What's new

Could a variation switch system work?

Slymind

Noob
MK11 references a lot of elements from past MK games, back then we had stance switch, what if we could pick two variations every match and have the ability to switch them mid-match?

Not all the time, if you switch once you would have to wait some time before being able to switch again.

Slymind

Noob
during the in-between round
I think it would be interesting if we could switch anytime(with some cooldown as i mentioned), because it could lead to some new setups, like switching variations mid combos for new combo paths, or setting two totems with Kotal on buluc, switch to totemic and setting the blood totem for 3 stacks on every totem.

Mr.Khen

I am you
I wish they would add a mode like that, MK DECEPTION STYLE, yes, it would be broken for some characters but it will add a learning curve, so much combo potential and fun to the game!!!

Slymind

Noob
The characters in this game are too bland for variation switch midmatch, might as well kill off variation and give as full fleshed out chars
I don't quite get what you mean by this.

Also, it would be impossible to a character to retain every single ability at once.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'd rather just have the esports rules say you can variation switch between rounds even if you win.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think they're literally referring to ROUNDS. Like between round 1 and 2 of a single match.
no it is even stupider... they are talking about linking the variations to stances. So you can switch stance mid round to switch variation. As in every time you press the stance button you swap.