What's new

Could Aquaman be hotfixed?

i mean, just less chip (like 5% total) and meterbuild on Trident rush and hed be fine, wouldnt he?

(sidenote: also an Overall damage nerf/scaling increase for MMH)

also @colt

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
No one other then NRS know the exact parameters of what they can and can not change with a hotfix.
If I had to guess, I would say something like altering chip damage would be in the realm of possibilities.

Would they actually bother to do it? I don't know, on one hand, MKX is probably a much higher priority, but on the other hand, even Boon himself is crying about Aquaman on twitter.

Either way, it would be a real dick move to do it a week or two before EVO.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
He could, but didn't Sonic Fox beat Saltface? Like, really badly? It did look that Saltface overused trident rush, but he used the character awfully in general.
EDIT: If something, Batgirl should get damage scaling. A vortex char shouldn't deal that much damage.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
the meter build on trident is dumb but its not even close to being a big deal lol aquaman is fair, why would they hotfix when a certain green man is floating around untouched

Backfire

Noob
He could, but didn't Sonic Fox beat Saltface? Like, really badly? It did look that Saltface overused trident rush, but he used the character awfully in general.
EDIT: If something, Batgirl should get damage scaling. A vortex char shouldn't deal that much damage.
You're thinking about deg not saltface. Deg 3-0d sonic fox then sonic fox 3-0d deg.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If a hotfix is to be implemented, I want to make a suggestion that would encourage balanced gameplay. Some characters (i.e., Zod) are at a tremendous disadvantage at the beginning of the fight because others have overpowered footsies (i.e., Aquaman, Martian Manhunter). I propose that NRS implement an option that increases the distances between two characters at the beginning of the fight to full screen. This option would help certain characters who have bottom three footsies in the game (i.e., Zod) to overcome their difficult match ups.

Less cool down on Zod's trait (i.e., 8 seconds) would also help.

Thanks.

P.S. I like zoning

Crathen

Death is my business
Probably not gonna happen.Deal w it.

Even then i'd rather nerf FTD than Trident Rush for balancing purposes w more - frames on block and a little more startup frames so he doesn't counterzone 80% of the cast.

Maybe a couple more seconds on trait recovery but that could be overkill.

You'd also have to think about MMH , Batgirl , Zod , Bane & more if you're talking in the prospective of characters w loopsided matchups.

So yeah , let it rock brah.

Or stop bitchin and learn a character that goes even w Aqua.