What's new

Cpu difficulty for Vita version...

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I noticed that for the original (vanilla? lol) version of Injustice on console that the cpu looked incredibly easy to beat on the hardest setting for battle sets, as youtubers would win with hardly any combos and just spam supers a lot, but I've only started playing on the Vita for a couple weeks and the hardest setting seems MUCH harder, although it varies quite a bit, based on which characters I choose to fight. I need to learn more about how to fight armored characters, but the cpu in general seems to read my inputs and counter everything I do, and it's SO aggressive, compared to how ppl play in tourneys.

Maybe the Ultimate Edition is harder? I don't think the Vita controls are an issue, except it's harder to tech the cpu's throws and do throws of my own.

I hope this isn't a sign that I'm just really new to this game, or at least that it won't be hard for me to adjust to it. I was an SF3 player and the cpu was easy in that game and I could beat tourney players occasionally and I played competitively, although I skipped out on tourneys.

I've only played one person in this game so I'm trying to stay hopeful that I'll improve. It feels SO different from SF games with timing for button presses for combos, and the button layout confuses me cos it doesn't seem obvious how to do specials, so I have to memorize them. I mean, in SF games, if someone had an uppercut move, you automatically could guess that you either do a dp rotation or reverse-dp with either a punch or kick button, but in this game, specials require a specific button in order to do them at all.

Maybe if I played the MK games all this time, that would have helped. Also, I'm not used to multi-tap specials, such as d, d + button press, so it seems I'll have to take more time memorizing moves for each character I try to pick up, since characters seem to vary so much in play style in this game. This isn't Ryu, Ken and Zangief here lol.

Does anyone have any feedback on the cpu difficulty?

Delriach

Sindelly
The unpatched version of Injustice for PS3 and Xbox 360 had some AI exploits that were fixed in the day 1 update if I recall. That stuff would be applied to the Vita/PS4/PC by default. The AI just would react better to certain situations and not be so abusable. I doubt any other changes were made but I dunno.

Justice

Noob
The videos only show the one time they won, not the 100 or so matches it took to get that one win ;)

Seriously though, the AI is stoopid hard on consoles as well. You are only seeing when they won and not the work it took to get that skilled in the game. Keep practicing and you'll get there :D

Protectobot

The unpatched version of Injustice for PS3 and Xbox 360 had some AI exploits that were fixed in the day 1 update if I recall. That stuff would be applied to the Vita/PS4/PC by default. The AI just would react better to certain situations and not be so abusable. I doubt any other changes were made but I dunno.
The videos only show the one time they won, not the 100 or so matches it took to get that one win ;)

Seriously though, the AI is stoopid hard on consoles as well. You are only seeing when they won and not the work it took to get that skilled in the game. Keep practicing and you'll get there :D
WHOA! For a forum that seems so quiet, I sure got some quick replies! Thanks for responding so fast, guys! :D Then I shouldn't be too bummed that very hard-diff Lex was mopping the floor with my Supes lol. Not to mention he's no longer the undisputed best character in the game. Besides learning more about armored characters, I realized I don't know everyone's overheads by sight yet (MMH seems to have more than most, for instance), and the properties to everyone's specials and traits. There seems to be a LOT to learn in this game, and hopefully that'll make it more fun instead of overwhelming. I prefer this over games like the Marvel vs. Capcom games cos I like 1-on-1 fights so I can learn one character at a time and match-ups, one opponent at a time, despite still preferring to learn several characters in every fighter I play. I also am more of a DC fanboy than Marvel, actually lol.

Capcom's cpu seems to be pretty lame usually, so it's weird to think that NR's MK games and IJ would be so damn good at times: must be they're reading my inputs and know how to counter me. With Capcom, the cpu just tended to do more damage and take less, which is a lame way to make it harder (a little harder).

Ironically, the mobile version of Injustice is so easy...it's just a matter of leveling up your stats so you can basically outlast the cpu tag team!

Justice

Noob
I love the app :D It's awesome :) Regime Wonder Woman is beyond broke as fuck tho lol

I just got my Vita earlier this week and I do have to caution the Vita isn't the best platform for fighters. It may be my experience going from a HitBox to the Vita controls, but the d-pad and buttons just don't seem as responsive as they "should" to me.

