What's new

Community Wide Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Bans & Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Kratos & Kratos stage are banned: randomly shakes mid match and can mess up combos amongst other things.

No game breaking glitches. This is an FGC wide rule for all games, including but not limited to "The Invisibility" glitch performed between rounds to alter collision detection.

The Street stage banned: vehicles driving by blind players from projectiles, etc.

Do not use the Hell stage. The stage lags character animations.

Do not use the Wastelands stage. The stage drops Jump Kicks.

For any colorblind players, use The Courtyard (Day)

Winner stays with character, and character keeps same costume from previous match.

No game altering Kombat Kodes. IE Dream Kombat, Dark Kombat or Jumping Disabled, etc.

Noob
Tim asked me to re-post this... it's something that I posted in the original thread in the staff forum but it's definitely important and should be addressed by TO's.

Sorry for the long post but it's for a good reason.

Next item I want to bring up about rules...more specifically, officiating:

When you run a pool/bracket, you are also that pool's/bracket's official, aka, the first authority that players go to when a problem arises.

Anyway, when I was in umpire school, one of the first things we learned is that there are some rules that can only be enforced if the other team "protests" before the next pitch is thrown. For instance, if a player bats out of order, the defense must bring it to the umpire's attention before the pitcher throws a pitch to the next batter...otherwise the at bat becomes a legal at bat and there is nothing the umpire can do about it.

I bring this up for a specific reason: Now that we're going to enforce the "winner stays AND stays with same costume" rule, we have to be prepared for anything. Most of us who run pools do not watch the matches, just run the pools and and stay on our laptops to get reports.

-We aren't in position to watch every player's character/costume choice.

-If we see a player win and then choose a different character/costume, we are, in effect giving an advantage to the player who lost because, IMO, it is up to that player to be aware of what character/costume his opponent used and therefore, also his responsibility to report any change of character/costume to the official BEFORE the start of the next match.

-If the player chooses to not say anything, then proceeds to play out the match and is losing/lose the match, THEN reports that the winner changed character/costume, the match thereby becomes a legal match and the official can no-longer grant a re-play.

I have learned from umpiring, that its never a matter of IF something will happen, but WHEN. This will happen one day and we need to protect ourselves as officials by having a standardized rule that we can turn to in order to clarify the situation.

This is just my personal opinion and if you like what you see, I can summarize as such:

1. Winner Stays with character/costume choice
2. If winner changes character/costume, loser is obligated to inform official BEFORE the start of the next match.
3. If loser does not inform official before the match, and proceeds to lose the match, the match is considered legal.
4. If the Winner changes character/costume, and loser reports correctly, and winner refuses to change back, winner thereby forfeits that match(not the series) and the series continues from that point.

Again, just my personal opinion. As officials, you have to protect yourself and if we go out of our way to tell a winner when he changes either on purpose or accidentally, then we open ourselves to criticism if we don't do that for EVERY MATCH that we're responsible for.

Tim Static

Adminerator
And as I said before in response to this is that i think if the player absolutely refuses, then they forfeit the series.

But very good points, Phil.

Noob
And as I said before in response to this is that i think if the player absolutely refuses, then they forfeit the series.

But very good points, Phil.
Tim, the only reason I disagree with that is because of a similar result in baseball/softball.

If a player bats out of order, and the defense protests it, correctly, then the player that was SUPPOSED to bat is declared out and the next legal batter on in the batting order is up.

In this scenario, the offense is forced to take an out, not 3 outs ending their inning. IMO, it's a similar situation.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim, the only reason I disagree with that is because of a similar result in baseball/softball.

If a player bats out of order, and the defense protests it, correctly, then the player that was SUPPOSED to bat is declared out and the next legal batter on in the batting order is up.

In this scenario, the offense is forced to take a out, not 3 outs ending their inning. IMO, it's a similar situation.
I agree with that but if a player is just in the mind set of i dont fucking care, or fuck you im doing it my way etc etc is a lot worse than accidentally then starting it over.

think of that more of the manager/coach arguing with the ref and getting ejected from the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.