What's new

Completely nullify CatWoman's 33 stagger string

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
In the video I have shared below, you will see that Green Arrow's crouching hurtbox has some weird sort of property where CatWoman's standing 3 (which normally hits twice) only hits once, and the second hit whiffing allows him to get a full combo punish.

Whether she commits to the full string or just does S3, it's a punish either way.
Her 33 staggers are pretty dumb, so her not being able to use the string at all in this match up I think could possibly tip it in Arrow's favour?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanx! My training partner mains her and I didn't even know this. Although, he hardly ever uses the string. Because of this, I don't think this would tip the match up in Arrow's favor. He rarely uses it, but he doesn't ever really need to. B2 is good for footsies, her standing 2 string and 1 string are good for mix ups and frame advantage, and her F2 string is good for staggers. Plus I think her staggers are more of an online thing or something that just katches you off guard every once in a while offline.

Kan she bait a punish btw? I doubt anyone would do it, but something like 3~MB F3...

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I didn't try, but I don't think she can cancel it either because the move technically whiffs, since the 2nd hit doesn't come out.

You're probably right, but after any f112 or 1f2 or 2d2 on block just try d1 savage blast to get tf out of there. Online I find the plus frames from 1f2 and 2d2 get beaten out more times than not.

Tbh the 33 staggers are better than her others I think; it's a meterless launcher, max damage combo starter in the corner, breaks armour, the last hit has a backdash which can easily be caught with b2 or f1, and it's only -1. If you watch Semiij and Rewind (probably the 2 best CW's at the moment) they really abuse this string.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I didn't try, but I don't think she can cancel it either because the move technically whiffs, since the 2nd hit doesn't come out.
Some multi-hitting moves kan be kancelled on the first hit... The classic example is Atrocitus with his 50/50 footsie string. The last hit is one button with two attacks, and it's kancellable on the first hit.

You're probably right, but after any f112 or 1f2 or 2d2 on block just try d1 savage blast to get tf out of there. Online I find the plus frames from 1f2 and 2d2 get beaten out more times than not.
After 1F2 and 2D2, she's plus and D1~Savage Blast won't help. Even online, my training partner gets his D1 before I do. If I am going to blatantly disrespect that, it's because I read that he isn't going to do a D1.

Tbh the 33 staggers are better than her others I think; it's a meterless launcher, max damage combo starter in the corner, breaks armour, the last hit has a backdash which can easily be caught with b2 or f1, and it's only -1. If you watch Semiij and Rewind (probably the 2 best CW's at the moment) they really abuse this string.
2D2 breaks armor as well. Same with F21, etc... I usually don't MB B3 against her at point blank because she has too many armor breaking strings.

I think standing 3 is good for the meterless launcher, but like I said, she doesn't need it. I just don't think it's a match up changer, but it would help you get the win if they don't know about it.