What's new

Guide - Commando Commando Kano's Parry-Able Strings/Misc

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So, it's weird. sometimes the 1 whiffs, and the 2 hits. But sometimes the 1 hits and the 2 whiffs. I don't get this game.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Starting with cassie, I noticed some things. You cannot duck the 2 in 121. and the second 1 in 112 is very finicky. seems that when I get it to whiff, parry misses as well a lot of the time.
In the lab real quick before I leave for the day. 1,2,1 is hard to duck, as the 2 is inconsistent on whether it will hit (Like a lot of normals in this game), but you can parry the last hit even if you block it standing. I have AI Kano set to crouch block, reversal mode on, and survivor's kounter as the reversal move, and the AI is reversing the move 10/10 EX parry for if you block the string, EX or Regular parry if the 2 whiffs lol

1,1,2 is the same thing as the second 1 is incredibly inconsistent and can't be parried if blocked, but when it whiffs, the AI parries it no problem

Also, the B4 in 1,2,B4 has to be high parried lol #BrokeBack

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I probably should be doing these to AI reversals rather than me doing the move myself actually. Good call on my stupidity

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So if it isn't obvious yet, I've fallen behind on this video. Reason being I don't quite know how to do it. I think I'm gonna A. wait for my D'Vorah friend to get back to me, and B, make it two videos, with one being just kombos, and one with specials.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
@ETC AdmiralAugustus good thread dude, can you please confirm if these gaps are present for every character with an armoured move, or if anything is kano parry or EX parry specific?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
@ETC AdmiralAugustus good thread dude, can you please confirm if these gaps are present for every character with an armoured move, or if anything is kano parry or EX parry specific?
I currently don't own the game, but I just bought a PS4 and am borrowing a copy (instead of me playing night and day at a friends all the time), so I am not able to confirm anything but here's my thoughts:

Since parry is 4 frames and ex is 2, we can extrapolate that these moves can startup and become active before the following normal is finished allowing for the parry to connect. The same principle should apply to armor but with more startup frames. For example:

If Cassie were to do her (I forget the actual string inputs) B1,2 4(?) The shoulder, punch, kick combo, we can parry the gap between 2 and 4 ex or regular, but since the gap is big enough, and the following normal is only one hit, you can actually armor through the string. The same can be applied to other strings. If the gap is present, then you can armor, but whether or not your armored move connects is completely contingent on what the following normals after the gap are. If it's a two hit normal, or a special canceled normal, your armor may get blown up.

I'll test more when I get my hands on the game, for now though, it's Metal Gear time :3

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I currently don't own the game, but I just bought a PS4 and am borrowing a copy (instead of me playing night and day at a friends all the time), so I am not able to confirm anything but here's my thoughts:

Since parry is 4 frames and ex is 2, we can extrapolate that these moves can startup and become active before the following normal is finished allowing for the parry to connect. The same principle should apply to armor but with more startup frames. For example:

If Cassie were to do her (I forget the actual string inputs) B1,2 4(?) The shoulder, punch, kick combo, we can parry the gap between 2 and 4 ex or regular, but since the gap is big enough, and the following normal is only one hit, you can actually armor through the string. The same can be applied to other strings. If the gap is present, then you can armor, but whether or not your armored move connects is completely contingent on what the following normals after the gap are. If it's a two hit normal, or a special canceled normal, your armor may get blown up.

I'll test more when I get my hands on the game, for now though, it's Metal Gear time :3
Yeah i figured being 2 frames would let you punish a few more gaps than a slower startup move, just didnt know if anyone had posted examples. Will have to test it when im home.