What's new

General/Other Congrats To Revolver for Getting 1 Win in a 9-1 MU

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If the Zodballs are being done low enough most characters in the game would be in the same predicament
Sort of true, but the problem with Lex isn't his hitbox, but the fact that his long range tools all have a buttload of startup. Most characters, by contrast, can at least trade unfavorably. Woo what a fun game lol.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
If the Zodballs are being done low enough most characters in the game would be in the same predicament
This. Relaxed wasn't even doing at their lowest. At their lowest characters who have poor mobility and counter zoning can't do it anything because they block the zod ball while ducking. So there's no duck under and inch forward. @Vengeance135 playedjoker against armor's zod and said that he could barely move and that the situation is almost as if not as bad as lex's.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
This. Relaxed wasn't even doing at their lowest. At their lowest characters who have poor mobility and counter zoning can't do it anything because they block the zod ball while ducking. So there's no duck under and inch forward. @Vengeance135 playedjoker against armor's zod and said that he could barely move and that the situation is almost as if not as bad as lex's.
IAZBs are always highs, not mids, so you can duck them regardless of hitbox size or how low they're done.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If done low enough they hit you crouching. Big body characters at least. Try it.
I corrected you because I have tried it before. For a really noob-friendly way to input low air zod balls, just do the zod ball input right before zod hits the ground. If it's really low and the opponent is ducking, the projectile will actually pass through the opponent without hitting them.

Worst match in the game to me is still Arrow vs Aquaman, unless the Aquaman has never played the game before, you will never win a match. Simple because you can't.
Lol, I missed this one. Even though I think Cossner is smoking something for thinking its only 4-6 I do agree with him that its not even Arrows worst matchup, but even if we were to agree for the sake of argument that it *was* its still utterly ludicrous to try and draw comparisons to this.
Green Arrows options in the Aquaman matchup might suck something fierce...but he still actually *has* options, and as stacked as the deck might be the Aquaman player still actually has to play the game against him. Its not like Aquaman can just from the deep all day long and prevent me from ever getting in or perform a block infinite trident rush to victory. At the highest possible level there is a chance to outplay your opponent.

In this case it looks to me like outplaying your opponent effectively hinges on them failing to execute properly....which for the most part should not be a factor in matchup discussion.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Buy the laws of math and shit, and only tourny results mattering, if we times these numbers by three would this not be a 7-3 match up, and give the 1 extra to Zod a just cause Zod Balls??

I mean, he won a match.

To me it's hard to say something is unwinnable if a guy wins a match.

What would the Results be in 100 matches??? Are these 2 willing to grind this out next time they can play offline just so we could know for sure???

Worst match in the game to me is still Arrow vs Aquaman, unless the Aquaman has never played the game before, you will never win a match. Simple because you can't.
Mamah potato u b smokin 2 much

Error404

Noob
Just as point of comparison SF4 has much smaller stages and a much faster walk speed and yet , charactera can't have more than 1 fireball on screen at a time.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I know there's absolutely 0 chance of another balance patch down the line, but as someone whose taking a stab at fighting game design ATM I'd like food for thought.

What would be the best way to fix this without A) removing IAZBs or B) Overbuffing Lex to give him options in this particular matchup?
There is no other way so let's just go with option B :DOGE

That is how grown man fighters work. If you are too scrubby to handle it then dont play it.

not only rush down requires skills, zoning also does you casual scrubs!
This isn't about zoning in general. This is about a very specific case of "zoning" that goes too far- which in this case is the effectiveness of IAZB's against Lex to create a near-impossible matchup.

You are acting like the backlash against Zod's IAZB's are a backlash against zoning in general, which is so far from the truth. This is just a case that shouldn't be in the game.

Just because something requires skills, like Zod's IAZB doesn't make it ok if the result is it COMPLETELY IGNORES the skill of the other player. The other player should ALWAYS be a factor, or else it's not even a competition. It's like hitting a tennis ball against a brick wall- no matter what you do, you lose, and your skills are completely ignored. Lex is basically that person- playing Tennis against a wall. There's nothing he could do to win, as a result of Zod being able to do something that he doesn't even need to be able to zone effectively against much of the cast.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Because the commentary for this match wasn't terrible enough, we needed a P2W cameo.
How would you have commentated this match then. Revolver didnt get to play the game for the most part. Also P2W took the mic from CO2. Its really hard commentating one sided matches. At least In my opinion it is. Sorry i couldnt provide the best commentary in the world for everyone.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How would you have commentated this match then. Revolver didnt get to play the game for the most part. Also P2W took the mic from CO2. Its really hard commentating one sided matches. At least In my opinion it is. Sorry i couldnt provide the best commentary in the world for everyone.
Honestly you have nothing to apologize for.
Remember 2013 EVO? Even they admitted you just can't provide real commentary when all you have to work with is "f.23 followed by, you guessed it, f.23"

Honestly you have nothing to apologize for.
Remember 2013 EVO? Even they admitted you just can't provide real commentary when all you have to work with is "f.23 followed by, you guessed it, f.23"
Basically this. There wasn't anything to commentate on. "he's going to do IAZB's until he gets in, at which point he'll just laser him full screen again". The only thing they were able to commentate on was when the match deviated in some way from that predetermined pattern because someone made a mistake.