What's new

Corner Combo for beginners

Viesor

Noob
Corners , u either hate em or love em. After spending some hours in the ghetto training mode i find myself pulling it of much more then failing it lately. I am talking about the basic JK,RH into LK or HK.

1. Get opponent closest to corner as possible , so that if u would pop up him up or send in air with a special , u wouldnt get pushbacked.( use background familiarities to recognize the sweet spot).

2. Now make the pop-up or whatever u use and after opponent is flying , move in few steps if neccesary ( if u werent as closest as possible , without getting pushback , anyway) and connect JK as high as possible.

3. To connect the RH it depends a little on the charachter's hitbox whom u are trying to hit in combination with your own characters collisionbox of his/hers RH , but usually u have to wait about 0.5 seconds (maybe less) and then hit back + HK , if u do it asap then it will whiff most likely , in general. But again depending on ur character. So either a bit less or maybe more then 0.5 sec. ( on rare occasion instant might do it )

4. Depending on ur positioning u need to run tap in , walk in or just hit it standing (also hitbox varieties come in to play here) and hit LK or HK. This means that after u connect the RH , u push and hold run and hit forward slightly before tapping the LK/HK button.( u can hold run as soon as u want , even before making the RH input/motions , i found this easier ).

5.?????

6.Profit

Feel free to correct and or add tips guys. Any feedback appreciated.

Viesor

Noob
To be honest i was wondering that myself , but after countless attempts it wont work without run cancel. and when i do use run cancel it just works somehow. But good point , i will do more testing later and try to find what exactly does make the RH connect.

On second thought if u can can cancel JK with lets say an Air Throw thats just because , the throw is a special move and u cannot run in air ofcourse. So what ur saying totaly makes senses , perhaps thers an additional factor im overseeing which come into play when i try to cancel with run. Like i do something on the side or bit different and that causes it to make the RH connect.

to perform RH after JK, it is sometimes recommended to run when u already landed, u can buffer run button while being in air, it is a good technique, but pressing the run button does not affect on JK at all, it does't cancel jk.
And it is absolutely necessary to run after RH, to succesfully perform the last LK/HK.

edit: i'd suggest u to not run after jk, u got to learn the positioning of your char, i'd even say it is better to walk forward after popup (before jk), so if u leave the groung at the right point, then u won't be needed to run after jk, which makes it much easier to RH-juggle

Viesor

Noob
Great stuff . Thanks alot for your quick reply(s) im certainly going to check this out aswell and try to get to the bottom of this. Good too see more people stil active on UMK.

Viesor

Noob
Feel free to post your experiences concerning this subject , u dont have to be tournament winner , im just an amateur trying to improve my game cuz i love it. And trying to establish the rules/pattern i have to obey in order to be able to consistently output the wanted result/max combo dmg.
if , as a side effect we can get more people into this game that would be neat.