What's new

Controller /D-pad

Hey folks!

I have a question about controllers. I play MK on PS4 and every few seconds i have to 'unsweat' my thumb that controlls the d-pad. I dont sweat that much but i cannot type the commands right. So my question is, do you use anything on your controller that your thumb dont slid off the dpad?

Greetz

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I find that I have the opposite issue. I have very sweaty hands, but after a couple games my thumb sticks to the d pad like glue. It got to the point where I have to put a very thin coating of crazy glue on my thumb to stop the sweat from coming through.

I see ppl out there shirts over there pad and play but you try maybe those aftermarket grips perhaps they have something tailored to sweaty hands but I use xb1 pad and converter

I find that I have the opposite issue. I have very sweaty hands, but after a couple games my thumb sticks to the d pad like glue. It got to the point where I have to put a very thin coating of crazy glue on my thumb to stop the sweat from coming through.
In the same boat, my thumbs get sticky, and after a while it is hard to even do bf4, instead f4 come out, what I do is put the controller down for a few minutes and all is fine, do you have any remidies that work besides acc glue

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
In the same boat, my thumbs get sticky, and after a while it is hard to even do bf4, instead f4 come out, what I do is put the controller down for a few minutes and all is fine, do you have any remidies that work besides acc glue
I wish man. I really do. I only do it if I know I'm gonna play for a while. Because after a while using the d pad the thin layer wears out and can easily be washed off.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I wonder if I should use my Hori FC or my standard PS4 controller for Injustice 2. I need a 6 button for Street Fighter but considering there's only 4 face buttons in Injustice and I think I prefer the PS4 pad's larger dpad maybe I should switch back...

Sorry, that was kinda off-topic but dpads always seem to be my biggest issue with otherwise good fightpads. They're always too damn small. I slip off the Hori FC's too.

KrAdWeLL

Noob
I use a ps3 pad + brook converter which feels quite smaller which I prefer. I did buy those dual shock 4 grip pads but it made it feel even clunkier. Now if I try to play with a ds4 it feels so goofy. Sony did a shit job with the design if you ask me. Get an adapter, and for long sessions I typically grab a norwax cloth and keep it damp. To each their own

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Usually, before the match I tend to go wash my hands with shampoo. Helps with the dryness of the hands. Try this out and see if it helps you, too. I play with PS4 D-pad.

Usually, before the match I tend to go wash my hands with shampoo. Helps with the dryness of the hands. Try this out and see if it helps you, too. I play with PS4 D-pad.
Hi tanno, also the this method, rinse you hands with isopropyl alcohol and rub it in like soap

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Another question on the brooks. It's says wired controller, that just means I get a wireless xbox controller and use the charger cable to plug it up aye?