What's new

Competitive mode, but with gear abilities enabled

So it's clear that NRS are taking heed of what folks want, with the recent inclusion of ranked sets and splitting player matches into competitive and non-competitive. Yet with that there's still one option that's missing...

When it comes to gear abilities, they either get disabled along with stat boosts, or if they are enabled you have to accept the stat boosts along with them. What would be amazing IMO is if you had a third mode where it's just like competitive... except that gear abilities happen to be available on the side as well.

I fully appreciate that many gear abilities are far too ridiculous to be allowed in tournament settings, and that's not what I'm advocating for. Rather, it'd be great to have the option of playing matches with other folks, both online and offline, with gear abilities enabled, but without all the bullshit that comes with assorted stat boosts.

It's just a damn shame because some abilities are really fun to mess around with... but if you actually want to apply them in practice you have to accept the possibility of someone with 3000+ strength taking off nearly half your lifebar with a simple throw or something.

What's interesting is that back in May/June when the game first came out, a lot of other people were saying exactly what I'm saying now. But a few months down the line, hardly anyone is saying it anymore...