What's new

Completing Nightwolf: Rework Suggestions

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

I basically feel like Nightwolf is a bad character and a design failure, here's my video about why and about what I think should happen to him.

I'm going to pre-empt the objections to this claim I've gotten up to this point.

I know Gambler beat Jueks by using Hana's Wrath, I explain in the video and show if Jueks actually labs, that'll never happen again.

People are making claims Bio is doing work with Tomahawk Swing/Grappling Stalker/Moonfall and that this makes Nightwolf a pure mix character. There is no mix. If you want proof, I am more than happy to record me defending against any example you name of what you think that mix is.

If you think Nightwolf isn't bad, tell me why you think he isn't bad. My problem, outlined in these videos, is mainly he has a lack of options. His base character isn't great, half his strings are useless, more than half his specials are useless, his flexibility when it comes to kustoms is basically nil as far as what he can be effective with especially in his bad MU's.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
How is going Tekken? Last time i remember you were switched to Tekken, what happened? i guess you couldn't find any bad character to complain about and decided to return to MK 11, which is a completely good decision in your case.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
My only problem with Nightwolf is you have to take 2 slots of abilities to get one launcher (+ 3 moves having the same input, df2)

Many others characters have a base launcher or can get two with abilities. Not really fair.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
A lot of the ideas you presented are solid. Honestly most character's in this game need some sort of gameplay overhaul, not in terms of viability but in fun factor and variety and I think Nightwolf is one of the best examples because he is just plain toast no butter the character.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Alright, I'll entertain this because I've never gotten a straight answer.

Why is Shao Khan so bad?

AND

Can you tell me anything about him that's good?

The Good:
  • Some the highest damage in the game mid screen and corner
  • Godlike D4,B4
  • Ridiculous corner carry rivaling Raiden

• Decent range on some normals
  • one the the best armor breaks when paired with spear charge
  • One of the best Upper Cuts in the game probably only rivaled by Jade
But all of this means jack to compared The Bad:
  • Some of if not the worst strings in the game!
  • He Is stuck doing b4,F4, throw for most the match
  • Most of his high attacks can be uppercutted on reaction
  • Very limited KB's
  • Possibly the most reactable Fatal blow in the game.
  • Little to no reason to use anyting outside his standard variation of annihilation, Priest Buff/Ground Shatter, and Skewered.
  • Only decent Mid lead into...... (see next one down)
  • THE EASIEST FLAWLESS BLOCK GAPS IN THE GAME!

Last edited: