What's new

Countering ALL wakeup options w/ Fanfare

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
This is not a tech. More likely guessing which could be done by every character in many ways.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
yeah , its just doing poke on their wake up
Rolls, u2 and u3 aren't the only wakeups. What about wakeup buttons? Long ranged mids or b4s can destroy this so called tech at the same distance, for example Spawn's B1 and B4. also i didn't mentioned other options like wakeup neutral, forward or backward jumps.. traditionally Nrs doesn't give you techs, they gives you options that only working on right guessing. All wakeup options has a solution but first of all you have to guess it right. Even there is no throw tech in mk11 cos you have to guess the right way first. Guessing is not a tech, it is a feeling.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Rolls, u2 and u3 aren't the only wakeups. What about wakeup buttons? Long ranged mids or b4s can destroy this so called tech at the same distance, for example Spawn's B1 and B4. also i didn't mentioned other options like wakeup neutral, forward or backward jumps.. traditionally Nrs doesn't give you techs, they gives you options that only working on right guessing. All wakeup options has a solution but first of all you have to guess it right. Even there is no throw tech in mk11 cos you have to guess the right way first. Guessing is not a tech, it is a feeling.
You clearly missed the point where if nothing happens after d3 on wakeup, you meaty them with a b14 so wakeup buttons do not work here. If they jump, you convert into lift. If they block, you confirm into b131 to reset neutral. This is basic Kitana stuff. Lastly, because the string advances forward, you will chase down wakeup backdash and can hit confirm into b142 KB as well. In the corner, backdashing isn't even an option. If the wakeup can't be low profiled with d3, you can block the wakeup attack immediately after d3 and flawless block punish.

This tech is very powerful if you master it.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

yeah , its just doing poke on their wake up
Correction, it's using the distance given to you by Kitana's main combo ender to react to your opponent waking up on knockdown. Her d3 is to low profile far reaching attacks such as Jade's U3 and help with the timing of the meaty b14 if nothing happens.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This thread will be updated with more information and tags later today but for now, here's a video on the tech.

I noticed you're doing one step back after landing prior to doing the D3. Is this required across matchups to avoid certain far-reaching U3s, or is that just a habit of yours?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Y'all dumb if you think using a low profiling move at a certain distance and as a means of timing to create an advantageous situation for yourself is not tech because it requires reactions.

I don't know Kitana well, so I have a couple questions. Is the hit advantage on amp square wave the same during a combo as raw? Can I assume this doesn't work on all u3's? Jade's is prone to low profiling, but others not so much. For example, would this work on Jax, whose u3 is both long range and as low as possible.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
You clearly missed the point where if nothing happens after d3 on wakeup, you meaty them with a b14 so wakeup buttons do not work here. If they jump, you convert into lift. If they block, you confirm into b131 to reset neutral. This is basic Kitana stuff. Lastly, because the string advances forward, you will chase down wakeup backdash and can hit confirm into b142 KB as well. In the corner, backdashing isn't even an option. If the wakeup can't be low profiled with d3, you can block the wakeup attack immediately after d3 and flawless block punish.

Okey, keep mastering on d3 it requires a lot of skills.

DarksydeDash

I noticed you're doing one step back after landing prior to doing the D3. Is this required across matchups to avoid certain far-reaching U3s, or is that just a habit of yours?
Taking a step back prevents the opponent from rolling through you.

DarksydeDash

Y'all dumb if you think using a low profiling move at a certain distance and as a means of timing to create an advantageous situation for yourself is not tech because it requires reactions.

I don't know Kitana well, so I have a couple questions. Is the hit advantage on amp square wave the same during a combo as raw? Can I assume this doesn't work on all u3's? Jade's is prone to low profiling, but others not so much. For example, would this work on Jax, whose u3 is both long range and as low as possible.
Yes, it is the same hit advantage and spacing regardless of combo. In Jax's case you can do a d3, and then short hop to make his wakeup whiff (same with Raiden and Sonya too) but then you basically can't punish forward rolls. Honestly this is one of those wakeups where blocking after the d3 is your safest option, but I'll update the thread with more info soon.

Last edited:

I'm gonna have to add this. Very solid stuff. Though you said you confirm into fan lift if they jump. Sometimes when they jump forward you'll clip them and fan lift wont connect outside of the corner and you'll have to confirm into fan toss instead. Is it like that here?