What's new

CPT C vs Zoning

Noob
I am looking for a secondary character to deal better with the zoners I am coming across. Since I get no enjoyment out of the purely zoning characters, I am trying to find a character with better zoning speed and strength than Harlequin, but with some fun game play. I though maybe CC since he seems to shoot pretty quickly and has some nice lock down options like freeze. I really don't want to just jump straight over to Black Adam.

So if you guys can help I will be extremely grateful.

Which characters do you think CC is a good MU for. And which characters do you think he struggles with.

Thanks.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I think he's a good MU for Bane and Joker most definitely. I struggle against firestorms but the MU is winnable. The Quinn match up makes me pick Aquaman.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I am looking for a secondary character to deal better with the zoners I am coming across..
Captain cold needs to get in against zoners, the honest way. walk, duck, jump in reads and then playing footsies when you get in opponents jump in range/strings.

I struggle against real zoners. fate, deadshot, AM, harley. on trades, these can hit him on out of the startup of cold blast and then recover to block/duck. you can charge trait to get that chance to glacier freeze and slow them down, assuming you get it out right and capitalize. but that trades it with them building meter.

try Firestorm. he has better high low mixups, air mobility, decent projectile and can close out matches easier I think.

or wait for Red Hood before investing time on a 2ndary.

Noob
Red Hood looks good.

Like a Harley Robin hybrid. I am so stoked for him. Wow, I didn't think CC had such an issue with zoners. Firestorm is OK I suppose. I figured if I would go that far into the zoning game though I would just choose DR Fate. But at that point I may as well just not play.

I think he's a good MU for Bane and Joker most definitely. I struggle against firestorms but the MU is winnable. The Quinn match up makes me pick Aquaman.
You pick Aquaman against Harley. I feel Harley takes that free. Just wait for a trident rush to whiff and get 400 odd damage. Block a Trident rush and get 400 odd damage.

Harley isn't really a zoning character. She just has some guns to use in between her combos.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Red Hood looks good.

Like a Harley Robin hybrid. I am so stoked for him. Wow, I didn't think CC had such an issue with zoners. Firestorm is OK I suppose. I figured if I would go that far into the zoning game though I would just choose DR Fate. But at that point I may as well just not play.

You pick Aquaman against Harley. I feel Harley takes that free. Just wait for a trident rush to whiff and get 400 odd damage. Block a Trident rush and get 400 odd damage.

Harley isn't really a zoning character. She just has some guns to use in between her combos.
Probably cause I haven't gotten against a decent Harley that knows the match up. No respectable Aquaman is gonna throw out the rush and it can be made safe and be used to bait a pushblock.

Noob
Probably cause I haven't gotten against a decent Harley that knows the match up. No respectable Aquaman is gonna throw out the rush and it can be made safe and be used to bait a pushblock.
Good point. But a lot wake up with it. And I think its a terrible wake up. I was interested in using him for a while but then I saw how bad that trident rush is and it put me off. Harley has a very far reach. If her guns were a little faster, and the MB version was faster and did a hard knock down she would be top tear. She is really good in certain parts of the screen. But she gets in on zoners so slowly.

Noob
Does CC's gun shot beat out Fates projectile.

I have seen a few videos now of CC beating Fate. But all the Fates I have seen on Youtube mix up there projectiles, and send out the orb and use the over head ankh thing. All that flash creates gaps in there zoning game and lets people get in. None of the videos I have seen have been of a Fate spamming his straight projectile. And that is when he is at his most hassling. And that is what has gotten me salty. Spam, spam, spam. I get in and his Ankh pushes me out. Spam, spam, spam, Ankh, repeat. A Fate who gets flashy gets beat.

If the zoner has low / floor projectiles its gonna be a struggle. As to the speed of his projectile, level 1 isnt gonna do you much good. Lvl 2 and 3 is good.

Imho, you gotta use CC for what he is... a master strategist and thief. Plan on losing most of your first bar charging trait. Idk how many matches ive stolen [been severely behind in health and meter] by forcing them to either retreat to the corner or making mistakes trying to get in

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Does CC's gun shot beat out Fates projectile.

I have seen a few videos now of CC beating Fate. But all the Fates I have seen on Youtube mix up there projectiles, and send out the orb and use the over head ankh thing. All that flash creates gaps in there zoning game and lets people get in. None of the videos I have seen have been of a Fate spamming his straight projectile. And that is when he is at his most hassling. And that is what has gotten me salty. Spam, spam, spam. I get in and his Ankh pushes me out. Spam, spam, spam, Ankh, repeat. A Fate who gets flashy gets beat.
trades when CC has lvl 1 trait based on this vid

but this is "old" vid and pig's fate is probably different now. I'll lab it when I get the chance. fate could probably ankh in between CC's projectiles, get 3 than take his turn.

Noob
Can you stop charging at anytime. Or is it unsafe if you haven't gotten a hard knock down.

Noob
trades when CC has lvl 1 trait based on this vid

but this is "old" vid and pig's fate is probably different now. I'll lab it when I get the chance. fate could probably ankh in between CC's projectiles, get 3 than take his turn.
Thanks man. I will check that out when I get a chance.

Can you stop charging at anytime. Or is it unsafe if you haven't gotten a hard knock down.
You can tap 4, it recovers ok. Good for baits.

Wat i like to do is just block or duck projectiles and charge trait. Most folks dont realize what ur doing until its too late. Sure you risk losing the first hit bar, but getting trait up asap is more important, to me at least

Noob
You can tap 4, it recovers ok. Good for baits.

Wat i like to do is just block or duck projectiles and charge trait. Most folks dont realize what ur doing until its too late. Sure you risk losing the first hit bar, but getting trait up asap is more important, to me at least

I will put CC on the list then and as soon as I get my lab partner back I will test him out.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Bane can raging charge through 3 ice cubes at once even in lvl 3 debuff. Bane might actually slay CC

Hiyomoto

Noob
Bane can raging charge through 3 ice cubes at once even in lvl 3 debuff. Bane might actually slay CC
If you jump over, he's back at full screen again. I don't even really use ice blocks in that match up unless I'm missing something. MB db3 can be charged through and punished just for setting it up.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
If you jump over, he's back at full screen again. I don't even really use ice blocks in that match up unless I'm missing something. MB db3 can be charged through and punished just for setting it up.
Actually if bane starts raging charge from full screen and you jump it he ends rather close to you. He doesn't run under you to the other side of the screen like he would at midscreen. You would think before testing it out that CC would be like GM sub to Bane but it doesn't appear to be that way at all