What's new

Combo Breaker 2019 : Game + Stream Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Here's the schedule for the games and streams happening for Comb Breaker 2019, which is going down next weekend. We've got a lot of games, including Mortal Kombat 11's first big show in a major.

Game Schedule

Stream Schedule
https://combobreaker.org/schedule/

Looks like CB is planning to stream the entire of MK11, including all pools.

*edited and promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator:

Jynks

Looks like it is in the same venue right? So expect internet to crash on them at some point hahaha

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I feel like as long as Geras and Erron Black stay as strong as they are and as long as certain players (Dragon and Gross) don't learn how to deal with SonicFox' Jacqui, there is no way SonicFox is not gonna win Combo Breaker 2019.

I just feel like the competition isn't there for him. And that's something that has been going through my head in the last few days. Someone in Twitch chat said that DBFZ was the only game, which mattered, which SonicFox played and actually had some real competition in. He had to work his ass off to compete with the others and win DBFZ tournaments.
When it comes to the NRS community, I'm kinda... (and this is provocative and controversial now)... I'm kinda not sure if the big name players are truly as good and as talented as players in other communities, where the competition is more fierce. I always had that in the back of my head, which is why I laughed at 16bits hot take of SonicFox being a better and more talented player than Daigo or Tokido. No. Just no.
There is absolutely no one in the NRS community (outside of SonicFox), who has been dominant at multiple games at the same time. They're all within their NRS community bubble, playing the one relevant NRS game at a time, where the only actual challenge they run into is SonicFox. And that's a challenge no one seems to be able to overcome, because they lack the skill and talent. I don't see anything else being the case coming Combo Breaker. Especially with arguments of when SonicFox loses in an NRS game, the reason him being focusing on other games (at that time DBFZ).

Jynks

Well I think CB will test that. There are a ton of high profile players from other scenes in the brackets... I know G01 is streaming MK11 non-stop and I am pretty suire he is at CB, also Xian has been all over twitter saying he is coming to wreck the NRS scene. Chris G, Justin Wong... I am sure there are others.

Sonic also played SFV but had more success in DBZ. I hear fans in chat say it is as he just never really got into it, and that may eb true, but in SFV he was a regular top 8 but never a cert for GF and to be a winner. I did think he won some majors in SFV but not sure he won any of the capcom pro-tour events with all the capcom guys in attendance.

Still cross-game players are pretty rare. There are a few like Sonic that play many games to a high level but this isn't the norm. NRS players not doing well in SF doesn't mean SF players are better players. I mean plenty of SF and Anime players were around at the start of MKx and got exactly nowhere. If you are a pro baseball player and go and play NFL as a quarterback, and suck.. that dosn't mean you suck at playing sports. You just know how to play baseball.

Last edited:

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
I feel like as long as Geras and Erron Black stay as strong as they are and as long as certain players (Dragon and Gross) don't learn how to deal with SonicFox' Jacqui, there is no way SonicFox is not gonna win Combo Breaker 2019.

I just feel like the competition isn't there for him. And that's something that has been going through my head in the last few days. Someone in Twitch chat said that DBFZ was the only game, which mattered, which SonicFox played and actually had some real competition in. He had to work his ass off to compete with the others and win DBFZ tournaments.
When it comes to the NRS community, I'm kinda... (and this is provocative and controversial now)... I'm kinda not sure if the big name players are truly as good and as talented as players in other communities, where the competition is more fierce. I always had that in the back of my head, which is why I laughed at 16bits hot take of SonicFox being a better and more talented player than Daigo or Tokido. No. Just no.
There is absolutely no one in the NRS community (outside of SonicFox), who has been dominant at multiple games at the same time. They're all within their NRS community bubble, playing the one relevant NRS game at a time, where the only actual challenge they run into is SonicFox. And that's a challenge no one seems to be able to overcome, because they lack the skill and talent. I don't see anything else being the case coming Combo Breaker. Especially with arguments of when SonicFox loses in an NRS game, the reason him being focusing on other games (at that time DBFZ).
Jesus dude. DBFZ came out in 2018. The discussion related regarding SonicFox & ComboBreaker is in the filed of MK not NRS overall.

Well I think CB will test that. There are a ton of high profile players from other scenes in the brackets... I know G01 is streaming MK11 non-stop and I am pretty suire he is at CB, also Xian has been all over twitter saying he is coming to wreck the NRS scene. Chris G, Justin Wong... I am sure there are others.

Sonic also played SFV but had more success in DBZ. I hear fans in chat say it is as he just never really got into it, and that may eb true, but in SFV he was a regular top 8 but never a cert for GF and to be a winner. I did think he won some majors in SFV but not sure he won any of the capcom pro-tour events with all the capcom guys in attendance.

Still cross-game players are pretty rare. There are a few like Sonic that play many games to a high level but this isn't the norm. NRS players not doing well in SF doesn't mean SF players are better players. I mean plenty of SF and Anime players were around at the start of MKx and got exactly nowhere. If you are a pro baseball player and go and play NFL as a quarterback, and suck.. that dosn't mean you suck at playing sports. You just know how to play baseball.
Combo Breaker from binge watching streams and hearing stories, is essentially an event where all players are at their most serious. If you actually watch the pools in 2015 and then the rest of the tournament you will see just how many amazing and skilled players there are. Some even unknown. I can't make an accurate static of how many NON-American players have entered into Combo Breaker but I'm sure there's a lot. And like you said Jynks, right now the competitive scene is hot af. We have players from other games (HELL EVEN TEKKEN PLAYERS TOO) playing MK11 NOW. In comparison to MKX. Off the topic from other fighters from other games, in our own community we have new blood making names for themselves. Some not that popular as others.

Combo Breaker 2019:
-Foreign players (I would like to add on the fact that foreign players have never been more scary in any NRS game. So many players to name drop)
-Veterans returning
-Prepare to see character variety and players unfamiliar with matchups
-New upcoming players
-Players outside of NRS entering

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I know the schedule but here's a blown up version. Today is the day and excited to watch w/ possibly a major announcement afterwards. Who do u think will take 1st place?!

Status
Not open for further replies.