What's new

Corner 50/50 setup

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
So if you get a good hard knockdown in the corner, you can set up your trait, your gonna want to go for the Exploding Kamikazi Demon, and then you basically do either b1~trait or d3 trait, you get a combo off either option and its totally safe :)

P.S. I'll post a vid when i get around to it.

<3 darkseid.

Last edited:

heres the vid for it,

best way to set it up is to end your combo's in f23~trait.

and yes its with gear, ignore the ludicrous damage.
Thank you, I've been trying to find ways to maximize my corner game with him. Any suggestions of punishing wakes up while you have your parademon setup in the corner?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Thank you, I've been trying to find ways to maximize my corner game with him. Any suggestions of punishing wakes up while you have your parademon setup in the corner?
well, 22~explosion should get the job done as far as a punisher is concerned. Though his 4 hitting string might work pretty good, i don't use it that much but its the rest of the 1,2 string.

also, while u have your Kamikaze parademon there, you can pull stuff like instant air teleport to fuck with wake up options, and do raw stomp, not sure if j3 will connect in that situation or not, need to test it, but if they were caught pressing buttons then you get a combo, if not and they manage to block you, detonating your parademon should leave you completely safe.

i need to test if this can also launch from db1, since its more deceptive than d3.

Last edited:

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
actually this thread is more about setups than combo's.
Yea, unfortunately it doesn't look like there is much damage at all with the scaling on explode demon. So I would rather use it's plus frames to guarantee a follow up mix that would do full damage cuz the demon wasn't actually in the combo.
Something like B1 Explode, Instant stomp or b1u3. Both are punishable but it is un-reactable.and both jail if the block the b1 and both will combo if they don't block the b1

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yea, unfortunately it doesn't look like there is much damage at all with the scaling on explode demon. So I would rather use it's plus frames to guarantee a follow up mix that would do full damage cuz the demon wasn't actually in the combo.
Something like B1 Explode, Instant stomp or b1u3. Both are punishable but it is un-reactable.and both jail if the block the b1 and both will combo if they don't block the b1
its a safe 50/50 so ill gladly take that damage tho. but yeah i see what your saying about getting another go at a 50/50

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If you go for charging minion you can get more damage and keep the 50/50

B1 xx BF3, F4, B1U3 MB, F3, J3 xx Stomp
D3, F4, B1U3 MB, F3, J3 xx Stomp

I can make a thread on it or just post some videos in here if you'd like.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If you go for charging minion you can get more damage and keep the 50/50

B1 xx BF3, F4, B1U3 MB, F3, J3 xx Stomp
D3, F4, B1U3 MB, F3, J3 xx Stomp

I can make a thread on it or just post some videos in here if you'd like.
i wanna see if we can get any combo's off of db1 in the corner with trait.

Generalbit

After the f4 charge minion on hit, can u hit and ia stomp? That way if they block the initial mixup u can still jail into another 50/50

Generalbit

I like the charge demon on block but on hit I don't.
Idk if my timing is off but after b1 f4 (charge) b1u3 doesn't connect.
If they don't block the initial overhead i mean.

However it does have enough hitstun to guarantee another 50/50 so that's nice. It seems w charging minion u have to send them airborne to combo

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I like the charge demon on block but on hit I don't.
Idk if my timing is off but after b1 f4 (charge) b1u3 doesn't connect.
If they don't block the initial overhead i mean.

However it does have enough hitstun to guarantee another 50/50 so that's nice. It seems w charging minion u have to send them airborne to combo
ur supposed to do b1 knee.

Generalbit

Oh i gotcha, shoulda read more carefully earlier. Should they block this, does it jail into a follow up mix or have enough advantage to beat out reversals?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
tbh, i still prefer doing the explosive demon, because the problem with the running one is that depending on when you hit them with the low when their getting up, they won't juggle very high, making it much more difficult to get a combo. tho if your going for the overhead, the running demon is definitely superior, thing is if people catch on they'll know which mix your going for.