Combo Breaker 2019 : Game + Stream Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
4th place - 2016
3rd place - 2017
2nd place - 2018
Jesus dude. DBFZ came out in 2018. The discussion related regarding SonicFox & ComboBreaker is in the filed of MK not NRS overall.

Combo Breaker from binge watching streams and hearing stories, is essentially an event where all players are at their most serious. If you actually watch the pools in 2015 and then the rest of the tournament you will see just how many amazing and skilled players there are. Some even unknown. I can't make an accurate static of how many NON-American players have entered into Combo Breaker but I'm sure there's a lot. And like you said Jynks, right now the competitive scene is hot af. We have players from other games (HELL EVEN TEKKEN PLAYERS TOO) playing MK11 NOW. In comparison to MKX. Off the topic from other fighters from other games, in our own community we have new blood making names for themselves. Some not that popular as others.

Combo Breaker 2019:
-Foreign players (I would like to add on the fact that foreign players have never been more scary in any NRS game. So many players to name drop)
-Veterans returning
-Prepare to see character variety and players unfamiliar with matchups
-New upcoming players
-Players outside of NRS entering

I told you all this would happen. If you sat and watched all 3 days of Combo Breaker this has been such an amazing event filled with so many skill levels with a lot of the characters being used.

STATS AND FACTS DON'T LIE. SonicFox will never win a Combo Breaker.

AbeW

Noob
SonicFox's evil and tyranny was defeated yesterday and earthrealm was saved by its protector Scar (who fought extremely valiantly!). Evil mthrfkr SonicFox has been sent back to the depths of hell where he belongs. Rejoice earthlings, Hurrah Hurrah. All TYM bards, sing songs of glory and honor earthrealm's great protector Scar. Hurrah, hurrah.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Did anyone notice there was something off about SonicFox at Grand finals? He was shaking and muttering under his breath on top of that he was doing abnormal stuff like D1 D1 like he was locked up. He normally does 40% combos with Jacqui and always catches jumps and hoping Normals with D1 into full combo but he was dropping combos below 25% and several times only went for clinch instead if full combo like he was having problems?

Glad scar got it but I know Sonic wanted his first ever combo breaker win. It seemed like Sonic wasn't playing at his best.
No offense to any of the final 8 competition, they are all very skilled players who have amazing neutral, reactions and pressure.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Did anyone notice there was something off about SonicFox at Grand finals? He was shaking and muttering under his breath on top of that he was doing abnormal stuff like D1 D1 like he was locked up. He normally does 40% combos with Jacqui and always catches jumps and hoping Normals with D1 into full combo but he was dropping combos below 25% and several times only went for clinch instead if full combo like he was having problems?

Glad scar got it but I know Sonic wanted his first ever combo breaker win. It seemed like Sonic wasn't playing at his best.
No offense to any of the final 8 competition, they are all very skilled players who have amazing neutral, reactions and pressure.
Considering he got paid:
dbfz auction runnerup
mk11 auction WINNER (2000$ @ least)
mk 11 runnerup (9000$ pot to split) I think he will be ok...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

yeah, I feel Sonic got a little bit nervous and entering in some light-soft kinda almost imperceptible panic mode in the last match .... he droped some stuff in there, and Scar was very smart to capitalize and take advantage .... Sonic went through hell in the losers final bracket and maybe he was very tired .... no excuses, everyone know the quality and talent , undeniable , that Fox has, but, I think he was a bit stressful yesterday .... what is totally understable .... the dude is the GOAT , even losing !! :D

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
yeah, I feel Sonic got a little bit nervous and entering in some light-soft kinda almost imperceptible panic mode in the last match .... he droped some stuff in there, and Scar was very smart to capitalize and take advantage .... Sonic went through hell in the losers final bracket and maybe he was very tired .... no excuses, everyone know the quality and talent , undeniable , that Fox has, but, I think he was a bit stressful yesterday .... what is totally understable .... the dude is the GOAT , even losing !! :D
Love him or hate him he is the best NRS champion to date. His neutral, pressure, reactions, footsie and character tech is out of this world.
I also think Scar, Semiij, Dragon, Foxy, Deoxy are not far behind. I'm excited to see what comes after all of them master every character and have full character knowledge and can consistently link 3 frame AA's, Reversals, Counters and Flawless Block. It will be hype AF when we see them all FB every gap on reaction and everything is down to 5f links to get those conversions.

I'm also excited to get the inevitable balance patch so we can get a more balanced roster that is well equipped to handle top tiers.
Even if certain characters can be used with just 1-3 Normals it's lame, characters should have a full useable move list at thier disposal. Character like Kung Lao are capable of winning by using 4 Normals into stagger/throw but I'd rather see all these awesome moves and the character utilizing every tool in thier movelist.
  • Character hitbox issues need fixed.
  • KB requirements need adjusted.
  • Characters damage needs adjusted.
  • Wiffing U+2 FB launchers need fixed.
  • make every characters moves and specials practical and viable not just a couple moves. A handful of unsafe strong tools is fine just have conditioning tools to allow it's use.
  • characters shouldn't be based around one move. There should be more depth than that. Lao (F1 stagger/throw/Zhat), Liu Kang (F43/F43U3/insert Special move & Throw), Kollector (F12/F12D+1/F12D+2/Throw), Jacqui(F31/F31Cancel/F31CancelThrow), Sub Zero (F4/F2/B32/Specials/Throw), Cassie(B243mix/F412mix/Throw/Special).
And the list goes on. There are certain characters who have to utilizing all of thier moves to be successful like: Scarlet, Jade, Cetrion, Erron, Baraka, Kitana, D'Vorah, Kotal and others. I'm not saying players are not skilled because thier characters main strength and mix are off two Normals. Not at all just saying it would be cool for all characters to have all thier tools be equally effective and not have hitbox issues or normals that are unsafe AF and to risky to use more than a handle of moves reducing them to stagger/throw and a few pokes.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I feel many characters are bland & one trick ponies when they could be very diverse and filled with depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.