What's new

Counter for Kung Lao/Nightwolf

does anyone know a good way to counter vs kung lao's teleport combo? and vs. nightwolf's constant rushing? i usually use kabal, robot smoke, reptile, cyrax, and stryker.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Vs Kung's teleport, uppercuts work wonders, just try to scout them as best you can. Any hesitation will result in being comboed.

As for Nightwolf, he's a pain in the ass to play against in any kind of lag. I've noticed that just about anyone I play in a 4Player game will eventually resort to using him vs me just to get me out of a cycle. I use Sub-zero against him because the iceclone completely stops his rush down and Sub's a decent lag character.

ded

Elder God
just some chars that can give night a trouble:

jade, kano, usub, sheeva (!), rsmoke

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
another good thing to do vs kung lao tlpt abuse is

kabal -spin
sonya- bike kick
subzero-freeze
arpoon users -guess what?
and so on

of course some specials are harder to get in the heat of combat, but some people really ABUSE the tlpt, so it's easy to counterattack. anyways, I always pick kabal vs a kung lao. just wait for tlpts(spin), dive kicks(block and aa combo), and kung lao can be relaunched.

I just constantly buffer crossup spins with Kabal against Kung Lao. Against Nightwolf, again Kabal can be handy. I like to rush nightwolf like crazy with jabs and knee lifts to combos. Spin when they try to jump out of it. Nowadays it takes a fairly tough and smart NW to beat my kabal :D

The male ninjas and Sub zero are good against nightwolfs rushing. Sub zeros ice clone is your best weapon. The male ninjas teleport punching is great to counter his rushing.

I really don't mind Nightwolf much more anymore, but good Kung Lao players usually get me with the teleport and spin. I can't even rush him or else I'll get popped from the spin as well. :oops: DAMN YOU KONQRR!! :lol:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Scheisse said:
I've been hearing about Konqrr's lao in a couple posts. I want to play it against my H.Smoke sometime.

I generally use Kitana against Lao because she is fast enough to put up with his bullshit and he cant launch off of warps.
I use the spin way too much lol...and I have a real hard time against Ermac/H.Smoke in any kind of lag/delay, they lock me down too much. So you'd own me...unless I get a spin on you, MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Konqrr said:
I use the spin way too much lol...and I have a real hard time against Ermac/H.Smoke in any kind of lag/delay, they lock me down too much. So you'd own me...unless I get a spin on you, MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Like me with that Cross Screen Once :roll: