What's new

Tech Corner Setups Take 2: Now with added BOOM!

Following on from my previous corner thread, I've had a fiddle around with some of the stages in the game that have interactables in the corner.

The concept is that by ending corner combos with 112 Silly Slide, positions gets reversed, and this gives Harley the option to take advantage of the unblockable interactable for a reset. All these combos actually loop, so for someone unfamiliar with them, you could take off a full health bar. I'm sure a lot of characters have similar setups, but this thread will just be Harley specific. They're also meterless, which means more MB Cupcake Bombs for everybody!

Interactable #1 - Crap you can blow up more than once.
Stages
Watchtower - Bridge - Right Side
Hall of Justice - Right Side
Stryker's Island - Yard - Left Side
Metropolis - Street - Left Side
Wayne Manor - Left Side
Wayne Manor Night - Left Side

There are 2 versions of the reset combo. One for a grounded opponent, and one for when your opponent is in the air.

Grounded Opponent

f3>f1,3>112>Silly Slide - 35%

Jumping Opponent - A lot more difficult to read and execute

TS,1>112>Silly Slide- 36%

No video cause I couldn't have the AI jump and record at the same time. Pro.

Interactable #2 - Crap that can only be blown up once.
I'm not going to list them all, but anything in the corner that can be blown up with TNT grants a similar combo to the ones listed above. Except for the Arkham cooker... It's properties are all kindza crazy and I don't know why.

For any object that the f3 combo doesn't connect with, simply replace it with this.

Silly Slide xx TS,1>112> whatever your heart desires - 29%+w/e

*Note* Setups 1 and 2 connect on anyone who tries to poke, block, perform a non advancing string, jump up, jump back, walk back, or do a wake up move. Back Dashing will usually get blown up by it, however, if you time it correctly, you can get the invulnerability frames. Chances are low though. It will also work against wakeup Super Moves (Except Superman's obviously >.>) I haven't tested everyone's, but it was wrecking a whole lot of them.

Interactable #3 - Cannons, Missiles, Water Pipes etc.
All of these can be meter burned after the ending your initial corner combo with Silly Slide. Fairly certain it's safe to do. Except for maybe Super Moves and the like.

Wakeups
What about Wakeups you say? I tested a range of wakeup attacks, and about 99% percent of them all do wakeup INTO the corner, so Harley has full invincibilty from the bomb plant. The AI can do them out of the corner quite consistantly, depending on when you plant the bomb, but I don't think any human could master it. It would be a total guessing game.

The wakeup inputs also seem like they have to be put in as if you were facing the corner, but very seldom will they reverse when the attack actually comes out. Faster wakeups like Lex's Corp Charge can catch Harley, but she just has to do the combo and plant the bomb in a very limited frame window.

Using the Interactable
Sometimes, the Silly Slide before you use the interactable will not register what side you're on correctly, so you may need to reverse the inputs to land close to your opponent after the bomb plant. It can be a real pain at first, but eventually you'll get to grips of when you need to do so.

Risks
Thanks to my main man ImNewbieSauce, and the GGA crew for testing this. They helped me discover the downsides to these setups.

#1 Can simply be forward jumped or forward dashed out of. Sad times all around, however, still a valuable asset to Harley's corner game. Might make people think more about Wakeups or poking. Or say they do read that you're going for the interactable. Fake them out with a late Silly Slide as not to cross them up, and punish their forward dash with a 11>TS. Or do cross them up will Silly Slide, crouch to bait like you're planting, then TS,1 their backdash. All about dem reads.

#2 Wakeups may be ineffective, but if anyone has a special move that spans a lot of distance eg. Killer Frost's Slide, or Doomsday's Venom, they can simply wait for you to plant and then perform said moves away from the corner, dodging the bomb, while hitting you while you're in the air. More sad times.

If anyone has any thoughts, corrections, or concerns, just lemme know.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I thought I was going to be the one to first present the corner reversal tech...
Tis' incredibly useful after long combos- for in these situations, Harley appears to phase through the opponent, and end up on the other side.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Aye burgey wurgey. Good write up.

GGA 16 Bit and shogun tested with me the most. It is escapable, but always good to have another tool in your pocket (read: harleys trait for lulz). Anyways, good stuff, glad our tests show the accuracy, and yea, 112 silly slide mos def opens up the corner game.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I have some suggestions- Using either Upward Gunshot or Ex Cupcakes after landing seem to be highly likely to keep your opponent in the corner in which a large, painful explosion exists.
An option that I consistently use and succed with off of what I thought was my original corner reversal BnB, is just Tantrum stancing away from the corner-.
For if you do a longer, more difficult combo, the position switch is far less obvious, and Harley looks like she's just on top of the opponent..

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Hey. I'd just like to add to this and say that using your super in/near the corner will give you just enough time to SS for the reversal. Good to know if you're doing a combo that doesn't give enough air time after 112, plus it makes a connected bomb 80% dmg easy.

Edit. Video.

I assume the patch that came with Scorpion affected the effectiveness of wakeups against these setups. I haven't testing anything yet due to being a busy bee, but if anything for defos doesn't work as it did pre patch, just drop a post :)

booivi

Good Game :)
However I don't quite understand the air opponent version of this, I'd like to see a video of it. And sometimes I land far from my opponents that after the f3, my f13 wiffs.
EDIT: it's the timing that I can't figure out. sometimes the f1 hits sometimes it doesnt, other times the f1 hits but the 3 wiffs, or both wiff. Sometimes the explosion even launches the opponent towards the corner, making it impossible to hit f3. Is there a way to execute this consistently, anyone????

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Be careful when inputting f1,3 as holding both 1 and 3 at the same time is a button shortcut for grab. I mess up my corner combos sometimes because instead of hitting f1,3 Harley tries to make a grab. Wish there was an option to turn off button shortcuts.

You can check if this is what's happening by seeing if Harley is doing her whiffed grab animation. Dunno if this is your problem but it may help.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I actually just used this on my 105% combo video. It is guaranteed on left side street on Metropolis right? If the timings right? As seen right here.

KS_Shogun

Always Bet On Black
Every character can escape the bomb reset by simply dashing forward, the trick is to time when you plant the bomb so your opponent is facing you, so if they do dash it will make them back dash (also if they do a wake up it will cross them up, or have their wake up move come out in the corner). But long back dashes or a back dash canceled into a special move will still escape the reset. And with meter anyone can MB F3 or B3