Protectobot

I love the app :D It's awesome :) Regime Wonder Woman is beyond broke as fuck tho lol

I just got my Vita earlier this week and I do have to caution the Vita isn't the best platform for fighters. It may be my experience going from a HitBox to the Vita controls, but the d-pad and buttons just don't seem as responsive as they "should" to me.
Lol, hopefully MMH is coming out for the next challenge mode, and this time, he'll be PLAYABLE in an IJ game! He's even supposed to have his Sektor uppercut, which is THE main reason he's my fave' character in both games (I just love that kind of attack). I think Regime WW's underrated. She builds meter just like every cpu character (I guess since they don't have lvl 3/super, it's only fair?).

Oh yeah! lol...the name 'hitbox' keeps throwing me off, but I remember it now.

Since I haven't played IJ on console, I'm not sure what I'd prefer. I used to be a d-pad player, years back, but once I FINALLY adapted to American arcade sticks, I never really looked back, so I'm glad that the controls are basically simpler for IJ than SF games, cos I mostly hate console sticks and don't feel there's a need to use a stick to play IJ, and I'm shocked how many tourney players use them! At least Slayer, in my state, uses a pad! O_O IJ's execution seems to be more about reaction time and button-press timing for combos than overall dexterity/execution. I never learned how to charge-partition in SF3, for instance.

One of the reasons I was at first hesitant to get the Vita version was the limited controller options (maybe something's been done about that?) but I kept reading how most ppl prefer the Vita d-pad over the console d-pads out there, for IJ. I'm just trying to get used to 2-button throws, which were easier for SF3 in the arcades than on the Vita :( meter-burning doesn't seem so bad, and it's better for the Vita than doing EX attacks in SF3 would be, if it ever were on the Vita or something with a similar control scheme.

WHOA! For a forum that seems so quiet, I sure got some quick replies! Thanks for responding so fast, guys! :D Then I shouldn't be too bummed that very hard-diff Lex was mopping the floor with my Supes lol. Not to mention he's no longer the undisputed best character in the game. Besides learning more about armored characters, I realized I don't know everyone's overheads by sight yet (MMH seems to have more than most, for instance), and the properties to everyone's specials and traits. There seems to be a LOT to learn in this game, and hopefully that'll make it more fun instead of overwhelming. I prefer this over games like the Marvel vs. Capcom games cos I like 1-on-1 fights so I can learn one character at a time and match-ups, one opponent at a time, despite still preferring to learn several characters in every fighter I play. I also am more of a DC fanboy than Marvel, actually lol.

Capcom's cpu seems to be pretty lame usually, so it's weird to think that NR's MK games and IJ would be so damn good at times: must be they're reading my inputs and know how to counter me. With Capcom, the cpu just tended to do more damage and take less, which is a lame way to make it harder (a little harder).

Ironically, the mobile version of Injustice is so easy...it's just a matter of leveling up your stats so you can basically outlast the cpu tag team!
i think the injustice AI does read inputs lol.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Injustice AI is such horseshit, Grundy being so slow I get interrupted before any of my strings comes out...

Justice

Noob
Lol, hopefully MMH is coming out for the next challenge mode, and this time, he'll be PLAYABLE in an IJ game! He's even supposed to have his Sektor uppercut, which is THE main reason he's my fave' character in both games (I just love that kind of attack). I think Regime WW's underrated. She builds meter just like every cpu character (I guess since they don't have lvl 3/super, it's only fair?).

Oh yeah! lol...the name 'hitbox' keeps throwing me off, but I remember it now.

Since I haven't played IJ on console, I'm not sure what I'd prefer. I used to be a d-pad player, years back, but once I FINALLY adapted to American arcade sticks, I never really looked back, so I'm glad that the controls are basically simpler for IJ than SF games, cos I mostly hate console sticks and don't feel there's a need to use a stick to play IJ, and I'm shocked how many tourney players use them! At least Slayer, in my state, uses a pad! O_O IJ's execution seems to be more about reaction time and button-press timing for combos than overall dexterity/execution. I never learned how to charge-partition in SF3, for instance.

