What's new

CONFIRMED! The very first LEGENDARY Gear has been unlocked is for......?

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I think I'm gonna officially call bullshit on this being legit. If you look at the Cheetah multiverse leader board... the only guy that finished the last tower hasn't done the first 3. No one has completed the 3rd tower. Dude's tag is a bunch of seemingly random numbers. If I'm wrong my bad but check it out for yourselves and let me know what you think.

Stanlos

Noob
Haha we submitted same time. I was referring to first dude but I think you're lying too haha
Why do you think they are lying? We are very nearly done with WW Legendary Quest. The minutes part should be done come Monday. Then the only outstanding one will be Epics. Hopefully by playing Cheetah they will stop dropping Cheetah EPICS and drop WW Epics instead

JesterSMX

Why do you think they are lying? We are very nearly done with WW Legendary Quest. The minutes part should be done come Monday. Then the only outstanding one will be Epics. Hopefully by playing Cheetah they will stop dropping Cheetah EPICS and drop WW Epics instead
You can see who's completed each tower through the multiverse leader boards.

JesterSMX

I just checked and he's right. He got it. Leader boards must take a little to update. My bad.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It still really bums me out that all the work you have to put into these doesn't pan out into anything competitively useful.

My hope is that MAYBE whatever buff each character gets ends up becoming canon one day.
They are only not competitively useful because the injustice community decided they aren't. If the community wanted gear to be competitive, they could figure it out and implement it. But, the community is lazy and doesn't want to invest the time and resources into organizing gear tournaments. No one to blame...

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
They are only not competitively useful because the injustice community decided they aren't. If the community wanted gear to be competitive, they could figure it out and implement it. But, the community is lazy and doesn't want to invest the time and resources into organizing gear tournaments. No one to blame...
That would be DISASTROUS!

EDIT

Actually....competitive gear could actually work. Only for the added abilities, NOT for the augments. That be unfair. The extra abilities being played competitively can only work if both opponents know what abilities each character is adding to the fight. That way, it would not be an unfair surprise to the match-up. Then again, the game is not even a year old, so there's PLENTY of time to organize into tournaments if that route is chosen.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Great to see someone getting that Gear. I'm still waiting for Sub-Zero, Starfire and Poison Ivy to get their Legendary events yet none of them got it yet. I will say this: Once you do get it, it does seem worth to play the non competitive online matches for. That Cheetah damage was fucking insane, one can only wonder what other characters will get. So yeah, I will play the non-competitive matches online with this Gear on any of my mains.

That doesn't seem great. It's slightly better then a really good piece of epic gear and has an extra ability.

For all they make you go through to get them, I was expecting ... more.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That doesn't seem great. It's slightly better then a really good piece of epic gear and has an extra ability.

For all they make you go through to get them, I was expecting ... more.
Exactly. Your reward is invalid unless you venture out of Competitive mode.

They should treat these like a Beta run for eventually adding the respective abilities - ONLY the ones that come from whatever Legendary gimmick you get - to the game itself. If MKX could handle something as drastic as nuking armored launchers (R.I.P. Balanced and Lackey :( ), Injustice 2 can handle an eventual paradigm shift to liven up the meta.

Beyond that...idk.

Even in competitive mode it's fairly invalid. It's a little better then the gear it replaces and doesn't let you regen to focus the stats where you want them. If they got rid of the really dumb prerequisites like sacrificing 250 pieces of epic gear and playing for thousands of minutes, they would be worth the effort needed to get them.

As it is, they really aren't.

JesterSMX

Timing of it all seems interesting. Tyler mentioned Green Arrow's hood being under development which means the legendary gear addition was planned from the beginning. I want cheetah's tail because she's my main but it seems like a distraction for casuals to stay. Destiny was released days after and mvci this tues. I'll take my tin foil hat off now.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Timing of it all seems interesting. Tyler mentioned Green Arrow's hood being under development which means the legendary gear addition was planned from the beginning. I want cheetah's tail because she's my main but it seems like a distraction for casuals to stay. Destiny was released days after and mvci this tues. I'll take my tin foil hat off now.
The hood is not legendary gear, it's just something that was requested enough that they're putting it in.

JesterSMX

The hood is not legendary gear, it's just something that was requested enough that they're putting it in.
I understand the hood not being legendary. From a developer standpoint... if making new gear was easy we'd have the hood already. That's why I think the legendary gear system isn't a new idea because of the time involved to make new gear. Still a crazy theory I know. Just thinking out loud.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
If they personalized the 700 Gear for each character, ex. Giving Cheetah 400 Strength and 100 everything else, that would be different, and Batman got 300 Strength and 200 Ability and 100 everything else, it would be much more effective. But oh well.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I still can't even get full gear sets for red hood and I've been grinding with him since he was released. Gear bias is on as well, I just don't get it. What are some pointers?

I rarely get epic drops for him from mother boxes, his character tower has given me like 3 things from one gear set that I don't really care about. I would seriously just pay money rather than grind it out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I still can't even get full gear sets for red hood and I've been grinding with him since he was released. Gear bias is on as well, I just don't get it. What are some pointers?

I rarely get epic drops for him from mother boxes, his character tower has given me like 3 things from one gear set that I don't really care about. I would seriously just pay money rather than grind it out.
From my experience, i believe the drop rate for character gear is increased while playing their exclusive tower. I played the Black Manta tower and RANDOMLY got an epic arm gear thats part of a set. I was hella lucky, but ive noticed this happens when playing their exclusive tower. My advice is to replay those towers as much as possible to obtain some lucky gear. Hope that helps.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I can't imagine anyone wasting so much time just for an unimpressive looking piece of gear and a buff that will never matter. I'm all about cosmetics and what not, but the requirements to complete these multiverses are absolutely absurd. I will never even attempt to do one.

Aside from all the other bullshit requirements, the fact that you have to sacrifice 250 pieces of epic gear from that particular character is absolutely ridiculous. I've been playing since day 1 and I haven't gotten that many pieces of epic gear across the entire cast.

Stanlos

Noob
I can't imagine anyone wasting so much time just for an unimpressive looking piece of gear and a buff that will never matter. I'm all about cosmetics and what not, but the requirements to complete these multiverses are absolutely absurd. I will never even attempt to do one.

Aside from all the other bullshit requirements, the fact that you have to sacrifice 250 pieces of epic gear from that particular character is absolutely ridiculous. I've been playing since day 1 and I haven't gotten that many pieces of epic gear across the entire cast.
I suspect they have tweaked the algorithms to drop more frequently and I have noticed that the last three planets lately feature Random Epics and Specific Character Epics. I have 52 to sacrifice for WW since the patch. I am still annoyed that I have way more for characters that I have not touched since downloading but I can't lose sight of the fact that I am still a fifth of the way there after barely a week of trying. So I think it may end up being okay. Still have to contend with those minutes though!