What's new

General/Other Congrats Denzel Terry!!!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
All joking aside, what I have to commend Denzell for is overcoming the obstacles put infront of him purely from a mental aspect.

- To come back from getting 5-0'd by Tom Brady in the Sub mirrors
- Blowing up the supposed god-forbidden match-up against Kung Lao with Sub
- Beating the guy that practically put him out of Evo, TWICE
- Having the west coast stigma on his back
- Having the balls to run with characters he was obviously relatively inexperienced with.

And for that, taking all of what I just said into account, he deserves nothing but respect in my humble opinion.

Oh, and sorry, I can't help myself, to the rest of the Sub community, you've been given answers, stop perpetuating myths about Sektor, man up, level up, and most importantly, LRN2MATCHUP.

Tom and Denzel proved that KL is not a bad matchup do SZ no matter what you say, they fucking beat PL and muscular bald guy. Foxy and Glue what your backs, the winter is coming. /lol

Saint

Noob
Tom said it best when he pointed out that Detroits performance sort of went unnoticed because of all the crazy hype at this tourney, so props to Detroit first and foremost.

For me though, Denzel really stole this show. Amazing play, really chill dude, and GODLIKE cancel lol

Also, PL, not only to place above every EC player that has been trashtalking him, but to do so by defeating their best player who put him in losers in the previous tournament

Probably the best tournament in MK9 history

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah he proved he is the best sub zero. His anti air and punishes were spot on, and I still think he may have one if he had gone to Liu instead of KL. His Sub impressed me, but his fundamentals impressed me more.

I was so happy when he took out Curbo (more like bodied), after all the OCV talk and stuff. Denzel and Tom are the reason why I love sub zero, both very different players that utilize his different strengths.

EXCELLENT tourney all around, very entertaining to watch, my favorite one so far.

Congrats to Denzel. Very impressive play. Not just relying on Sub-Zeros tools, but heavy on the matchup knowledge as well. That's an immensely important aspect. Especially evident with the Perfect Legend match.

Congrats again.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How he managed to go 3 sets without missing a single teleport punish is beyond me. Amazing stuff.
So glad we have vids of your gameplay in this version of the game. Holy crap I loved every bit of you beating the dog piss out of PL and Curbo and Riu.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Tom and Denzel proved that KL is not a bad matchup do SZ no matter what you say, they fucking beat PL and muscular bald guy. Foxy and Glue what your backs, the winter is coming. /lol
It's not because they won against top dogs KL players that it's suddenly a easy match up, man. It's hard, you gotta play flawless to stand a chance.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Congrats to DJT/MIT and all of west coast this weekend!

Can someone tell me in which match Denzel did the X-ray throw cancel? I didn't get to watch all of this MLG :(