What's new

Question Corner game?

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I hear talk about how ww's corner game is ridiculous, why's that so? What are her options? What can she do? Someone spell it out for me. Haven't seen a thread dedicated to this yet, not many people play her, and I haven't so much as touched the character since the demo. I would hit the lab but I have work.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
After a Lasso Grab in the corner she gets a free Dive Punch which OTG's and have to respect. Not to mention here 50-50 game gets pretty ridiculous.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I haven't used her long enough to say what else she has, but B2 alone gets a full combo tight in the corner...

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Divepunch OTG doesn't lead to a real 50/50, but you must respect the follow-ups regardless. Anyway, after lasso grab in the corner you can do a ton of stuff such as:

Divepunch > b1 - On hit go into b113

Divepunch > b1 - On block you can frame trap with d1, or go into b2/33 if they're not hitting buttons

Divepunch > b2 - Confirm into 23, b113, b113 xx lasso grab to reset the situation

Forward jump divepunch to cross up - On hit you can EX it for a full combo that puts them back in the corner. On block you should be able to play the same guessing game as b1 on block and you can put them back in the corner of you land a b1 or 33. To my knowledge there's no way to side switch off of b2

Forward jump, late divepunch as they're waking up so you'll end up back in the front.

Dash forward, f3 can cross up depending on the timing, and if it does you can still put them back in the corner with the proper follow-up. If they block it, you're still at heavy advantage.

You can also end your combos in SS and pressure them with d1s and stuff like b1, or cross them up with j2 and do 22 ~ trait, EX tiara into the BnB. Both of these do about 50%.

I'm sure there's other stuff but that's the gist of it. Notice that almost all of it leads back to the same situation.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well... After a hard knockdown (lasso grab) Wonder Woman has a lot of possibilities...

* Dive punch that works as OTG, if your opponent blocks it you still are at +8
- After the dive punch you get a free B2~lasso grab... If this hits you can restart your corner game... If they block it you are still at +14, if they block it you can follow it by another B2~lasso grab, 33 or a jump in.
- B2~4~MB amalthea's bash, if this hits you get a 48% combo meterless... If they block it you are still at +9 and you can follow a blocked one by... Ji1 or ji2, another MB bash, MB F3, B23, B21 or B2~full combo
* instead of her OTG she can get close after the hard knockdown and use F3 (this will generate a crossover and gives full combo
* after the OTG she can also B113... Or you can B1 or B11 for some frame traps.
* you can slighty jump forward and use the dive punch... It will be OTG + crossup... Your opponent will be not at midscreen but it gives you free pressure, 33 or B2

Divepunch OTG doesn't lead to a real 50/50

Forward jump divepunch to cross up - On hit you can EX it for a full combo that puts them back in the corner. On block you should be able to play the same guessing game as b1 on block and you can put them back in the corner of you land a b1 or 33. To my knowledge there's no way to side switch off of b2
Can you elaborate on this? From crossup OTG Mb dive punch and ...... then?

How can I switch position ??

Right now I'm going for 33 or throw or d12 mb tiara Into bnb oooorrr mb corner interactables (to end the match/round).

Error

DF2+R2

Right now I'm going for 33 or throw or d12 mb tiara Into bnb oooorrr mb corner interactables (to end the match/round).
She moves herself out of the corner with the MB dive if done right

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.

Sorry, I made a mistake. What I meant to say was lasso grab > cross-up divepunch > instant j1 into divepunch. Meter burn it if it hits and they're back in the corner. It's probably a lot better than b2 since it's a faster and resets the corner situation.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sorry, I made a mistake. What I meant to say was lasso grab > cross-up divepunch > instant j1 into divepunch. Meter burn it if it hits and they're back in the corner. It's probably a lot better than b2 since it's a faster and resets the corner situation.
B2~lasso grab is +14 O: or B2~2~Shield bash is +9

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
AspyxiaDyslexia-

Lasso is still duckable though. It can also be punished depending on the situation. Pressuring with b2~4~MB shield is definitely an option, though after a cross-up divepunch I'd probably go for the instant overhead to start the corner game again. After a regular OTG divepunch it's a really good option, I agree.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
AspyxiaDyslexia-

Lasso is still duckable though. It can also be punished depending on the situation. Pressuring with b2~4~MB shield is definitely an option, though after a cross-up divepunch I'd probably go for the instant overhead to start the corner game again. After a regular OTG divepunch it's a really good option, I agree.
Yes! I usually do that against opponents with parry! <3

ok i have been trying this j1 into divepunch followup to the corner OTG crossup. i think i am doing it too early. doesnt cross over for me. :(

maybe i need to delay the divepunch cancel from j1? or delay the j1 altogether to hit higher? (but i risk whiffing it)

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
EmptyHanded

It should be as simple as doing neutral j1 xx db3. The only issue I can think of is that you might be trying it on a low hitbox character like Catwoman. I never tested it on the entire cast but I've never had it fail in a match.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
EmptyHanded

It should be as simple as doing neutral j1 xx db3. The only issue I can think of is that you might be trying it on a low hitbox character like Catwoman. I never tested it on the entire cast but I've never had it fail in a match.

i was trying vs GA. if j1 hits the divepunch will hit but without the cross over effect (it does not switch posision back to the corner.). if i go a little higher with j1 will whiff on crouching GA :(

i dont know what i am doing wrong. can you test it out and let me know if it works on GA ?

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
EmptyHanded

Apparently it doesn't work if they block the cross-up OTG, so maybe that's what your issue was. If it hits, they don't have enough frames to crouch though. I never thought to test that since people aren't blocking the gimmicks yet.

EmptyHanded

Apparently it doesn't work if they block the cross-up OTG, so maybe that's what your issue was. If it hits, they don't have enough frames to crouch though. I never thought to test that since people aren't blocking the gimmicks yet.
that explains it!!!.

finally got it to work on hit. sigh needs to practice practice practice this is some high execution stuff :(

yeah it seems on block it doesnt switch position. (hold crossup standing the whole time lol).

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
SODA n SOAP

The divepunch OTG prevents wakeup attacks as it immediately forces them to stand. You can wakeup attack if she goes for the f3 mix-up, but you have to guess which way to input it as the WW player can pick which side she'll be on.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Having trouble connecting anything off of the dive punch. Is it a just frame dive punch? Is there video anywhere?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It doesn't combo

it just stuffs the wakeup and allows you to pressure someone in the corner....... rather than them having an opportunity to get up off the ground and do something.

The only time it combo's is off a j3~dive punch.