What's new

General/Other Congrats Smokex

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I TOLD YOU ALL HE NEEDS THE RESET.
Does Kano need the old upball? I'm not trolling, Smith. I want a frank answer to this question.

By the way, Tim Static misspoke. I think what he was trying to say is that players do not get enough credit for winning major tournaments unless VSM is present. No one should ever question this man's support for the community and its players. He does what he can to make sure MK and its players get the attention they deserve at every tournament.

With that said, while I still believe Smoke is a piece of character, xSmokex is a very good player. I have learned the Smoke match up by fighting him online.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I don't know about the total recovery frames, but it was no more than -7 on block.
Interesting. How did Kano get all this hate while Sonya has an armored combo starter that's -3 on block? lol. NRS pls.
well, the problem with it being -7 on block is that it also had 7 frames of startup and (I believe) hit mid so you couldn't crouch it.

Basically, your options if you blocked one were to use armor, attempt a just frame d1 (or 12b1 if you're sektor) or take the next hit to get out because he really could just do them over and over with no risk. Maybe moves that lower your hitbox could get it to whiff I'm not sure.

Honestly though, even with that and original knife toss Kano would be only upper mid tier instead of poop tier and, from a balance perspective, it didn't need to go.

This was when NRS was still heavily invested in the game and when there was a huge backlash from online players (the majority of their customers) they opted to take it back and make Kano less annoying (read: making him suck) rather than have a mass exodus of people who would rather quit than figure out a way around something that on the surface appeared cheap.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Great performance by this xSmokex kid. I was totally blown away! Till i saw that tournament i thought those Smoke resets are not as good and reliable as they seemed. They seems as scary as Cyrax's crap.
Full Respect!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I need to do that glitch more in matches, i cant believe everyones so happy and hyped that it happened, i thought this would have been fueling some smoke hate.

Good shit xSmoke, good shit.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
To be fair, people were praising him for gdlk execution on resets, but what separate RM Smoke from others is that he used the proper BnBs to do the reset in the first place. 3 D1 2, 3 D1 2, 3 D1 2, D4/D1~Smoke Bomb, F4 Reset guarantees the reset anywhere on the screen. I said that a while ago when people were saying how inconsistent it is. The rest he did near corners, which every Smoke main should know how to do. lol.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
To be fair, people were praising him for gdlk execution on resets, but what separate RM Smoke from others is that he used the proper BnBs to do the reset in the first place. 3 D1 2, 3 D1 2, 3 D1 2, D4/D1~Smoke Bomb, F4 Reset guarantees the reset anywhere on the screen. I said that a while ago when people were saying how inconsistent it is. The rest he did near corners, which every Smoke main should know how to do. lol.
Its more down to how much meter you can force your opponent to misplace before you get the resets going, otherwise yeah it is just execution

swag1

EX smash solves all
good job overcoming the kabal matching i think it's 6-4 in kabal's favour personally just because smoke shuts down his zoning, as you saw him do. and fuck dude go to casuals