What's new

Combo off of regular Molten Trap - Potential best AA option?

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
So while looking for AA options, I found a way to combo off of regular molten trap. It seems to only work on a trade. Not sure how viable it is/will be but thought I would share it anyway.

Basically, you trade a molten trap with the opponents jump in and there's enough time to get a follow up - which ends up combo'ing. I figure since he has no consistent AA's or AA's that can be done on reaction, why not get the biggest reward you can for making the read? It will also cover dash ins. This is probably the most damage out of all the other AA options he has.

Haven't been able to test this on every character but it seems to work best on characters with a floaty jump, making it easier to do on reaction.

Here's a few examples with some characters, check it out:

@HeroesNZ
@ArmedCalf
@CrazyFingers
@STB Shujinkydink
@RM Jonnitti
@ChatterBox
@KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY
@Dankster Morgan
@SneakyTortoise
@jmt

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'd like a tag on any Firestorm stuff in the future if you don't mind.

Also have you tried S1 as an anti air? It doesn't lower his hurt box so it does trade quite often if you mistime it, but it has a very good vertical hit box and can be converted from and done on reaction.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I play FS too, I haven't been to play as much because I do physical therapy and im a HS teacher working 60 hours a week atm. When I get back, I would love to add Gunny, I was so impressed on how well he controls space with Firestorm. I would love to learn from Gunny and I'm glad Heroesz my former NW comrade is playing FS as well. Great community here, thanks for the tech.

omooba

fear the moobs
at first i was like "this is a really smart idea and really good for firestorm players cus his anti airs are pretty iffy" then i saw catwoman... rewind... wait he can anti air catwoman's full range jump in for full combo? ummm NAAAAASTYYYYYY!!!!!!

ive tried to do this in a few sets, it hasnt worked well for me. Anybody getting this off?
I usually get the molten trap at random when i try to do D2 after holding back.
But it's good to know the option for a follow up is there when you do get it occasionally.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
okay so ive been trying to do this for the past couple of days and basically never got it to work. starting to doubt how reliable it is unless im doing something wrong

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I've got this off against characters like batman where the ji2 is an easy read. other than that I've killed myself more trying to use this instead of b1 or d2

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Ive gotten this to work. Its not very reliable but it does come up sometimes when you read someone dash in and do close carpet but they end up jumping in instead. Just good to be aware that we can convert. Also keep in mind you cant convert off of j3s since they launch.