What's new

Countering the Tele Cancel; Aerial Cancel lack of options to counter

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
@Eddy Wang
Ok Brady made a video of how to properly punish Scorpions Meterless/Amped Hell Port on block here:

What I'm seeing in that video is that Brady has scorpions meterburn instantly amped just on block. When done this way it is punishable for both but my question is:
Doesn't this change when the amp version is delayed after block to where both can't be punished at same timing?

This is what I have found to be the case bit I would appreciate it if you could check the frames and confirm it or prove me wrong.

Its not even taking into account that he has TP Cancel in reborn and that adds a different aspect but my question is only to searing rage teleports.

To be clear I'm not asking for nerfs

Thanks in advance Eddy.

I hate being able to delay amp it anyways. Wish I could just hit amp with the teleport input because that's a lot more natural after a hit-confirmed string than queuing up the hellport then waiting until it actually comes out and hitting the amp.

But yeah being able to delay it a bit can fuck with your punish timing.
Hope they just remove the amp on block and be done with the move.

Doesn't take anything away from Scorp's strength and makes people bitch about other aspects of the move.
Every fucking game people complain about 90% Scorpion's online because guess what he's the edgy mascot of the series and hella cool, but now it's a huge problem because he's not a trashcan character for a change.

LawAbidingCitizen

I hate being able to delay amp it anyways. Wish I could just hit amp with the teleport input because that's a lot more natural after a hit-confirmed string than queuing up the hellport then waiting until it actually comes out and hitting the amp.

But yeah being able to delay it a bit can fuck with your punish timing.
Hope they just remove the amp on block and be done with the move.

Doesn't take anything away from Scorp's strength and makes people bitch about other aspects of the move.
Every fucking game people complain about 90% Scorpion's online because guess what he's the edgy mascot of the series and hella cool, but now it's a huge problem because he's not a trashcan character for a change.
Other than the difficulty punishing his TP with its strength of controlling the pace of neutral I think Scorpion is very honest. I think many are just annoyed of playing differently vs Scorpion than how thier character is mentally to be played. For example I'm a Shang Tsung main and he focuses on Footsie range to zoning. Shang has so much startup and recovery on his projectiles that Scorpions can TO on reaction into a free 30% removing shangs zoning and footsie(since scorpion has more range) and the fact Reborn can TP cancel to full screen and keep out of footsie range and TP behind him keeps him out of Shanks F2 range and everything Shang has to reach him is reactable on Wiff and scorpion has better walk and dash speed.
It makes it very difficult and I'm completely out of my comfort zone. But I've used Scorpion and I know he us honest. Its just very annoying and some characters do get fucked over by good scorpions.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang
Ok Brady made a video of how to properly punish Scorpions Meterless/Amped Hell Port on block here:

What I'm seeing in that video is that Brady has scorpions meterburn instantly amped just on block. When done this way it is punishable for both but my question is:
Doesn't this change when the amp version is delayed after block to where both can't be punished at same timing?

This is what I have found to be the case bit I would appreciate it if you could check the frames and confirm it or prove me wrong.

Its not even taking into account that he has TP Cancel in reborn and that adds a different aspect but my question is only to searing rage teleports.

To be clear I'm not asking for nerfs

Thanks in advance Eddy.
My issue with the teleport is how Reborn mixups attempts with the cancel are strong, i never said anything related to regular TP or amp TP being too strong when used independent.

In General Scorpion teleport IMO is fine, but the cancel version should have a little bit more recovery, so he doesn't make mix ups atempts for free, in sum, make his tele cancel the same as in MKX and he is good to go.

But ppl might disagree because hits mid and it teleports fast, but if there is no Cancel in Searing Rage there isn't really nothing to fear as long as you both version are punishable.

Other than the difficulty punishing his TP with its strength of controlling the pace of neutral I think Scorpion is very honest. I think many are just annoyed of playing differently vs Scorpion than how thier character is mentally to be played. For example I'm a Shang Tsung main and he focuses on Footsie range to zoning. Shang has so much startup and recovery on his projectiles that Scorpions can TO on reaction into a free 30% removing shangs zoning and footsie(since scorpion has more range) and the fact Reborn can TP cancel to full screen and keep out of footsie range and TP behind him keeps him out of Shanks F2 range and everything Shang has to reach him is reactable on Wiff and scorpion has better walk and dash speed.
It makes it very difficult and I'm completely out of my comfort zone. But I've used Scorpion and I know he us honest. Its just very annoying and some characters do get fucked over by good scorpions.
Scorpion honest? We could make a list of drug dealers, serial killers and corrupt cops that are more honest than this braindead character

LawAbidingCitizen

Scorpion honest? We could make a list of drug dealers, serial killers and corrupt cops that are more honest than this braindead character
So you understand I hate the matchup, I'm not a Scorpion main but I just hate having to fuck neutral against him. But the rest if scorpion is definitely high their but for the mist part punishable..
I feel the TP has different timing when delayed but maybe its just me but yeah the TP cancel should probably cost 2bars other than that I think its fine. If Brady is right and I'm just misstiming the punish for both meterless/amped TP then leave it be but if it is different when delayed I say remove meter on block.

I don't want the character ruined though even though he is a hard counter to my character.