What's new

Combo Breaker 2019 Top 8 Set!

Mortal Kombat 11 at Combo Breaker has proven to be an excellent showcase in gameplay with perhaps the most diverse competition we've had so early on in an NRS title with representatives from all over the world including Australia, The Netherlands, Canada, and many more! Competition has been consistently fierce from pools to top 24 play and the momentum hasn't slowed down.

Winner’s Top 8
Scar (Sonya/Scorpion)
Foxy (Cassie Cage)
Tweedy (Baraka)
Semijj (Kitana)

Loser’s Top 8
SonicFox (Jacqui/Erron Black)
Big D (Cetrion)
Dragon (Cetrion)
Deoxys (Geras)

Check out all the action at 7:30 P.M. Central (8:30 P.M. Eastern)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I have watched combo breaker and it was dope as hell. The only tourney I usually watch it the evo top 8. Some really hype moments all throughout I’m enjoying it. I really liked the mk11 and samurai showdown auction format. Was really fun to watch. I want to go back and watch a few other games top 8, I saw there was a ninja turtle game there lol.

This is the first time I have watched combo breaker and it was dope as hell. The only tourney I usually watch it the evo top 8. Some really hype moments all throughout I’m enjoying it. I really liked the mk11 and samurai showdown auction format. Was really fun to watch. I want to go back and watch a few other games top 8, I saw there was a ninja turtle game there lol.
Yeah, TMNT Tournament Fighters. That one holds a special place to me since that was one of the first fighting games I ever played back when I was a kid.

Personally I've found the pools of many tourneys to often times have more exciting matches than many top 8's.

I think these players will have the best chance:

1. Echo Fox | SonicFox
  2. Dragon
  3. Noble | Semiij
  4. END | Scar
  5. PXP | A Foxy Grampa
  • Sonic has the best Reactions and Clutch in Skirmishes.
  • Dragon has the best Zoning and character knowledge.
  • Semiij has the best neutral.
  • Scar has the best pressure.
  • Foxy is the best defensive player.
I really want Semiij to win just because he's unique in his Kitana usage. That, or Tweedy with his Baraka (not his Jacqui). Overall though, this should be a fantastic set of matches tonight.

Personally I've found the pools of many tourneys to often times have more exciting matches than many top 8's.
Yeah it has been really fun to watch. I wasn’t disappointed. Is combo breaker the only one who does these auction style matches? I have never seen that before. I watched some dude pay 200 dollars to play a character and lose the first match. It adds so much more to the viewing imo lol.

I really want Semiij to win just because he's unique in his Kitana usage. That, or Tweedy with his Baraka (not his Jacqui). Overall though, this should be a fantastic set of matches tonight.
I don't know tweedy personally but he seems to be a duche and overall unprofessional player (attitude). Other than that it's fun to see certain characters used but I mostly seen him use top tier counters and Baraka when he had the advantage mostly. I'd like to see Kotal, D'Vorah, Shao, Frost, Lao, Kollector, Kitana mains use them exclusively without using top tiers and let thier skill overcome bad matchups instead if using counter picks. Remember in mk9 that Sheeva who almost beat REO's Kabal, hype AF.
Obviously characters need help out of bottom tier lacking fundamental tools but it's always nice to see character loyalists succeed.

Btw shoutouts to Deoxys.. He's been steadily rising in the ranks for a couple games now, and this is a really big tournament for him. The dude is young, talented, and is about to make waves.

Btw shoutouts to Deoxys.. He's been steadily rising in the ranks for a couple games now, and this is a really big tournament for him. The dude is young, talented, and is about to make waves.
He put in some serious work yesterday, both in pools AND in FL vs. TX. He alone took out what, 3 people and got to the final match with Semiij?

He's also super wholesome which is really neat to watch. Everyone hootin and hollerin with mad disrespect while he's sittin there like "This is so awesome!"