What's new

come back to Vita!

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey guys, broke out the ol Vita to play some mk9 online (Vita has always been my best online connection for mk9) and I need some people to play with. Ranked matches and player matches are really hit or miss. I know a lot of TYM members have mk9 on Vita so please add me and lets play some private matches!! Psn is matix218

Long live mk9 ^_^

CRKFIEND

Noob
Hey Matix and all. I'm resurrecting this thread, I just couldn't let that sad pouty face go unanswered. Who wants to play MK Vita? Lets do this! Add me @ PSN: CRKFIEND.

Matix218

Get over here!
So as we all know the mk9 vita online no longer works.

I dont understand how this is ok, being that they have successfully migrated all other mk9 online servers from gamespy to the new servers, and the vita version is actually the newest mk9 release other than pc (so you would think they wouldn't just abandon it so soon, heck even mk vs dc online still works...)

Does anyone know of nrs planning to get vita online back working again?
@GGA 16 Bit ? (Please mention it at work if you dont mind, just so we can find out if they plan to fix it)

@PoliceBrutality
@CRKFIEND
@whoever has a vita

I want mk9 vita online back!

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I'm pretty sure they've shut down the servers for good. I've been hoping that there's a way to reverse engineer the netcode, but an easier way might be to just set up some kind of tunnel to enable ad-hoc play over UDP.

CRKFIEND

Noob
@Matix218

Yeah, it's a whole load of bullshit. I bought a Playstation TV, both Injustice and MK don't work on it. and I've contacted Sony and WB Games, the NRS "Community Manager", as well as Ed Boon. about getting the games compatible on the system. No response from either.

NRS Fucked us.

It's a shame, I was looking forward to MKX on the Vita, but it doesn't look promising. The system is useless these days, unless of course you want to see some animated tits...

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
@Matix218

Yeah, it's a whole load of bullshit. I bought a Playstation TV, both Injustice and MK don't work on it. and I've contacted Sony and WB Games, the NRS "Community Manager", as well as Ed Boon. about getting the games compatible on the system. No response from either.

NRS Fucked us.

It's a shame, I was looking forward to MKX on the Vita, but it doesn't look promising. The system is useless these days, unless of course you want to see some animated tits...

I know man, it really sucks... especially if you bought a PlayStation TV since neither game even works in single player mode on the PSTV.

I just dont understand why the online support for a relatively new system would be terminated so quickly when they have kept the xbox360 and ps3 online alive even after ditching gamespy... it sucks

CRKFIEND

Noob
I know man, it really sucks... especially if you bought a PlayStation TV since neither game even works in single player mode on the PSTV.

I just dont understand why the online support for a relatively new system would be terminated so quickly when they have kept the xbox360 and ps3 online alive even after ditching gamespy... it sucks
NRS already collected their paychecks, and quite frankly - they don't care about dicking over the fans. There was plenty of support and players on the vita. Just remember this in the future.

I contacted WB and NRS again about PSTV compatability of MK and Injustice. I still haven't heard anything from either end. I'm not holding my breath.

Anyhow, the vita saw LOTS or releases over the past two weeks that could be worth our time. I'm playing through Walking Dead Season 2 now. Tales of Hearts R, Minecraft, Wolf Among Us, and Freedom Wars just all came out.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
I wish it would come back too. I recently bought a Vita cuz I do a lot of traveling and I still wanted to play MK9. Sucks it's not online anymore.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S

Maybe patching on vita a new server etc is not possible?
I do know one thing i bought the vita and had mk9 a few days on vita before launch. I hated the controller but online was very good and tbh I leveled up alot on vita as i got as use to the dpad and small buttons I could.

Also it kicked ass I could play mk9 almost anywhere with wifi including my favorite bar heh

Funny vita story I didn't know the mic was always on at first went to the bathroom and let's out it this way I got a msg saying turn off your mic u nasty fuck.

I laughed so hard and I thank God that wasn't being streamed lol or that dude could capture the sounds His vita had with my psn EdFig81