What's new

Community Gear Loadout Showcase and Lore

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

Welcome everyone to a thread that is long overdue; a Gear Thread!

Now you can share your personal loadouts of your favorite character(s) and feel free to attach your own lore.

PLEASE KEEP ALL LORE SFW.

This is your opportunity to show off how awesome your main can look and of course to grab other ideas if you lack a creative mindset, (I won't judge).

Remember this thread is for the FGC to have some fun so please refrain from insulting or mocking another's post.

Enjoy!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
With apologies in advance for this VERY LONG SERIES OF POSTS, here's a sampling of my favorites.

I must confess that the dress-up mechanic is one of my favorite parts of the game; I may be a scrub at the actual fighting, but I am a pro player when it comes to dress-up!! Injustice 2 is like the best Barbie Dream House ever.

CHEETAH

Amazon Eater
My primary look. I went with the navy blue because that's the costume color she tends to use in the comics when she bothers to wear clothes. The head and chest pieces have been Transformed because most of Cheetah's epics are visually unappealing to me.

Blood Goddess
Cheetah fully consumed by the power of Urzkartaga. (The whole 'Goddess of the Hunt' thing is specific to the New 52, and both before Flashpoint and now again in DC Rebirth the god empowering Cheetah is an evil blood god called Urzkartaga.)

Golden Huntress
My best attempt at a Golden Age Cheetah (Priscilla Rich) look. Unfortunately Cheetah's gear is so same-y that I couldn't really do much.
POISON IVY

Scarlet Woman
My primary look. I love the way the red leaves bring out the green in her skin with this shader.

May Queen
This is meant to evoke Swamp Thing's assessment of Ivy as the 'May Queen' in the comics, a powerful force for the Green.

Rose of Sharon
Ivy's very fun to dress up.

Foxglove
I love this shader; I wish there was a purple option with the green skin.

Black Orchid
An homage to the character of the same name, another instrument of the Green.​

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
CATWOMAN

Purrfection
My primary loadout. I love the look of this rare headpiece and will probably Transform an epic into it at some point just for the single player mode stats.

The Mistress
A variant of the above, for friskier occasions. A nod to her past as a dominatrix in the Year One continuity.

Gotham Siren
A spin on the Michelle Pfeiffer Batman Returns look.

Darkest Hecate
I just completed this 5-piece set today and I'm very pleased with it.

Cat Burglar
This one's a little different, but I dig the weird headpiece.

HARLEY QUINN

Isn't It Rich?
My primary look. Attempting to combine the classic Harley design and the sexier modern adaptations.

Classic
My best attempt at a recreation of the Bruce Timm cartoon classic costume. I keep switching out the headpiece as I find ones that look more like the cartoon one.

Duela Dent
The Joker's Daughter, a related character. (I still need to unlock the Joker's Moll shader!) Aiming for this iteration rather than the current one.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
BLACK CANARY

Bird Of Prey
My primary look. Still haven't found the perfect legs to Transform these into; she needs fishnets or it's not really Canary to me.

Classic
My best attempt at a recreation of the classic Black Canary costume.

Post-Punk
A sexier outfit, one she might perform in with her band Ashes on Sunday.

SUPERGIRL

Superwoman
I really wish that in the Batman ending he had addressed Kara as Superwoman to stress her replacement of Kal. This is my concept for a slightly older Supergirl adopting the responsibilities of Superman in his absence.

Alura In-Ze
I was really excited to complete this set. Torn between using this Daughter of Argo shader (to reflect Kara's upbringing) or the Phantom Zone shader (which looks more like Alura from the comics).

Legionnaire
A 30th century look.

WONDER WOMAN

Imperatrix
I really don't like the villainous Wonder Woman in this game; I think she's poorly written and that even a corrupted Diana wouldn't behave as she does. That said, I thought I might like her better if I gave her an overtly villainous costume and separated her from the 'real' Wonder Woman in my head. I like the royal purple Circe (Alternate) shader a lot. ("Imperatrix" is Latin for Empress, btw; my username means "Empress Sindel", though in proper Latin it'd be Sindel Imperatrix.)

ROBIN

al Ghul
I love the Arab-inspired hood shape, here. This is an attempt at combining his legacy as Robin with his legacy as Talia's son.

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

GREEN LANTERN

Star Sapphire
I mostly use the John Stewart premier skin when I play as GL, but if I'm going to be Hal I figure I might as well be a Hal who's joined up with his girlfriend Carol Ferris to become an instrument of love! (I want Carol as DLC so bad.) The lighting in this screencap isn't great, but he does have the Star Sapphire symbol on his chest.

CAPTAIN COLD

For Lisa
A costume worn in honor of his late sister, the Golden Glider. Uses the God shader. I gave him the mobility gear abilities (Air Ice Out and Shoulder of Cold) to reflect Golden Glider's high-tech ice skates.

SCARECROW

Dr. Crane
A plague doctor sort of look. I like this shader (Chemophobia) because it's closest to comics Scarecrow.

Nightmare
I just really like this one.

AQUAMAN

Aquadaddy
How naked can I get Aquaman? An ongoing investigation.

And now I'm done, I promise. (FOR NOW.)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Does anyone have some awesome looking loudest with Supergirl's "daughter of Argo" and "phantom zone" shader?

I'm curious what you guys have.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'll post mine as soon as I figure out how to send the pics from my PS4 to my phone lol. I actually think she has some good gear pieces.
The best way to do it is super roundabout, ugh -- PS4 messenger app, send the caps to a friend, go into the conversation on your phone in the app, download the photos from the conversation, upload them to imgur or something.

And yeah, I think Harley actually has the most diverse gear options out of the female cast bar maybe Catwoman.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

Demon King Jaime- I kind of just wanted something that looked absolutely ghoulish like The Reach or some other force had full corrupted him, I think I succeeded?

I'm a university of Michigan alumni and a lame ass dude so this one is inspired by my old school and I had a lot of fun with it.

The purple and orange are awesome together with his deep space mask which I love. There was no Green shader so purple is the next best thing, probably my favorite Blue Beetle mask besides his default.

Classic Jaime- This one is my go to because of the rusty almost rose gold he has alongside the blue is a nice touch. I love that the scarab's eyes are on the front too as it brings it front and center and makes the most sense to me lore wise and I deliberately made sure his armor covered most of his body cause base Blue Beetle has so little blue armor and too much gray that it's kind of bland to me lol.

Lady Minerva- I absolutely love the teal and how makeshift the crown is for her. Nothing too deep to it, just wanted her to have more tropical colors cause I feel like those reflect her more than reds do.

This is my absolute favorite Cheetah gear combination I came up with overall. The name is goofy (Jalapeno Cheetos), but it's her best gear in my opinion. She's a huntress so all the dead, animal bones on her necklace, top, loincloth, crown etc is just fantastic alongside the leaves on her arm pieces give her a nice jungle queen feel.

Her red hair with the bright, rich green also reminds me of Christmas and who doesn't love Christmas?

Vixen- My go to for her, obviously there's nothing fancy with this, but this is my favorite shader that Cheetah has and took most of my source crystals to get lol. It's such a nicely done skin. The primary for this is ugly as fuck though...too much yellow/orange and not enough color contrast.