What's new

Comprehensive Nightwolf Change Wishlist

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

I love Nightwolf. Nightwolf loves me. But I don't like it that Nightwolf is a victim of MK11's meta and I want him to be his own character and not just another auto shimmy/throw loop drone. Here's my suggestions, universal and for all three variations.

Universal:

1: 111 is no longer special cancelable, but is +10 on hit. Auto shimmy nerf, turns this into an MK9 style jab string. In MK9, you either finished these for hit advantage or had to cut them short for combo potential. Big nerf obviously.

2: D1 and D3's hit advantages are swapped. D1 would be +13, D3 would be +10, further removing the auto shimmy meta from his kit. D3 is also now -8 on block to take away the degenerate strats like D3 on block into backdash F1.

3: Rhino Charge (BF4) KB condition is changed to now trigger if you hit a Rhino Charge from max range. You're rewarded for footsies, rewarded for neutral, rewarded for MU knowledge and the use of this KB is completely in your control, something all KB's should be. Big buff, if you go into practice and turn on easy KB's, the optimal two bar of this in the corner will land 50%.

4: 112 now does 150-ish damage from 130. He'd have an option of a hit advantage or knockdown auto shimmy, just no full combos.

Matoka Warrior:

1: Spirit Of Kiba (db3) now lasts 10 seconds. Amplified version now lasts 15 seconds. This is to make ALL the tools in this variation used. Your auto shimmy being nerfed now encourages you to try to keep this up as much as you can.

Ancestral Gift:

1: 221+3 now does 210 damage. This gives him a stable block punish at -10 and up. Powerful yes, but it's off a stubby button. He won't hit many things with this.

2: B341+3 now does 243.65 damage. Optimal punish for -12 and above, also will not be available very often. You'll mostly see this as a corner juggle ender or as a neutral jump read hit confirm.

3: Tomahawk Swing (DBF3) now does 150 damage. Amplified now does 180 damage.

4: 31 is now a tick point for Tomahawk Swing, creating a mixup between it and finishing 312.

Shaman:

1: Amplified Spirit Tracks now links off of F2121

Edit: Added a video I made of this same list with some demonstrations etc.

There it is.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Nothing egregious & the stuff to get him off of being a tech trap character gives him
More of an identity

Wigy

There it is...
I would agree with 111 nerf if they want to give the command grab variation more of an identity.

As it stands just doing strike grab mixes from 111 in makota is basically better than anything the command grab variation does. Think it would nerf him too hard in comparison to cetrion etc. Would welcome if the other top tiers got hit. I would welcome the buff getting more usablility

Chernyy Volk

Yeah I FUCKING HATE the football helmets. I have zero idea what they were thinking.

Also why no maskless wolf helmet?

S+ Main

Noob
As a nightwolf main im gonna have to say yes to this the changes to ancestral especially. i love that variation but most the time i feel like i have to play makota. they only change i would make is give b3 just a little bit more range because sometimes i block a d1 go for b3 and it whiffs, and it just hurts my feelings.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Pretty solid, although if we're designing for fairness I'd say his absurd movement speed should take a slight bump downward as well. Basically the dude has an S-tier run button

Chernyy Volk

Pretty solid, although if we're designing for fairness I'd say his absurd movement speed should take a slight bump downward as well. Basically the dude has an S-tier run button
Maybe so. Movement in this game is both clunky and too good across the board lol

is everyone okay with shoulder charge being bf4? after 15+ years with nigithwolf's charge being ff4 this is the most annoying thing they could have done.
im triggered.