What's new

Costumes are still free unlockables, right?

Lun

proud TERF!
I just wanted to be sure, because I found no concrete confirmation of that.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm sure there'll be skin packs you have to pay for just like with MKX.

There's gonna be a handful of skins for each character in the game as well as a bunch of gear. Then they'll probably release some themed skins like they did for MKX in packs.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Didn't they mention skins were also going to be unlockable via gameplay? Or were they talking about customization gear?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Didn't they mention skins were also going to be unlockable via gameplay? Or were they talking about customization gear?
Yeah, there are gonna be skins unlockable via unlockable via gameplay as well as gear. (We saw Noob Saibot had like 6 skins and 30 pieces of gear)

But there's probably gonna be skins and stuff you can buy (Like the skins and gear sets that you get in the Kombat Pack)

There's also that Russian Skarlet skin and the Brazilian Kano skin that I think someone said might be part of other skin packs.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah, there are gonna be skins unlockable via unlockable via gameplay as well as gear. (We saw Noob Saibot had like 6 skins and 30 pieces of gear)

But there's probably gonna be skins and stuff you can buy (Like the skins and gear sets that you get in the Kombat Pack)

There's also that Russian Skarlet skin and the Brazilian Kano skin that I think someone said might be part of other skin packs.
That makes sense. I hope the DLC's are gonna come with skin packs, I don't want to pay more for skins when I already got the premium edition.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
That makes sense. I hope the DLC's are gonna come with skin packs, I don't want to pay more for skins when I already got the premium edition.
I don't think there's gonna be skin packs necessarily, the Premium/Kombat Pack comes with 7 skins and gear sets by itself and that number doesn't lend itself to a pack very well. I think there's gonna be a few separate purchase skins like the regional skins for Kano and Skarlet but it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I don't think there's gonna be skin packs necessarily, the Premium/Kombat Pack comes with 7 skins and gear sets by itself and that number doesn't lend itself to a pack very well. I think there's gonna be a few separate purchase skins like the regional skins for Kano and Skarlet but it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.
True, the premium does come with more skins I had forgotten about that. If they come up with separate costumes for my main I think I can dish out the 5$ for that, especially if it comes with more customization options.