What's new

Congratulations to RelaxedState for making top 8

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Thanks again guys! It was a super fun weekend. I wish I could have played better on sunday (usually I do much better in the AM MU) but I felt a bit off and Insaynne was playing very well and super solid all weekend. I will be grinding it out hard for the next tourney!

And hey...at least I got Cyborg his very first top 8 major win! (Moral victory).

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thanks again guys! It was a super fun weekend. I wish I could have played better on sunday (usually I do much better in the AM MU) but I felt a bit off and Insaynne was playing very well and super solid all weekend. I will be grinding it out hard for the next tourney!

And hey...at least I got Cyborg his very first top 8 major win! (Moral victory).
You pulling out Cyborg was most hype moment of top 8!

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!

You beat Aquaman in one game with Cyborg. You technically won Civil War... oh you didn't know?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve

Great matches man I had a lot of fun this weekend!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Great matches man I had a lot of fun this weekend!
Yeah dude, I was really impressed at how quickly you adapted to both Zod and Cyborg. I didn't really expect it which made me play more agressive/risky lol. Would love to get a runback someday.

Had you played any Zods beforehand?

Definitely a fun weekend. Mucho props!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Good show @Relaxedstate

I wanted more cyborg. He isn't a worse zod...he is a different character all together. In some cases he is better than zod.

If only you were on point with iafb.
Thanks man. I agree, he is very different from Zod in quite a lot of ways (most notably his groundfireball does way more chip) and grapple to escape the corner is OP (I wish Zod had this!) lol

But yeah, I didn't really practice with him at all over the weekend, so my ias felt kinda off. Had I not missed my very first iafb at the start of the round in game 4 I easily could have won the set. Cyborg wins by snowballing chip trades, however once he gets down on life it is so hard for him to come back and win since he can't afford to trade chip/damage (especially against aquaman).

I'll have cyborg ready for ECT. Still as an alternate, but never the less he will be ready.

Also, I have some new tech with the borg. I have started writing/putting together a 1.06 guide to Cyborg. He is too hype to let him die... Booyah

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Thanks man. I agree, he is very different from Zod in quite a lot of ways (most notably his groundfireball does way more chip) and grapple to escape the corner is OP (I wish Zod had this!) lol

But yeah, I didn't really practice with him at all over the weekend, so my ias felt kinda off. Had I not missed my very first iafb at the start of the round in game 4 I easily could have won the set. Cyborg wins by snowballing chip trades, however once he gets down on life it is so hard for him to come back and win since he can't afford to trade chip/damage (especially against aquaman).

I'll have cyborg ready for ECT. Still as an alternate, but never the less he will be ready.

Also, I have some new tech with the borg. I have started writing/putting together a 1.06 guide to Cyborg. He is too hype to let him die... Booyah
I know I know. That iafb at the start killed you.

Oh well. I'm glad you see it that way. I've been using him more and more without constant iafb and am doing well. Iafb are a plus but his ground fireball is still good.

Trolling with trait is the best though.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I know I know. That iafb at the start killed you.

Oh well. I'm glad you see it that way. I've been using him more and more without constant iafb and am doing well. Iafb are a plus but his ground fireball is still good.

Trolling with trait is the best though.
The best part about iafb are that they let you do ground-fireballs. You only need to be able to do them well enough that your opponent respects you enough. That way you get so many more ground-fireballs since they respect your air control.

We should chat on skype next time we play. I feel that you could be really good with Cyborg!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The best part about iafb are that they let you do ground-fireballs. You only need to be able to do them well enough that your opponent respects you enough. That way you get so many more ground-fireballs since they respect your air control.

We should chat on skype next time we play. I feel that you could be really good with Cyborg!
Sure. I can do iafb 90% on the right side of the screen but only like 50/50 on the left side lol.

D1 df2 and f22 FTW!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Thanks guys!

Still a chance I might have to bring out Cyborg tomorrow depending on the match up
Good stuff man! I actually plan on pulling out cyborg at NWM but only if its tied 1-1 and im playing against one of his no brainer matchups. I think thats the only way you can play him. If you start with him you just get counter picked and lose to MMH