What's new

Strategy Community Guide to overcoming fundamental Nightwing Problems

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Dicks and ladies,

We have come to a point where we must work hard to overcome our characters flaws. Innovation, tech, and digging are required.

Within this thread, we must work collaboratively to overcome some of Nightwings problem mechanics.

Imo of the utmost importance are:

Dealing with heavy mid zoners (Sinestro, Zod, etc)
Pressure escapes in Escrima
Optimizing 50/50 setups
Taking max damage in all situations

I will collaborate all suggestions into this thread so that we, The Nightwing community can further our character.

The first thing I want to focus on is the zoning.

How do we handle fullscreen situations against Zod and Sinestro/Raven and co. Are there any of our moves that lower our hitbox enough to get under their mid hitting projectiles?

We need to explore and innovate and I look forward to doing this with all of you dicks.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You should tag some players here or "sticky" this thread so that it would get more attention.

I got the game on PC recently I'll start chipping in (hopefully) with whatever I can.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You win.

Moving on,

Lets see if we can come up with some shenanigans to help out in those areas.
What's NW's biggest flaw in cyborg and sinestro matchup? Is his offense not good enough once he finally gets in? Does he not get rewarded from the flowchart stay out and die, get in a dwin method?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What's NW's biggest flaw in cyborg and sinestro matchup? Is his offense not good enough once he finally gets in? Does he not get rewarded from the flowchart stay out and die, get in a dwin method?
Dude, we can talk matchups in one of the other matchup threads. Please stay on topic.

I don't want this to be a theory fighting topic. This is not a matchup argument...it is a thread for fellow Nightwing players to come together and collaborate to try and patch some holes.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Dealing with heavy mid zoners (Sinestro, Zod, etc)

Optimizing 50/50 setups
Taking max damage in all situations

How do we handle fullscreen situations against Zod and Sinestro/Raven and co. Are there any of our moves that lower our hitbox enough to get under their mid hitting projectiles?
Dude, we can talk matchups in one of the other matchup threads. Please stay on topic.

I don't want this to be a theory fighting topic. This is not a matchup argument...it is a thread for fellow Nightwing players to come together and collaborate to try and patch some holes.
Lol smh.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Nightwing's dash in escrima stance is able to go under air zodballs that are at head height. I don't think he is able to dash under proper iazb's but if they aren't perfect you can dash past. And of course the spark projectile goes under his pistol, as it does to any air zodballs if timed correctly.

edit: slow azb's might be very tricky to duck with spark.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Nightwing's dash in escrima stance is able to go under air zodballs that are at head height. I don't think he is able to dash under proper iazb's but if they aren't perfect you can dash past. And of course the spark projectile goes under his pistol, as it does to any air zodballs if timed correctly.
That works for GL as well. In fact, it's fundamental to the matchup.

My question is...do we have anything dirty to help us wade through the full screen game of mid zoners like Sinestro 3 quarters and on.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I......agree with a post from Qwark. :)

My question for the NWs is this, and I don't mean it be offensive, I'm just trying to help from an outsiders perspective:

Do you really need new "tech"? Isn't it possible that the MUs are just,:

1) patiently get past zoning
2) get them to the corner
3) Do NW related activities upon reaching the corner

I only ask this because the three characters mentioned in Sinestro, cyborg, raven have something in common. Their wakeups are booty butt cheeks. So instead of hunting mythological tech to go under fireballs or something like that, maybe look into MU specific stuff like blowing up their ass wakeups.

Just an outsiders point of view. I think NW is awesome and I want to see you guys level up too because the character is so damn hype.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I......agree with a post from Qwark. :)

My question for the NWs is this, and I don't mean it be offensive, I'm just trying to help from an outsiders perspective:

Do you really need new "tech"? Isn't it possible that the MUs are just,:

1) patiently get past zoning
2) get them to the corner
3) Do NW related activities upon reaching the corner

I only ask this because the three characters mentioned in Sinestro, cyborg, raven have something in common. Their wakeups are booty butt cheeks. So instead of hunting mythological tech to go under fireballs or something like that, maybe look into MU specific stuff like blowing up their ass wakeups.

Just an outsiders point of view. I think NW is awesome and I want to see you guys level up too because the character is so damn hype.

No one is saying Nightwing is bad...jesus christ why are all these non NW players coming in here and talking matchups?

It's a thread for NW players to collaborate on things that they are having issues with...share tech, level up.

Yes, we all know that knocking Sinestro, Cyborg or Raven down is advantageous. That's not the problem. There is a reason why Sinestro and Cyborg beat Nightwing.

Similar to other characters in SF who have some gimmick ways or WoWo who has her d3 to get by some of this stuff, I am wondering if NW has something that aids in his travels...because he literally needs help in his travels.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
No one is saying Nightwing is bad...jesus christ why are all these non NW players coming in here and talking matchups?

It's a thread for NW players to collaborate on things that they are having issues with...share tech, level up.

Yes, we all know that knocking Sinestro, Cyborg or Raven down is advantageous. That's not the problem. There is a reason why Sinestro and Cyborg beat Nightwing.

Similar to other characters in SF who have some gimmick ways or WoWo who has her d3 to get by some of this stuff, I am wondering if NW has something that aids in his travels...because he literally needs help in his travels.
I did not say NW is bad. Ask around, I probably upplay this character more than anyone.

Anyways, ill leave you to your work. I was only trying to help. I can see that is not wanted. Safe travels.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
No one is saying Nightwing is bad...
I'll say it. Nightwing is not a good character in this game. He loses to all the most popular tournament characters, some that aren't popular and since 1.6 - his 5-5s are all incredibly hard. His mobility is trash, his damage is sub par and his heavy hitting stuff requires significant meter to match the rest of the cast. His trait and overall design is uninspired and is only Nightwing so far as the costume and Escrima sticks are concerned. If you are losing to Nightwing - you either don't know the matchup or you are getting outplayed more than you can know. If you're losing to Nightwing - it's not because he's this great undiscovered character - it's because you're getting exposed.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'll say it. Nightwing is not a good character in this game. He loses to all the most popular tournament characters, some that aren't popular and since 1.6 - his 5-5s are all incredibly hard. His mobility is trash, his damage is sub par and his heavy hitting stuff requires significant meter to match the rest of the cast. His trait and overall design is uninspired and is only Nightwing so far as the costume and Escrima sticks are concerned. If you are losing to Nightwing - you either don't know the matchup or you are getting outplayed more than you can know. If you're losing to Nightwing - it's not because he's this great undiscovered character - it's because you're getting exposed.
Since when did u become a downplayer? :( nightwing is not nearly THAT bad.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Hello fellow Nightwing players.How are you all, my fellow Nightwing brothers?
As a Night wing player I would like to know what I should do against a Killer Frost player to get destroyed. This way I WON'T do that.

It is great to be a part of the Nightwing community. I look forward to our discussion so that I can improve my Nightwing play.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Since when did u become a downplayer? :( nightwing is not nearly THAT bad.
The character has to work so hard, for so little.

I'm tired of seeing the character erroneously up played. It's like PPJ winning NEC with Hawkgirl - all of a sudden Hawkgirl is this retarded broken character. Anyone maybe consider PPJ is just an outstanding player who outplayed his opponents? It's stupid.

When you win with Nightwing - your opponent has to hold that shit.