What's new

Come test out my WIP Fighter!!!!!

What's do you look for in a fighting game? (Pick 2)

• Big Combos

• Flashy Supers

• Crispy Gameplay

• Interesting Mechanics

• Out maneuvering your opponent

• Interesting & diverse characters

• Match Hype

• Other (please comment!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
Hello all! Check out the trailer for our final semi-public Alpha-Beta test for Evolver, a new competitive 2D platform fighter in development.

Trailer showing some match footage and supers.

Download Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar53CWUHzI_th6c_90p3TcFbFWW4cA

Who and what:
My name is Micahl, and I'm the founder of a small, international dev team called Weapons Grade Studios. I've spent the last couple of years building a new, 2D fighter from scratch, and the code is almost market ready. To celebrate, we're doing a final week of bug testing and then, next Tuesday, October 10th, we will be hosting our final beta test of this version of the game (with placeholder mugen sprites). I invite you all to check it out and give honest feedback and criticism on the mechanics and gameplay. I want to make the best competitive fighter that I can, and the best way to do that is through the community. So come back next Tuesday to check out the game. Alternatively you can get regular updates by following us on facebook and twitter as well as keep up with the weekly development on my blog.

When, how, and why:
This version of the game supports local Versus matches and sports a decent VS AI (used for all trailer footage) for those playing the game alone. We'll be hosting the download from October 10th - October 13th on our facebook page, and I'll be making bug fixes and updates daily based on the feedback I receive. Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

The game
Evolver is an extremely unique fighter with both platform and traditional fighting elements. Players build their fighters in the character select and use each characters unique abilities to take control of the match. With no true blocking mechanic, Evolver is fast paced and strategy intensive with a strong focus on footsies, spacing, and conversion execution. With MOBA like resource management, interactable stage weapons, and a unique and original combo system, Evolver is a fighter like nothing you've ever played.

TL;DR: New 2D fighter doing final public tests of proof-of-concept Alpha before working on MetroidVania campaign; testing 10/10/17-10/13/17

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Uncle JBeezY appreciates Anybody who puts themselves out there putting together something creative. This concept seems pretty Righteous as fuck! BUT DAAAAAYUM I wish i could try this while im at work. But im most def all for this. Is there any way to still try this out ?Question mark?

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
Uncle JBeezY appreciates Anybody who puts themselves out there putting together something creative. This concept seems pretty Righteous as fuck! BUT DAAAAAYUM I wish i could try this while im at work. But im most def all for this. Is there any way to still try this out ?Question mark?
The download link is still active as I'm waiting for a couple of reviews from key people, but I'll definitely be taking it down this week.

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
Oh ok. I asked because i need to figure out how to actually play lol
You can play with any Xinput controller (xbox 360; xbone; ps4 using Input Mapper) or using a keyboard. If you're using a keyboard, you'll need this layout:

This layout is very similar to a fight stick and should be comfortable as long as you have a numpad. It works if you don't have a numpad, but it's much less intuitive.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You can play with any Xinput controller (xbox 360; xbone; ps4 using Input Mapper) or using a keyboard. If you're using a keyboard, you'll need this layout:

This layout is very similar to a fight stick and should be comfortable as long as you have a numpad. It works if you don't have a numpad, but it's much less intuitive.
Well thank ya kindly, sir. Hopefully I can get around to actually trying this out.

Righteous :)