What's new

Corner Restand Explanation and Applications

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This has been known for a while but due to vomit combos being nerfed so hard I feel like this should be it's own thread now. For those who aren't aware, Atro can end his corner combos in b23 vomit for a +13 restand. Below is a video showing the basic tech. In the video I show the free ambiguous crossup which just involves shooting a blood ball and doing an ambiguous j3.

Combo notation: F223 puddle 4 f3 b23 puddle b23 vomit

Now of course there is a lot to do being plus 11. You can go for a throw, go for a f13/f1 puddle 50/50, can go for frametraps with d1 or d2, etc. You can also try and do things that aren't guaranteed like b233 to catch the opponent.

Note: You do have to change up the combo depending on the characters hitboxes (mainly for females). For example, the optimal Catwoman combo I use is f223 puddle 4 f3 b23 vomit (this works on all the female hitboxes). It does less damage but you get the guaranteed restand. It is very difficult to loop on these characters though. You can also replace the end of the combo with b23 ball but it won't give you as much frame advantage (although I think this is more optimal still).

There's probably more to be found with this tech but that should get people started.

On small hitbox characters you're less plus than on larger hitbox because you can't hit them the the animation as the stand up into the vomit. I wish I knew what the exact frames are but on smaller hitbox characters I feel way less plus.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
On small hitbox characters you're less plus than on larger hitbox because you can't hit them the the animation as the stand up into the vomit. I wish I knew what the exact frames are but on smaller hitbox characters I feel way less plus.
You might be right. I wonder if it's better to just do the b23 ball restand on them then.