What's new

Congrats to Rewind, and sincere condolences to everyone else on KL moving forward

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Liu Kang or not, Rewind played extremely well and deserved to win.
Some ppl disagree here :eek:

Yeah he suddenly become some kind of a killing machine right ?
Bul* completely. SonicFox totally outplay him. But good luck playing against all this tools of Liu Kang. He touches you, he is killing you, FB, KBs, his pressure, his zoning.
How hard is it ? F4, Kbs, FBs and thats it. Every hit Liu Kang does he can confirm into some big damage things. Everything he does is so damn stupid easy.
Look at Dvorah she needs her input to be timing perfectly. Liu Kang is that damn stupid that he doesnt need that. Rewind misses his timing and he still confirm his hit.
Braindead imba character.
All Liu Kang does is brainstupid. You can beat players way above your level. Its that easy.
With all due respect to Rewind he is not on SonicFox level, neither he is on Foxy or Dragon level. Yet he beat all of them, thanks to the imba Kang.

LawAbidingCitizen, you can totally delete this thread. Everything SonicFox does after Liu Kang F4xxxxx was to D1. Your only option. So maybe you should go and explain SonicFox how he can react to every string after the F4 and how to punish it ? What you think ? Should i write to him and tell him to seek advice from you? :D

Some ppl disagree here :eek:
For some reason people really want the takeaway from Rewind's win to be one extreme or the other. It's either "he just played well, bruv" or "Liu Kang is insanely busted and carried him." Truth is somewhere in the middle. No, it's not a coincidence that Rewind is suddenly mopping the floor with Dragon in two different tournament sets, beating Foxy 6 straight rounds and also besting SonicFox twice in the same tourney to take it all.

That said, he did play quite well. Liu is also blatantly top 1, and I think my gripe isn't the character's actual "strength" so much as the ease with which one can access it (this last point isn't particularly relevant at highest-level tourney play, but moreso referencing my own experience with the char and the army of Liu's online). In any case, props to Rewind.

Edit: correction, he beat Dragon once and Sonic is the one that eliminated him, but yeah.

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
Y'all worried about Liu? LOL, I'm more worried about D'vorah tbh.
Liu has the distinct advantage of requiring zero execution and generally being easy to play. Pretty much anybody who's never touched a fighting game in their life can hop on MK11, pick Liu, and get wins off of F4 loops and throws. Super easy KB's, great FB, safety, fast mids, low projectiles, air projectiles, gap closer... This character has it all and the one flaw you could mention is that he has short range - which doesn't mean much in a game where backdashes are ass generally and liu has one of the best (wave)dashes meaning he can glue himself to you with very little effort.

D'Vorah at the very least requires some thinking to do well with. Arachnophobia might be simple to play too, sure, but Buzzed is the last thing I would call simple.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Liu has the distinct advantage of requiring zero execution and generally being easy to play. Pretty much anybody who's never touched a fighting game in their life can hop on MK11, pick Liu, and get wins off of F4 loops and throws. Super easy KB's, great FB, safety, fast mids, low projectiles, air projectiles, gap closer... This character has it all and the one flaw you could mention is that he has short range - which doesn't mean much in a game where backdashes are ass generally and liu has one of the best (wave)dashes meaning he can glue himself to you with very little effort.

D'Vorah at the very least requires some thinking to do well with. Arachnophobia might be simple to play too, sure, but Buzzed is the last thing I would call simple.
Exactly, they play like braindead idiots with Liu and are more experienced with D'vorah. So my statement still stands.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Insanely close Grand Finals. Probably the closest I’ve ever seen, seriously. Insane matches.