What's new

Competitive Seasons???

I see lots of people wishing ability's made it into some of the characters main kits. What if NRS every two months(or decent amount of time) switched the characters ability's for competitive play. E.x Supergirls default db1 rotates out and the over head smash becomes the default one? I think this could be a cool idea and could keep the game really fresh.

omooba

fear the moobs
oooooh that's actually really interesting. don't know how much this would fuck up balance but yeah it seems really cool

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I think some characters should have gear abilities moved to their main movesets for balance purposes. Or gear abilities should be allowed in competitive play. Why have the moves in the game if they can hardly be used?

I think some characters should have gear abilities moved to their main movesets for balance purposes. Or gear abilities should be allowed in competitive play. Why have the moves in the game if they can hardly be used?
My exact thoughts. Feels like a waste having so many cool moves a ton of people will never use.

Too big of a change to make to characters. You'd be changing core mechanics, and if you do it for every character as frequently as you suggest it'd be incredibly hard to actually level up. Changing how every characters combos, tools, and matchups interact that frequently would be a bad idea.

I'd rather they balance abilities and allow them for competitive play, it'd be like variations. But I doubt they'd do any major changes like that until after the first championship series

Fred Marvel

I'd rather they balance abilities and allow them for competitive play, it'd be like variations. But I doubt they'd do any major changes like that until after the first championship series
This is what I said from day 1. You wouldn't need counterpicks if you could just switch out abilities (which nrs said was the mentality behind variations) but so many tournament players complained about it and said no to it so now we have to watch aquaman and black Adam over and over again

This is what I said from day 1. You wouldn't need counterpicks if you could just switch out abilities (which nrs said was the mentality behind variations) but so many tournament players complained about it and said no to it so now we have to watch aquaman and black Adam over and over again
90% of the players I play in player match request to turn on competitive mode so I feel as though almost no one is utilising the cool abilitys nrs put into the game. If they did balance them (like variations) that would be very cool.

Fred Marvel

90% of the players I play in player match request to turn on competitive mode so I feel as though almost no one is utilising the cool abilitys nrs put into the game. If they did balance them (like variations) that would be very cool.
exactly everyone wants to play competitive mode even in KOTH and player matches online so the moves are damn near never getting used, it sucks for me playing GL because he has moves that would make him a far better character but ill never get to use them