What's new

Controller for PC

@GLoRToR That's what I thought to; finding it crazy odd that a Ram and video card upgrade would cause this, but it is the only change.

I actually format my system twice a year; I do a clean install with each major Windows 10 update. So, I'll actually be formatting once the April 2019 Update releases.

I'm actually thinking of ordering this, the Xbox One version of the Hori Pad @Cobainevermind87 recommended. I can try both and return the one I like least, or perhaps keep both; using the Hori pad for fighting games, and the Xbox One pad for everything else.

It mentions it functions on PC via Xinput. Are those drivers Windows 10 would autoinstall for the device? I've actually never heard of Xinput before.

Also, anyone know what the DP/LB switch does/means?

Nuts to it, I just ordered the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One. I'll see which pad I like better.

I also figured out the DP/LS switch means D-Pad or Left Stick.

Yeah sorry, I was out on lunch. You are correct! Awesome though, I don't think you'll be disappointed ;)
No worries man, I'm on lunch now myself!

The Fighting Commander should arrive in a week since I used free shipping, though it'll likely arrive before. Once I get it and toy around with it, I'll update this post and let you all know what I think and which Controller I'll be keeping.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There’s a free program you can download that allows you to map controller inputs on windows, essentially allowing you to use any controller, supported or not. I can’t remember the name right now but I’ll look into it when I have a chance.

Otherwise, I highly recommend the PS360+ Hitbox. It works on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, so it’s just really convenient. It’s got a bit of a learning curve, but now I could never go back.

Edit: The program I’m thinking of is similar to this: https://joytokey.net/en/.

Hey all,

My Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One arrived yesterday, and I played several test matches to get a feel for it. Thus far, the D-Pad is on par with, if not better than, my former Hori Gem Pad EX for Xbox 360, and that's exactly what I was looking for!

The Controller itself is interesting to hold, as it really does almost feel like I'm holding a Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller. Personally though, I found the six button layout aweful for Mortal Kombat XL. I kept pressing "B" instead of "A," for example, so I ultimately reassigned the entire Controller. Not in-game, mind you, but the pad let's you reprogram which button is what, and that's working well.

I'm going to be testing more over the next few days, but I'm expecting I'll be returning the Xbox One Controller for Windows I ordered previously.

My only real grievance with the product isn't with the product itself, but with Amazon. They shipped it in a bubble envelope, so the controller's box arrived dented and damaged in sections. One of the circular sticky seals looks like it had been tampered with as well, but as far as I can tell the box was never actually opened.

The Xbox One light on the Controller though, is either scuffed or cracked, I can't tell which. Assuming I do decide to keep the pad as I expect, I'm likely going to see if Amazon can do a replacement.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Hey all,

My Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One arrived yesterday, and I played several test matches to get a feel for it. Thus far, the D-Pad is on par with, if not better than, my former Hori Gem Pad EX for Xbox 360, and that's exactly what I was looking for!

The Controller itself is interesting to hold, as it really does almost feel like I'm holding a Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller. Personally though, I found the six button layout aweful for Mortal Kombat XL. I kept pressing "B" instead of "A," for example, so I ultimately reassigned the entire Controller. Not in-game, mind you, but the pad let's you reprogram which button is what, and that's working well.

I'm going to be testing more over the next few days, but I'm expecting I'll be returning the Xbox One Controller for Windows I ordered previously.

My only real grievance with the product isn't with the product itself, but with Amazon. They shipped it in a bubble envelope, so the controller's box arrived dented and damaged in sections. One of the circular sticky seals looks like it had been tampered with as well, but as far as I can tell the box was never actually opened.

The Xbox One light on the Controller though, is either scuffed or cracked, I can't tell which. Assuming I do decide to keep the pad as I expect, I'm likely going to see if Amazon can do a replacement.
Glad you're liking it so far dude!

I also forgot to mention that regardless of whether I set it to Xbox One or Xbox360/PC mode, my PC detects it and it works just fine. Not sure if that's because I plugged in an Xbox One Controller prior or not, but it's certainly not a bad thing.

Tested some more last night, and it's great. Still feels weird to hold and takes me a bit of adjusting at the start of a session, but I know that'll pass in time.