What's new

Connecting Command Grab from 1,2,3 String

Im positive I watched Whiteboi combo a command grab from the 1,2,3 string during CEO, yet when I try this it whiffs. Any advice? This seems so pivotal to connect this cmd grab.

edit
Watch 7:10 to 7:20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Are you talking about just doing straight up 1,2,3 command grab or you mean as a combo ender? I know 1,2,3 command grab doesn't land on grodd but other then him I'm pretty sure it connects on everyone else

edit
Watch 7:10 to 7:20
after his scythe grab mb he uses 123xxcmd grab

I meant raw and as a combo ender, for instance im pretty sure i saw him punish aquaman with 1,2,3 cmd grab in that vid above numerous times... I cant seem to get it after a b3 wall bounce either, so I use either f21 or 1,1 into cmd grab

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Unless in the corner, you should never do 1,2,3/Command GRab unless you're in the corner. They are simply pushed too far back for it to land.

I see, just makes me wonder how he did it at 7:10 - 7:20 in the above video

I was wondering this too! He did it against ForeverKing also. I originally thought it was a tick throw, but then watched it again and it's off a hit. I think the first hit was blocked in one example (as poster above said) but not sure if that was always the case.

Ok im getting to work just not consistently... especially not after a jump in 3... better to go with scythe grab, maybe thats why he was using stick, might be easier than pad for the cmd grab

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It seems spacing dependent in combos, closer seems better. Like you can do a JI3 and it might whiff but if you crossup properly and they juggle right next to you it will land.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Whiteboi end the string into fear blast on hit or the one you can MB a couple times, perhaps you just need to learn the situations in which it will hit if you want the grab ender.

I was wondering this too! He did it against ForeverKing also. I originally thought it was a tick throw, but then watched it again and it's off a hit. I think the first hit was blocked in one example (as poster above said) but not sure if that was always the case.
This wasn't the string I thought it was, this is easy to connect anywhere on screen unless you're at max range.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Does inputting it quicker not cause the cancel of the previous attack to happen sooner?

Anyway, I captured a video of doing it not in a corner from a decent distance away.

In this game, every cancellable normal attack has a cancel frame. A cancel frame of 50 would mean if you input a special before the cancel window (50th frame of the attack), the special will start once the move got to the 50th frame, ignoring the rest of the attacks recovery after the cancel frame. If you try to input a special after the cancel frame already passed, nothing will happen. You can ONLY cancel an attack at the specific frame. This means input speed means absolutely nothing.

Valabrax

Noob
In this game, every cancellable normal attack has a cancel frame. A cancel frame of 50 would mean if you input a special before the cancel window (50th frame of the attack), the special will start once the move got to the 50th frame, ignoring the rest of the attacks recovery after the cancel frame. If you try to input a special after the cancel frame already passed, nothing will happen. You can ONLY cancel an attack at the specific frame. This means input speed means absolutely nothing.
I guess it would mean something if an attack had a very low cancel frame, but I honestly don't know if any of them do. It could just be that DBF3 is a little harder/longer to input so it just feels like I'm having to do it faster than normal to get it in.