What's new

Command grab imputs on non Command grabs

Jbog

Noob
Why are non command grab moves dbf? Makes no sense and really why are command grabs dbf anyway db df is enough. Thoughts?

Since when should dbf input be reserved only for command grabs?
If you're struggling with a type of input, practice it.

It may help to break it into parts; it's just a db input with an f on the end, or a bf input that starts with d, etc.
Slow down and practice cleaner inputs. It's that simple.

People actin like it's a KoF pretzel or something.

Espio

Kokomo
I think the reason why command grabs are an issue for a lot of people is rushing the input. If you slow down you'll be fine. You should also tweak your settings for MK to assist with this as well if you like.

9 times out of ten execution in MK comes down to just simply slowing down and breaking it down.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I've seen so many people bitching about the command grab input. Please see above for what an actual difficult input looks like.

By the time we get MK12, you'll just have to push one button for your entire combo to complete. Sounds really fun.

Gaxkang

Banned
I think something to understand is that the input on its face is not difficult compared to others...it's that the game is simply awkward with inputs coming thru thus making a simple input not come out.

People would prefer a half moon motion over NRS' dbf that they do just to be different. Forward down back works better for people than dbf.

This symptom doesn't just apply to dbf of course, but other inputs. People can have issues with BF coming out.

MK inputs have to be caressed to come out, they don't follow the quick movements of people's reactions, etc. It can annoy people because the general gameplay by design encourages quick (or rushed) stuff.

Since when should dbf input be reserved only for command grabs?
If you're struggling with a type of input, practice it.

It may help to break it into parts; it's just a db input with an f on the end, or a bf input that starts with d, etc.
Slow down and practice cleaner inputs. It's that simple.

People actin like it's a KoF pretzel or something.
I've still never been able to do Summon Suffering or the other command grab Ivy has in Soul Calibur lol

If you play with input shortcuts on you can use d, d+b, d+f instead of d, b, f. It's way more consistent since you kinda just slide your thumb on the bottom half of the pad without having to worry about inputting it too fast. It also pretty much eliminates the chance of accidentally jumping by hitting up when sliding from back to forward, something that I found happened when trying to input d, b, f quickly in the moment. With like 10 minutes of practice I was hitting it 10/10 times on both sides.