What's new

corner combos?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I know @Decay is probably the only other Lobo player left, but was looking for what you guys have for corner combos.

I'm back... I think. lol. And I want to finish out my combo thread by adding corner combos and eventually stage combos.

So basically... Decay... whatchu got so far? :) Looking for just max damage corner combos for now. But feel free to add any corner setups you may or may not have.

I typically play around a lot with whatever starter into mb grab, dash under them, and then 21~hook charge them back into the corner.

Decay

King of the Bill
Hey bud. The corner game is where the decay special was conceived. So you know I like to fuck with people and reverse their inputs all day. Also, I figured out you can do 113 d2 b3 in the corner and then catch the dude with a jump 3 into command grab and they'll be back in the corner but the timing on the d2 and b3 is a one frame link. Also if I have nuke shell I finish a combo with low shot and make them quick stand into a b2 reset. Lobos corner damage isn't the best so sometimes i prefer gimmicks ;)

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Hey, I'm playing Lobo again :p
Supes gets boring but I'll still use him seriously.

In the corner off of Lowshot you can get D2 -> B2U1 really easily. So stuff like 21, Lowshot, D2, B2U1, 113, -> Ender is possible and you can get around 35% meterless easy. So things like 21, Lowshot; 2, Lowshot; B1, Lowshot; are all easy mixups you can do for no meter with trait.

Most of the BnB's with Meter don't change at all in the corner. If you ever B3 an opponent in the corner and your at that weird sweetspot where they will land in front of your feet, I do B2U1. I'm talking about that VERY specific distance from the corner where you cant do a Jumping attack -> Normal like you usually do with B3's, but also not close enough to the corner where they fly behind your head.

Czar Toss MB, B3, B2U1, 113 -> Ender
and 113, Czar Toss MB, B2, B2U1, -> Ender

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hey bud. The corner game is where the decay special was conceived. So you know I like to fuck with people and reverse their inputs all day. Also, I figured out you can do 113 d2 b3 in the corner and then catch the dude with a jump 3 into command grab and they'll be back in the corner but the timing on the d2 and b3 is a one frame link. Also if I have nuke shell I finish a combo with low shot and make them quick stand into a b2 reset. Lobos corner damage isn't the best so sometimes i prefer gimmicks ;)
Yeah I go to gimmick city in the corner. Thanks for the tips though I'll definitely play around with those.

What are your wakeup reversal tactics?

And do you end any combo with low shot or is it a specific combo?

Decay

King of the Bill
Yeah I go to gimmick city in the corner. Thanks for the tips though I'll definitely play around with those.

What are your wakeup reversal tactics?

And do you end any combo with low shot or is it a specific combo?
Awesome, no problem, try it out. The decay special is when you get the low gunshot with trait and instead of going for guaranteed watered down damage, you gimmick by rolling under and crossing them up with either the back 2 or b1 or straight into command grab. You can also delay the roll forward if they know the special so you're still on the outside of the corner.
Ending a combo with low trait shot off a juggle is a quick stand, and ending a combo with 12 is a quick stand and you can try to pressure again if they aren't ready to tech roll.
In one of my first tech videos I show a corner wake-up reversal that even if you time it incorrectly, they still have to block the hook charge backwards but in order to set it up, the initial knockdown can be tech rolled so it's not always worth it.
I hope I am explaining things well because I'm on my phone and its difficult lol :oops:

Yoaks

A spaceman
For me personally I go for what is the best combo in a certain situation. Like I would go for...

21 xx Low pump xx 113 xx Hook Charge/4 for meterless damage or if I need nuke shells. But with Oxygens previous post with adding a d2 after Low pump will help out with that damage. If I have meter I could go for a mb toss after 113. The combo would be like this...

21 xx Low Pump xx 113 xx mb toss xx b2u1 xx Spin Cycle.

So most of the time I go for the most optimal damage but still trying to keep them in the corner.

For unclashable I use the "Decay Special" after I open up my opponent with a Low Pump. Dash underneath and than go for a Czarnia toss into a b3 for the transition. Sometimes I'll go for a f3 after a mb toss to keep them in the corner.

gnarlygatoalex

GnarlygatoAlex, Shazam
All the combos i see om here are pretty much everything id have to offer! All i can say is that i usually end my corner combos in spin cycle, hook charge, and that down back 2 special move! After hook charge i like to get up close and go for the cross up party crasher. Or a b1 into anything . Looks like an otg but im not positive it is