attack I wasn't blocking in that split second since the animations looked so similar to me, and nearly every time she hit me with it, it resulted in a combo for about 30%+ damage. I felt like the game was reading my inputs again...it was crazy. Not only that, but even when I DID successfully block the vortex, it didn't seem punishable. Yet, when I had played Batgirl last month, her vortex didn't seem nearly as fast or long-ranged, and the cpu almost always blocked correctly! >:p

Anyone wanna give this a shot? I'm curious to see how everything's developing for everyone else! :D lol