What's new

hi all! help me out with some general questions about the game?

fireborg

Noob
hey fighters,

i have a couple of questions i ve been struggleing to find answer to. All help, advice is much appriciated, seriously!

I will add the as they pop in to my mind.

Q: what moves are unclashable in the game? specials and heavy?

(previous questions)
Q:

how many frames is recovery after hard / soft / delayed knockdown? and what is the best way to tell if the move will hard or soft knockdown? besides actually looking at every move in training mode, if there is one

Q:

when opponents are far away enough not to hit each other and they both start a string / combo (lets say both start a three hit combo), what decides who wins the trade? it is not about frame data right? (because both strings / combos are already in progress)

is it hitbox? active frames? how does it work?

i am struggling with my mid range game beacause of this, i know i need a qucik mid, but m still unsure when i will get punished for using something, that is perhaps not as qucik etc.

Thanks!

Much love 2 the fighting games community!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If a move in its active frames' hitbox overlaps your characters hurtbox, you will get hit. If you and your opponent's moves do so at the same time, you will both be hit and will eat the hit advantage of whatever move hit you. At that point, who "wins" the trade depends on how much damage the move does, it's hit advantage and the general situation.

There's frame data and then there's hitboxes, frame data can tell you the speed of moves and whatnot but you still need to be aware of the hit/hurtboxes(spacing/footsies/neutral/etc.) of moves so you can apply that frame data in real situations.

Last edited:

fireborg

Noob
thanks man, i know what is a hitbox, but do not know about hurtbox, is it weak spot that can get hit let's say with a low profiling move?

so in general it is a matter of active frames a well, right? the better they are, the better my chances of winnig the trade?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
So if you are talking about 2 different characters doing 2 different strings in the scenario you discribe there can be many factors to who hits first. Them being frame data( whuch string has the quicker start up) range of the string and first hit.
There are some other things but look at these 2 things first

fireborg

Noob
If a move in it's active frames hitbox overlaps your characters hurtbox, you will get hit. If you and your opponent's moves do so at the same time, you will both be hit and will eat the hit advantage of whatever move hit you. At that point, who "wins" the trade depends on how much damage the move does, it's hit advantage and the general situation.

There's frame data and then there's hitboxes, frame data can tell you the speed of moves and whatnot but you still need to be aware of the hit/hurtboxes(spacing/footsies/neutral/etc.) of moves so you can apply that frame data in real situations.
thanks man, i know what is a hitbox, but do not know about hurtbox, is it weak spot that can get hit let's say with a low profiling move?

so in general it is a matter of active frames a well, right? the better they are, the better my chances of winnig the trade?

fireborg

Noob
So if you are talking about 2 different characters doing 2 different strings in the scenario you discribe there can be many factors to who hits first. Them being frame data( whuch string has the quicker start up) range of the string and first hit.
There are some other things but look at these 2 things first
thanks man, so in general you are looking forfirst hit with a good range and hitbox in a good forward moving mid screen move?

fireborg

Noob
perfect man! will defo watch this later
hey man, would you by any chance know the answer to this?

how many frames is recovery after hard / soft / delayed knockdown? and what is the best way to tell if the move will hard or soft knockdown? besides actually looking at every move in training mode, if there is one

cheers

fireborg

Noob
hey man, would you by any chance know the answer to this?

cheers
btw the vid was helpful, wish there was a mode like (showing hit/hurt boxes) that in mk and i2, that would b dope