What's new

Could all these leaks be intentional?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
From before release, MK11 has been "plagued" by leak after leak after leak. Here's the ones I remember off the top of my head:

Basically, the entire roster was leaked prior to release, complete with in-game photos of certain characters (Noob, Kotal etc.)

Noob was "accidentally" flashed on screen during whatever event that was where they revealed him prior to him actually being shown, hence ruining the surprise moment.

DLC was datamined from the Switch version to reveal Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Fujin, Terminator, Spawn , Ash and Joker. As of this week, we know all but Sheeva and Fujin are confirmed (let's be honest, they'll be in Kombat Pack 2 with Ash).

All upcoming skins have been datamined for upcoming Kombat League seasons.

Ash was accidentally featured on the IN-GAME POP-UP MESSAGE advertising the Kombat Pack. How does this kind of thing get past QC?

Anyway, my point being, are they really this inept at keeping things in line over at NRS/WB? How are all these leaks possible? Every time something is coming, it's leaked. EVERY TIME. Could it be on purpose to drum up exposure? I feel like more people talk about leaks than the actual releases. Anyone who wasn't aware Ash was coming knows now, for sure. I personally hate the fact that there have been NO SURPRISES for this game, other than at the actual Reveal back in January, and that was super exciting.

If NRS is really dropping the ball this hard, that's pretty embarrassing. I'd love to be shocked by ONE reveal in the life of this game. I remember how excited I was when I saw Tremor, Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke and Predator revealed for MKX. We aren't getting any of those types of moments with this game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nope .... it's just a mix of incompetence, disorganization, with a pinch of revenge from those crunched employers squeezed to death to deliver the game , hehe .... so, you cook up all this together and have all this fucking crap shit taking place.

it's unbeliavable how a multi billionary entertainmet company, with years of experience in marketing strategy, could allow such stupid nonsense failures to occur, hehe

all games released, the same bullshit ....

"the more things change, the more they stay the same" - Plissken

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Some things may be intentional, but I don't know, the last one was wack tho, like how can you forget to change the names on the announcement? Either the 'crunch time' controversy is really cutting into their work hours and they don't have time (but like come on), or someone has it out for NRS.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I would have considered it until I saw a 15 hour countdown for a 1 minute teaser that was probably locked and loaded ready to go. It has sounded like amateur hour over there at the marketing division since launch so I don’t think they are playing 4D chess with intentional leaks. I just think some the netherdevs are fed up with their marketing team too lol.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I think some of it, not all, is intentional. I think there's some deliberate misdirection here, and I would definitely count on Ash being released later because he had to fend everyone off the first go-around. Don't be surprised if there are some crazy additions later in the game, that's what they're really hiding.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I think its due more to incompetence rather than any real intent. It wouldn't be the first time companies hired people who aren't exactly perfect for the role.

That said, I also don't think they mind the leaks, they do a pretty good job ignoring the leaks, then when the reveals come along I think more people are privy to watch them due to wanting to re-inforce/prove the information leak was correct.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think some of it, not all, is intentional. I think there's some deliberate misdirection here, and I would definitely count on Ash being released later because he had to fend everyone off the first go-around. Don't be surprised if there are some crazy additions later in the game, that's what they're really hiding.
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy, I would bet my PS4 on it.