What's new

Breakthrough CONGRATULATIONS TO KDZ FOR WINNING WINTERBRAWL

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I TOLD Y'ALL UNCLE PHIL IS BACK! CONGRATS TO KDZ FOR BUSTIN HEADS IN TOP 8 AT WINTER BRAWL! NO ONE BELIEVED IN HIM! EVERYONE COUNTED HIM OUT! I LOST $80 AND STILL BELIEVED AND YOU DID IT! LETS GO! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMIN, NOW WE JUST NEED YOU TO PULL A PL AND GET INTO EVO SHAPE! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Anti hype edit:

Huge props to KDZ for overcoming a severe character crisis and sticking with his mains (Superman, WW). The struggle has been real, but you proved yourself to everyone on the grand stage by resetting Sonic Fox in a handicap match. No zoning? No interactables? No problem.

Last edited:
Major props to KDZ. As I said, you can scratch what I said yesterday. I got legit HYPE for Clark.
LOL at some of the trolls in the stream chat acting like this was prepatch Superman antihype. I *remember* what prepatch Superman was like to watch, and that was not it. That was a well earned and hard fought victory from the Evo champion.

Goldi

Noob
Congrats to KDZ and all of the top 8! I was getting hype for like every match though lol this was a really great tourney! And I get all lovey watching the players grow and level up every year. Huge shout outs to Sonic and Chongo! :D

I can't even explain how hype I was. KDZ earned every piece of that victory. In a matchup where interactibles are a big no-no and held down by 50/50s, busted Superman pulls out a bracket reset and a win.

You deserve it man.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The Twitch chat feed said the following
"KDZ can't win without F23 :("
"KDZ is a fraud"

I wish this was a lie, but it's not.
What's fraud about him? He pulled out his pocket Wonder Woman which was incredible to beat the best Batman in the world in @DarthArma (hold that shit), worked his ass off with POST-PATCH Superman to beat the best Flash in the world in @Zyphox (pretty sure that's a given, now) after an 0-2 deficit, to reset the bracket against the best Batgirl in the world in @SonicFox5000. Then bring it back from 0-2 deficit in Grand Finals to beat the person that took him to Loser's! AND YOU WANT TO SAY HE'S FRAUD??? What the fuck is wrong with you?

"KDZ can't win without F23"
If SonicFox won, would you say "SonicFox can't win without his reset :("
Stupid ass shit.
@KDZ punished when he was supposed to, executed his combos tremendously and proved he's still the best Superman and he's back with a vengeance.

Anyways, great tournament. The top 8 was hype.
Big props to @Zyphox for doing incredible, now people can stfu about "you need to place bro".

Winter Brawl 2014 = Great Success.
Can't wait for the next event :)

EDIT - Damn, Forgot about @Tom Brady GOOD SHIT MAN! Idk why people ever counted you out. And your commentary was golden, I was hoping you'd commentate the Grand Finals lol but yeah, now everybody who doubted you has got to deal with the backlash.

Last edited by a moderator:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The community definitely needs to apologize to KDZ, Zyphox, and Tom Brady.

Also, let us not fall into the "this is the best player with character X in the world" trap again. If anything, Winter Brawl has proven that any player who loves and takes the game seriously can be a threat.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The community definitely needs to apologize to KDZ, Zyphox, and Tom Brady.

Also, let us not fall into the "this is the best player with character X in the world" trap again. If anything, Winter Brawl has proven that any player who loves and takes the game seriously can be a threat.
I'm just fueling the fire and I forgot Tom! gotta edit that...