One of the reasons I was at first hesitant to get the Vita version was the limited controller options (maybe something's been done about that?) but I kept reading how most ppl prefer the Vita d-pad over the console d-pads out there, for IJ. I'm just trying to get used to 2-button throws, which were easier for SF3 in the arcades than on the Vita :( meter-burning doesn't seem so bad, and it's better for the Vita than doing EX attacks in SF3 would be, if it ever were on the Vita or something with a similar control scheme.
Uhh, MMH has been playable for a long time in Injustice :p And yes, the Vita version is the Komplete version so all dlc characters (including MMH) are fully playable with their own Star Labs and everything.

Yea, pretty much every hand held has issues with 2-button inputs. Try playing Fire Pro Wrestling on a DS! You'll never play games again. Ever. Actually, I shouldn't be so hard of the Vita inputs. I mean, I just picked up Injustice a few hours ago and hit the lab when I got home and in a few minutes I was landing Catwoman's D1xx Cat Claws roughly 2/5 times. It's just after getting used to the Sanwas in the HitBox, pretty much everything feels "smushy" to me now :D

Regime Wonder Woman is soooo not underrated. My Elite V, level 40 card can usually OCV the very last special ladder (the one with the star icon on page 6) except for the first and the last two fights. Just stand block with her dood and you'll see how broke she is.

Anywho, glad you're enjoying the game and feel free to ask any questions you might have :D

Protectobot

Uhh, MMH has been playable for a long time in Injustice :p And yes, the Vita version is the Komplete version so all dlc characters (including MMH) are fully playable with their own Star Labs and everything.

Yea, pretty much every hand held has issues with 2-button inputs. Try playing Fire Pro Wrestling on a DS! You'll never play games again. Ever. Actually, I shouldn't be so hard of the Vita inputs. I mean, I just picked up Injustice a few hours ago and hit the lab when I got home and in a few minutes I was landing Catwoman's D1xx Cat Claws roughly 2/5 times. It's just after getting used to the Sanwas in the HitBox, pretty much everything feels "smushy" to me now :D

Regime Wonder Woman is soooo not underrated. My Elite V, level 40 card can usually OCV the very last special ladder (the one with the star icon on page 6) except for the first and the last two fights. Just stand block with her dood and you'll see how broke she is.

Anywho, glad you're enjoying the game and feel free to ask any questions you might have :D
Lol, I meant tourney players saying MMH isn't playable as in not 'useable' cos he lags up the game with the coolest attack in the game. He's TOO gawdlike for IJ! At least his Sektor uppercut doesn't lag on the mobile version, now that I won him in the challenge mode. I agree with the tourney players that he's not really playable on the Vita, which sucks, cos he's my fave' character in the game :( and we never got Supergirl (or even Powergirl, who's only playable in DCU, I think).

I used to play pad before I had started learning how to improve with actual joysticks in the arcade, but I tend to hate console arcade sticks. Custom seems to be the way to go, for that. Pad seems to be ok for me, but I was never good at multi-button presses: even for stuff like Zangief's lariat in arcades with those big, responsive buttons (convex buttons, please!). Maybe that's cos our fingers aren't all the same length, so they don't reach the buttons at the same time lol I can't tell if any of my execution probs for IJ on Vita are my own shortcomings of not being used to the timing, inputs for specials, combo system, the controls themselves, or any online lag/alternate timing issues. Jumping seemed fine, but I had trouble with MB breath for Supes after f2, 3 (only a prob online), and ground-based combos seemed easier (Bats is less familiar for me, but his combos seemed easier so far). I'm also trying to get used to having only 3 attack buttons. You'd think that would be easier than having 6, but as an SF3 player, I was used to 3 punches on top, and chain combos tended to be 3 button presses from light to heavy attack (except I played Dudley in SF3 a bit and I memorized his chains, which didn't always follow the rules).

Lol...I guess I mean ppl tend to talk more about Regime Supes' lvl 2 and RS Supes or even Doomsday before they mention how good RS WW is. Ppl like having her on their team, at least. Maybe it's cos of her lower damage output, despite how fast she builds meter (I REALLY wish my fave' characters built meter like she does, but at least MMH has random power drain :D).